***Official Petition to Fire Tim Brewster***

I've got a great idea. Let's put something on the internet trashing our head coach and hoping he gets fired. Let's put it on a web site that every potential recruit follows. That'll help us.

Firing this coach would help us.

You know how to deploy the rolleye. I'm p. sure of that.

you have to understand. the people who post this same stuff week after week, deep down don't give a rip about the program. posting here is just something that occupies their saturday's. i would venture most are very miserable people to be around in everyday life.

You are dead on again, Bronko. Everybody that wants this program to get better and are sick of mediocrity are miserable evil people. Why should we ever be better than 6-6 and make it to the extra cheese and sausage bowl every year?

At least one more year...recognizing that might be an agonizing experience for GN.

Maybe Joel M should work on the idea of bringing Brew upstairs as an Asst AD responsible for coordinating fb recruiting and promoting/marketing G sports throughout the state...he's great in those areas and would be a real asset to the U in those functions imho.

That's a nice idea in theory, but will never happen. The only time a move like that ever works is if you have a legendary long-time coach and you need a gentle way to get him to step aside. That is not the case here. If you were Brew's replacement, would you want him in that role?

BTW, I'm signed on for this petition too.

Quit with your logical comments, Tim Brewster will have none of it.

Seriously though, after Gray juked that dude on his first play (or second?) of the game I thought for sure we would start feeding him the ball, they couldn't match up with him. Instead we'll keep Weber back there to make bad reads and get sacked all game. Gotta love it. At this point I'm not backing Brew anymore, whether he stays on or gets fired is irrelevant to me.

I like this petition idea. Now I've got a ready list of people who (unless they have more inside info on Brewster than most) are fundamentally clueless about the current state of our football program.

BTW, Weber was obviously disgusting today, but the more I see of Gray the less I trust him out there. At least today he had the athleticism to make up for not being able to make a simple option read yet. Probably would have been useful once we realized he could beat the guy off the corner regularly, but he's made that mistake way too regularly for my taste.

I like this petition idea. Now I've got a ready list of people who (unless they have more inside info on Brewster than most) are fundamentally clueless about the current state of our football program.

BTW, Weber was obviously disgusting today, but the more I see of Gray the less I trust him out there. At least today he had the athleticism to make up for not being able to make a simple option read yet. Probably would have been useful once we realized he could beat the guy off the corner regularly, but he's made that mistake way too regularly for my taste.

:clap:

Right, because you and your boy Brewster obviously have it all figured it out. Keep up the good work!

Right, because you and your boy Brewster obviously have it all figured it out. Keep up the good work!

I don't think anyone said he's been doing a great job. But you have to think about program stability and Brewster's strength over the likely replacement coach.

But Brewster is the genius behind the "run every first down" scheme that seems to rack us up a nice average of .5 yards per play.

Just because someone doesn't think he shouldn't be fired doesn't mean they think he's doing a great job or is "his boy."

I don't think anyone said he's been doing a great job. But you have to think about program stability and Brewster's strength over the likely replacement coach.

I am not saying you fire him now but I could never understand renewing his contract to give him more time to show what he can do. Next year the majority of the players playing should be his recruits. If that is not the case then he has not recruited the right players and he will never be successful. I can't see stringing the program along with his mediocraty for four more years. The Big Ten is tough and each win is an accomplishment. A three point win over SDSU is not an accomplishment and is indicative of the program in its current state. Program has definately taken a down turn from the Mason years in actual accomplishments.

This guys being paid over a million dollars to be outplayed by guys from Winona and Ruthton that no one has heard of.

I am not saying you fire him now but I could never understand renewing his contract to give him more time to show what he can do. Next year the majority of the players playing should be his recruits. If that is not the case then he has not recruited the right players and he will never be successful. I can't see stringing the program along with his mediocraty for four more years. The Big Ten is tough and each win is an accomplishment. A three point win over SDSU is not an accomplishment and is indicative of the program in its current state. Program has definately taken a down turn from the Mason years in actual accomplishments.

This guys being paid over a million dollars to be outplayed by guys from Winona and Ruthton that no one has heard of.

Reality hurts.

But Brewster is the genius behind the "run every first down" scheme that seems to rack us up a nice average of .5 yards per play.

Have you SEEN our F-ing passing game lately?! Run more!

