***Official Petition to Fire Tim Brewster***

Maroon

This guy gets it!
Reaction score
Please, Mr. Maturi, we are begging you.

(If you agree, feel free to sign your name below. If you disagree, I question your judgment, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.)

Go Gophers!

Why would Maturi fire Brewster?

That would be an indictment on his own judgement as he is the one that hired Brewster.
The firing came down to Maturi had to have his own guy. As stagnant as the previous regime and coaching staff were, Maturi pulled the trigger because he wanted his own guy in there.
Two things coach Brewster does that Maturi likes, He works cheap, has little to no buyout
and he promotes the program, and is positive. I don't agree with firing the guy but I'm not at all convinced that he is a good football coach especially with hiring Dunbar and now Fisch. He has the pedigree so maybe it will show, but he has to get this team squared away soon and start working on improving the things he can control which is bringing in talent even more. We need better players, and maybe some consistency in coaching.

At least one more year...recognizing that might be an agonizing experience for GN.

Maybe Joel M should work on the idea of bringing Brew upstairs as an Asst AD responsible for coordinating fb recruiting and promoting/marketing G sports throughout the state...he's great in those areas and would be a real asset to the U in those functions imho.

Count me in. he needs to be gone. Three years is enough. he doesn't have these secret red-shirt recruits waiting in the wings and his 2010 recruiting class is littered with 2/3-star players.

Typed this in a previous post ... I am on record saying he deserves a 4th year, but the 2010 recruiting class angle is a good one ... a good way to evaluate the players, at least for me, is to see who else they have offers from ... many of the commits didn't have other offers from BCS conference schools

I might be OK with keeping him if he pulls his head out of Weber's arse. I do want to see what some of the younger recruits can do next year but not at the expense of such terrible coaching from both the head coach and the coordinators. For having so many seniors play big roles they are a tremendously undisciplined team, which always goes back to the coaches.

However, if he continues to insist that Weber start, I'm all for firing him. Gray had a bunch of good plays today and none of their players could match up with his athleticism. There was no reason to keep Weber in the game.

Not Going to Happen

I know today's game was disapointing...no doubt...but to fire Brewster now would make no sense...it is not going to happen...he needs year four to see where he will fall...if he wins 7-9 games and is competitive, I think he gets an extension...6 wins or less may get him shown the door...just relax and give him next year...besides, if we come out and beat Iowa next week, eveyone will forget about today.

Typed this in a previous post ... I am on record saying he deserves a 4th year, but the 2010 recruiting class angle is a good one ... a good way to evaluate the players, at least for me, is to see who else they have offers from ... many of the commits didn't have other offers from BCS conference schools

Very Disturbing, indeed. He lost A LOT of recruiting battles this year. He had some high profile players out of state show interest, but hardly got enough looks from the others to warrant a "great" recruiter nod.

Gray had a bunch of good plays today and none of their players could match up with his athleticism.

Quit with your logical comments, Tim Brewster will have none of it.

Seriously though, after Gray juked that dude on his first play (or second?) of the game I thought for sure we would start feeding him the ball, they couldn't match up with him. Instead we'll keep Weber back there to make bad reads and get sacked all game. Gotta love it. At this point I'm not backing Brew anymore, whether he stays on or gets fired is irrelevant to me.

know today's game was disapointing...no doubt...but to fire Brewster now would make no sense...it is not going to happen...he needs year four to see where he will fall...if he wins 7-9 games and is competitive, I think he gets an extension...6 wins or less may get him shown the door...just relax and give him next year...besides, if we come out and beat Iowa next week, eveyone will forget about today.

LOL, We will lose to Iowa by 20 plus points next week. They could have Hayden Fry and QB and sill beat this pathetic excuse for an offense.

LOL, We will lose to Iowa by 20 plus points next week. They could have Hayden Fry and QB and sill beat this pathetic excuse for an offense.

Can you win with zero points? That's our only hope!

Hawks have tOSU at 3-3 @2:40 in 1H...Gs unlikely to score offensively in Iowa City based on SDSU fiasco.

As much as it hurts watching this team, another coaching change is not what we need. One more year at least.

Will be curious to hear what Pres. Bruininks has to say ... he is very, very involved.

Will be curious to hear what Pres. Bruininks has to say ... he is very, very involved.

I was also wondering about that. It would be interesting to hear what he has to say about the situation.

Count me in. he needs to be gone. Three years is enough. he doesn't have these secret red-shirt recruits waiting in the wings and his 2010 recruiting class is littered with 2/3-star players.

2 Four Stars, and is currently ranked #28th on Rivals. The last 3 years Brewster will have had all top 35 classes and possibly 2 top 25 classes. Recruiting is NOT the issue.

I was on the verge of being on board with firing after the game today. Then I took a breath. *exhales*

This is a process, like it or not. Obviously it is not going as smoothly as we would have liked, but to his credit, Brewster should be in back to back bowls after a completely disastrous first year, which again, is his own doing TO SOME DEGREE, but still, they were brutal that first year. I thought it was hilarious when Gerry DiNardo called this year a success for the Gophers because we made another bowl game, but whatever lol.

Then I'm watching Miami right now (who just made an absolutely brutal clock management error at the end of the half, but I digress...lol). In 2002, Miami was at the top, before losing to OSU in the championship game. 11-2 in '03, then 9-3 in '04, then 9-3 in '05. Then in '06, they finished 7-6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Randy Shannon took over during this year? Anyway, then in '07, they go 5-7, brutal in the ACC. Then 7-6 last season. Now this season, they are 7-2 (looking like a possible 7-3 right now) and have some great wins this season. Why do I bring up Miami? Well, I find some similarities. They had a high as a program back in 2001, then they plateaued under Coker, the program just wasn't improving. The Gophers had a "high" in '03 but since just weren't improving. Recruiting was suffering at both schools. When each team's new coach walked in, talent was not at a level the program was accustomed to. Miami struggled his first few years as the young guys just weren't ready to roll. Obviously the Gophers have struggled as well, but at a different level as the talent was even more devoid than at Miami. Now this season, Miami has blossomed a little bit, becoming a top 15 team behind the hands of a stud sophomore QB in Jacory Harris. Then I look at Minnesota. A lot of young guys that are primed to blossom POTENTIALLY, and they will have a sophomore QB in MarQueis Gray who has the "tools" to become a stud.

My only point, give it a little bit of time. Frustrations are high, as they should be, but let's not be reckless and talk about firing coaches after three years on the job and after two bowl seasons, even if it's not what we expected right away. No improvement next year will be a death knell for Brewster though.

I've got a great idea. Let's put something on the internet trashing our head coach and hoping he gets fired. Let's put it on a web site that every potential recruit follows. That'll help us.

yawn. nope. won't be signing this petition

seriously though. some of your freaks who post your constant flames on here really need to just buy a house and move in. then you can all hang out, act miserable and post your flames on GH together. it would be much more enjoyable for all of you that way.

you know what they say: "misery - or in this case miserable people - loves company".

think about it. :rolleyes:

I'm not miserable at all, Bronko. Life is pretty good, buddy. :)

I've got a great idea. Let's put something on the internet trashing our head coach and hoping he gets fired. Let's put it on a web site that every potential recruit follows. That'll help us.

you have to understand. the people who post this same stuff week after week, deep down don't give a rip about the program. posting here is just something that occupies their saturday's. i would venture most are very miserable people to be around in everyday life.

you have to understand. the people who post this same stuff week after week, deep down don't give a rip about the program. posting here is just something that occupies their saturday's. i would venture most are very miserable people to be around in everyday life.

I would venture to say you probably don't know what it's like to be around people.

Top Bottom