***OFFICIAL USC AT MINNESOTA MAROON AND GOLD BATTLE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

75% (6/8) on 3rd down defense. Not elite.
For sure. I bet the average yards to convert on those was 3 or less if i had to guess. Really need to find a way to stop the run in the 2nd half.

Wow, I've never seen a true freshman flash like this Perish kid... He's gonna be a first rounder in 4 years.
AWJr did, but he also ended up becoming a first team all-pro. It was the Vikings mistake he wasn't a first rounder.

What the hell was one yard gonna do in that situation. He had the first down and the clock was going to stop.
Agree though, he should have went just down. But decisions like that are influenced by desperate situation the hc put them in.

Tied at 10 against a top 15 team isn't shabby. Can't have a totally different team show up in the 2nd half like we've had the last few weeks, unless the Michigan 2nd half team wants to show up. That'd be cool.

Let’s hope the gophers don’t pull a Michigan and disappear in the second half.

Sure it is. I played over 1,000 snaps on the DL in college. How about you?
Who cares?

played zero snaps of college football but I do have a fully functioning brain, I know it’s impossible to play in a way that stops people from holding you. I’ve seen Aiden Hutchinson, Nick Bosa and Lawrence freakin Taylor get held and those holds stopping them from getting a sack.

PJ creates a desperate situation when he bleeds all the time away from the offense. They want to score. PJ doesn't.
I have a hard time blaming PJ for that fumble. But I hear what you’re saying, it kind of induces players to play tight.

PJ creates a desperate situation when he bleeds all the time away from the offense. They want to score. PJ doesn't.
If he were on the 1 yard line I will agree. He was at the 45 or something . He ain’t scoring even if he breaks that tackle. Just go down and start over with first down.

Who cares?

played zero snaps of college football but I do have a fully functioning brain, I know it’s impossible to play in a way that stops people from holding you. I’ve seen Aiden Hutchinson, Nick Bosa and Lawrence freakin Taylor get held and those holds stopping them from getting a sack.
Dumb. They all overcome holding and schemes and everything else to be a difference maker 17 has not done that all year.

Here’s where we get trashed. Why would you play conservative after the half?

Majors read that 2nd down play badly. Huge cutback lane. It was 6 on 6 in the box so running was a no brainer. RB has to read it right.

Turns out that we can't hope for their receivers to drop balls that hit them in the face mask all game.

Majors read that 2nd down play badly. Huge cutback lane. It was 6 on 6 in the box so running was a no brainer. RB has to read it right.
He’s not a very good zone RB. He’s a super explosive athlete who hits a hole if it exists, but I just haven’t seen the ability to read interior blocking.

Top Bottom