I just think it is interesting that Brewster is getting everyone to hope for a better tomorrow by hyping his recruiting classes. First off is he doing this because this is all he has to hang his hat on and every year he gets the program to wait for the future it is another million dollars in his pocket. He has said the talent he received here was good and was not a rebuilding project, but for arguments sake lets say it was terrible as many believe. If it is so bad then why is it that his elite talent that he recruited cannot beat out this poor talent and crack the starting lineup. I have a hard time believing he would be withholding the talent when he knows his job is on the line unless he is just totally clueless. What do we know so far, he was hired as a recruiter based on recruiting at Texas, please. He was such a competent and in demand coach that he never even got promoted to a coordinator in 17 years. He has failed in the management aspects as a head coach by hiring bad fits for coaches as well as failing to retain staff members. Simply put he is a salesman with no substance and is in over his head. I sign the petition.

I just think it is interesting that Brewster is getting everyone to hope for a better tomorrow by hyping his recruiting classes.

First off is he doing this because this is all he has to hang his hat on and every year he gets the program to wait for the future it is another million dollars in his pocket. He has said the talent he received here was good and was not a rebuilding project, but for arguments sake lets say it was terrible as many believe. If it is so bad then why is it that his elite talent that he recruited cannot beat out this poor talent and crack the starting lineup. I have a hard time believing he would be withholding the talent when he knows his job is on the line unless he is just totally clueless. What do we know so far, he was hired as a recruiter based on recruiting at Texas, please. He was such a competent and in demand coach that he never even got promoted to a coordinator in 17 years. He has failed in the management aspects as a head coach by hiring bad fits for coaches as well as failing to retain staff members. Simply put he is a salesman with no substance and is in over his head. I sign the petition.

TB is no dummy...when he can't deliver steak, he sells the sizzle...he's very good at it and that's buying him more time.

Have you SEEN our F-ing passing game lately?! Run more!

I agree. I was just saying that the play calling needs some tlc. The dumbest coach in the FCS can identify the lousy string of plays we run pretty much every set. It wasn't this bad at the start of the season (decker to gray anyone?).

Brewster should be back next year, with his results a clear case of "renew or fire". Maturi is suspect if he does not.

Sign me up

I can think of two better replacements. One was on the other side of the field today. The other is up in Fargo. Why not? They both have less talent, but get greater results than our recruiter/all around coaching genius. Hey, they have 1 up on Brew prior head coaching exp.

2 weeks in a row where his team was not ready to play. That performance today was pathetic. His team got beat on offense, defense and special teams. If not for SDSU's TWO fumbles on their own 10yd line, we get beat.

He has to go.

Although I have always ignored online petitions, this issue definitely deserves my all-prestigious online name.

Signed: thestl

2 weeks in a row where his team was not ready to play. That performance today was pathetic. His team got beat on offense, defense and special teams. If not for SDSU's TWO fumbles on their own 10yd line, we get beat.

He has to go.

We got beat on defense?

You must not have been watching the same game. The defense gave up 6 points. And 3 of those points really belonged to the punt team, which allowed a return to the 11 yard line.

We got beat on defense?

You must not have been watching the same game. The defense gave up 6 points. And 3 of those points really belonged to the punt team, which allowed a return to the 11 yard line.

You can fault the offense and special teams, but the defense won the game, can't fault the defense one bit. The defense just gave up 3 points. Seven of their points were given up by our own offense, and 3 points were on special teams for the long return. The defense held them to a FG on a drive that started well within FG range.

There are a lot of things to be unhappy with in this game, but the defense was not one of them.

He has to go.

In some matchups, the talent/skill/development/experience/recruiting gap problem is understandable to most fans and gets Brew a pass...the "not ready to play" problem...especially in competitive matchups...does not get him a pass here or in the media in general.

Seems that this ugly W against a less talented opponent has brought out an unusual degree of angst among GHers. Taking into account the talent TB currently has available, "consistent inconsistency" is wearing thin and the frustration level is high.

Concluding that it's all on the coaches or all on the player(s) leads to extreme solutions that might satisfy some, but are not likely to be implemented. There are a mix of problems which have been identified in thread after thread on this board and overnight success at Minny is not in the cards...as most expected, this is likely a 6-6, low-tier bowl season in a tougher schedule year. That's the expected reality...probably not a great positive or great negative, just a transitional neutral.

From my distant view, after a 3-year investment in Brewster and in the context of 40 years of lower-tier results, it would be harmful to the overall future of the program to fire him without determining if higher level recruited talent can make a real difference under his HCing regime. If it can, great...most are on board for the long haul. If not, move on with an intelligent replacement decision very likely to have the desired longer-term results...no more experimental HCing hirings.

Add me to the list of Gopher fans who want Brewster fired. We need to fire Maturi as well.

yeah yeah!! lets try and whip the board into a lynch mob. come on now leave it alone he's gonna stay...hey should stay...for now.

Top Bottom