***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I love Gopher hoops....this is so hard to watch.

Should not have run with the "Weiner Winner" promotion tonight...

If Happ & Hayes ever got called for the amount of "hooking" offensive fouls that Joey King hasn't gotten called for over the season....

If Happ & Hayes ever got called for the amount of "hooking" offensive fouls that Joey King hasn't gotten called for over the season....

They are allowed to do it all the time. Hayes is an expert at it.

Murphy is going to town on Happ.

Great call on the flop, that doesn't belong in college basketball.

That Grand Rapids kid looks out of all sorts tonite but I bet he dominates under that Wisc system in the a couple of years...nice to see him suck against the Gophs tho!

Is Sharp the next Dusty Rychart? ����

Showing he will be a rotation player next year. Awesome! something good coming out of the suspensions anyway.

Welp, Badgers covered the spread and Gophers did not get blown out and made it competitive...all in all, good game!

Welp, Badgers covered the spread and Gophers did not get blown out and made it competitive...all in all, good game!

Wait, the spread was under 13? I figured it would have been close to 20.

The opening tip pretty much summed up this season in 5 seconds.

Guys played hard and battled all the way. Even though we didn't shoot it well it all the game was relatively competitive. Sharp had a nice game and I think has put himself in line to get some minutes next season. Hopefully we shoot it better and get Murphy more touches inside against Rutgers to find a way to get a win.

Team didn't play well, but they played hard. This type of effort would have been nice in a few games this year (Northwestern X2, Nebraska). Wisconsin would have won the game regardless, but they did hit a number of very low percentage shots in the first half including at least two from 3. The most frustrating aspect of this game for me was watching a team play that only has one major piece for next year on the floor. Konate did a few good things in the second half, but was awful in the first half. Gilbert's best asset so far is that he seems to know what he supposed to do on the floor, but he doesn't seem to have any particular skill that separates himself. I think he plays smart defense, but athletically I am not sure he's gifted enough to be significantly above average there either.

Top Bottom