***Official Petition to Fire Tim Brewster***

Please, Mr. Maturi, we are begging you.

(If you agree, feel free to sign your name below. If you disagree, I question your judgment, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.)

Go Gophers!

Let's fire Maroon. Okay we can't fire him, but he is worthless so lets not read his posts. Just my opinion.

yea lets ...

Fire up and support Brew! Boy this thread is really great for recruiting.

Let's collect this list of internet pseudonymns and deliver it to the ADs office!!! This is how action becomes action!

Firing this coach would help us.

Duh, not if what we get in exchange is worse. And it could be. Remind me not to be signing partnership deals with any of you bright bulbs who simply want someone gone without a hint of who might be next.

I am not saying you fire him now but I could never understand renewing his contract to give him more time to show what he can do. Next year the majority of the players playing should be his recruits. If that is not the case then he has not recruited the right players and he will never be successful. I can't see stringing the program along with his mediocraty for four more years. The Big Ten is tough and each win is an accomplishment. A three point win over SDSU is not an accomplishment and is indicative of the program in its current state. Program has definately taken a down turn from the Mason years in actual accomplishments.

This guys being paid over a million dollars to be outplayed by guys from Winona and Ruthton that no one has heard of.

Just. Plain. Wrong.

A handful of juniors and some JUCOs, sure. But after three recruiting classes, half of Brewster's recruits in 2010 will be redshirts, true freshmen, redshirt freshmen and sophomores. If you think you win with freshmen and sophomores in the Big Ten, your opinion is meaningless.

Brew needs and deserves two more years to prove himself as a coach who can compete with and win against the best in the Big Ten. At the end of the 2011 season we will know where we are at, not until then. Getting rid of Brew now would only compound the problems this program has endured over the past 40 years. Some people on this board understand this while others do not, I need not explain any further.

Every college football coach should get 5 years to prove himself. This is especially true for Tim Brewster who is the Gopher's best recruiter since Murray Warmath. If Notre Dame can stick with Charlie Weis for 5 years, the U should do the same for Brewster.

Its Been a few days......

Its been a few days since the Bowl game. I collected my thoughts and came to this conclusion. Though I am not a staunch Brew supporter. We have to give Brew a "empty" 2 year extension (by empty I mean minimal buyout). This gives the so called stability for recruiting and etc. We need to relax and support our team. Let Brew and the staff coach next year. One more year will not kill our program. If at the end of the regular season our record is not any better, our offense is struggling and we haven't pulled off any signature wins. I will be ok with moving on. And about the schedule, yeah its tougher, but Brew is the one who got these teams on the schedule. Its now put up or shut up time.

Hey and lets pack the joint next year. Not just a ticket sellout. A butt in every seat!

Go Gophers!!

Every college football coach should get 5 years to prove himself. This is especially true for Tim Brewster who is the Gopher's best recruiter since Murray Warmath. If Notre Dame can stick with Charlie Weis for 5 years, the U should do the same for Brewster.

I agree. Surprised that UNLV just signed their new coach, Bobby Hauch, to a 3 year contract. I think Hauch needs a better agent, or else he is awfully confident that he will succeed.

Are you nuts? MASON? Absolutely ridiculous, you should be ashamed of your fingers for typing such garbage.

You should know by now - charlesbenjamin is Glenn Mason. He has been whining on GopherHole about being fired since it happened. And every night before he goes to bed he gets down on his knees and prays that Coach Brewster will fail and the U will rehire him. Mason was hoping to get hired by a more accomplished program but much to his surprise and cha"grin", not even a lesser program than the Gophers would give him a nibble. What do they know that Mason's lackey supporters don't? Too bad for us that some mid major didn't throw him a bone because now we have to put up with his pathetic posts trying to convince people to give him another chance. Mase should live so long.

Sign here if you think Maroon just....

(If you agree, feel free to sign your name below. If you disagree, I question your judgment, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.)

Go Gophers!

wants to hear himself quack.:rolleyes:

Don't worry Gopher fans....we just have to wait until 2011 to judge Coach Brew. Idaho's coach took a 2 win team and turned them into eight wins. Rhoades took a two win team and turned them into seven wins. Brian Kelly had 10 wins by year two. Calhoun took over a four win Air Force team and won nine games. We saw what June Jones has done at SMU...eight wins this year but of course, he didn't inherit an empty cupboard like Brew. Patience everyone...2011 is almost here.

All those who are dumping their tics because Brew is coming back, just promise me this- if Brew turns this thing around like I hope, then PLEASE STAY GONE. I'm tired of "fans" that jump ship so quickly. Better idea- why don't you all get together somewhere and bond. With your upbeat attitudes I'm sure that would be a great time.

That would be an indictment on his own judgement as he is the one that hired Brewster.
The firing came down to Maturi had to have his own guy. As stagnant as the previous regime and coaching staff were, Maturi pulled the trigger because he wanted his own guy in there.
Two things coach Brewster does that Maturi likes, He works cheap, has little to no buyout
and he promotes the program, and is positive. I don't agree with firing the guy but I'm not at all convinced that he is a good football coach especially with hiring Dunbar and now Fisch. He has the pedigree so maybe it will show, but he has to get this team squared away soon and start working on improving the things he can control which is bringing in talent even more. We need better players, and maybe some consistency in coaching.

BETTER PLAYERS!!!??? where do you think those south dakota kids came from?? not big brews A list the guy is nothin but hot air with no clue we need someone with experience as a head coach that can do his job without shootin off his mouth all the time

Go Gophers!

Just thought I'd bump this to make myself feel better.

Gotta be a pretty good chance Brewster's gone by Sunday, Monday at the latest.

screw that, he should resign in his post game press conference. There's no way he believes he should be paid the rest of the season

Wheaton is in.

I'd like to say I speak for all of Western Minnesota and North Eastern Nebraska, but in good conscience I probably shouldn't speak for hundreds of other people.

Top Bottom