OFFICIAL: Minnesota vs Syracuse in Pinstripe Bowl

Better question would be does Hertz?

That’s what I was alluding too. Unbelievable….IIRC the renters spent time in jail for weeks in some cases. Massive incompetence at Hertz (everywhere these days?) and the responsible parties get off with a slap on the wrist. Frog walks are the only effective motivational tool.

What if, just what if the Gophers are ok with sliding down the bowl pecking order. What if a more winnable game (in theory) is more important to them? What if bowl record is a priority?

If we’re going to conspire, we need to do so from all angles.

Also, in reality, knowing we were getting this lower tier bowl no matter what and Arizona was a no go, I bet the school did prefer this over Charlotte or Nashville. It will be a way cooler experience for the team. And, our alumni presence in NY is bigger there too.

But I like me conspiracy theory that MN wants the lowest bowls for bowl win probability reasons. 😁

What if, just what if the Gophers are ok with sliding down the bowl pecking order. What if a more winnable game (in theory) is more important to them? What if bowl record is a priority?

If we’re going to conspire, we need to do so from all angles.

Also, in reality, knowing we were getting this lower tier bowl no matter what and Arizona was a no go, I bet the school did prefer this over Charlotte or Nashville. It will be a way cooler experience for the team. And, our alumni presence in NY is bigger there too.

But I like me conspiracy theory that MN wants the lowest bowls for bowl win probability reasons. 😁
I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's close to fact. The School is fine going to NYC and the this bowl this year. There's been many comments about how it offers something that most will never experience. 100% they wanted this over Charlotte.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's close to fact. The School is fine going to NYC and the this bowl this year. There's been many comments about how it offers something that most will never experience. 100% they wanted this over Charlotte.
I'd tend to agree with that point. As a player I would rather go to NYC than Charlotte without a doubt. No matter what bowl the Gophers are in the fans bitch about it.

News to note: the Syracuse OC and DC left within hours of each other yesterday. Their fans seem pretty happy that the QB coach was quickly promoted to OC, but mainly because their top QB recruit is connected to him and plans to stay. Man, CFB has gotten WILD very quickly.

I'd tend to agree with that point. As a player I would rather go to NYC than Charlotte without a doubt. No matter what bowl the Gophers are in the fans bitch about it.
As a player I would think NYC is the best destination of Nashville, NYC, and Charlotte. As a fan it's Nashville. Personally I wouldn't have much desire to go to Charlotte.

As a player I would think NYC is the best destination of Nashville, NYC, and Charlotte. As a fan it's Nashville.

I have been to Nashville many times and I lived less than an hour away for about a year. I love the city but I would avoid it like the plague on New Year's eve.

I just got back from a business trip to NYC and Long Island. Hotel in the financial district was about 500 a night. Long Island was about 230 a night. Didn’t have any issues in Manhattan. Walked everywhere I needed to be for meetings. Food and drink options were great. Awesome time! NYC is great! If it wasn’t for family obligations I’d be going to the game on the 29th. I think those that go will have a great time!

I just got back from a business trip to NYC and Long Island. Hotel in the financial district was about 500 a night. Long Island was about 230 a night. Didn’t have any issues in Manhattan. Walked everywhere I needed to be for meetings. Food and drink options were great. Awesome time! NYC is great! If it wasn’t for family obligations I’d be going to the game on the 29th. I think those that go will have a great time!
If you hate everything you’ll hate New York City

It's all a sales pitch, I think it's what we all know and expect. What are they really supposed to say "I know we all wanted a football field someplace warm, but this is what you get". The bowl has been played like 11 times....honestly, how many times
Yes that has been my experience as well.
They’ve also got cabs everywhere in NYC.

They’ve also got cabs everywhere in NYC.
highfive-taxi.gif
taxi.gif

Pinstripe Bowl 2022?

Best Bowl Game Evah!!!

Same here. :(

I could plow through all 17 pages... do we know if Mo is playing or of anybody else sitting out?
Oliver evidently didn't want to play.

I could plow through all 17 pages... do we know if Mo is playing or of anybody else sitting out?
Oliver evidently didn't want to play.
You’re attempting to ask a serious and thoughtful question in the middle of 17 pages of narcissistic bowl pecking order meltdown?

How DARE you!

Also, no news on that front.

That’s what I was alluding too. Unbelievable….IIRC the renters spent time in jail for weeks in some cases. Massive incompetence at Hertz (everywhere these days?) and the responsible parties get off with a slap on the wrist. Frog walks are the only effective motivational tool.
So speeding off with a performance car is wrong?🤡 ;)

I was just in NYC for a conference all week. My hotel room was $665/night but that might have been jacked up due to a conference.

I lived in NYC for a few years and I just don't enjoy it. I didn't have any issues but I wouldn't feel comfortable with my wife walking around alone in most areas and I'm not just some guy who is afraid of cities - I've lived in a bunch of them.

To each their own.

I was just in NYC for a conference all week. My hotel room was $665/night but that might have been jacked up due to a conference.

That probably was Manhattan I'm guessing. I just checked hotels closer to the stadium in the Bronx and in Washington Heights over that time period and they weren't even close to that much.

I have been seconds from clicking on the button to book the flight a few times now. First a cheap Sunday flight, (tired of Christmas traditional stuff) and return on Friday a few days ago and now just a 10am arrival on game day and a return on Friday mid-day.

The very early MSP flight into JFK around 930 or 10AM (and a E train trip to Manhattan, then #4 Subway up to 161st/ Yankee stadium looks to be about 1 hour), had me hooked, then I backed off a half an hour ago.

Something like that will induce me to purchase in a few more days. The trip I just passed on was into JFK and out of Newark. I am not sure if Newark, LGA, and JFK are all pretty much equal when it comes to transit into Manhattan. I have only flown into EWR-Newark.

I can either quickly check my bag at a mid-town hotel before getting on the #4 to the Bronx, or travel with no bag, buy some stuff after the game and ship it all back UPS before I head to the airportFriday (extra shirt or something, Walgreens stuff)

These types of last minute, bare bones trips are fun, I did the same thing into and out of Phoenix last year. I will bring cash, cards, and little else, and the key will to be to stay in a good Manhattan hotel post game. For PHX I brought my work computer, but this time no way.

25 plus years ago I rode the subways all over Manhattan the days before my brother graduated from West Point, and it was a lot of fun, but that was perfect weather in May, early June, , not December.

Last edited:

How many players on our team have never been to NYC ?

How many will never play in the NFL ?

New York around Christmas for a bowl game is an awesome memory for the team.

This is great for the players.

In his presser, Fleck mentioned that the coaches asked the team how many had been to NYC and only about five hands went up.

I have been seconds from clicking on the button to book the flight a few times now. First a cheap Sunday flight, (tired of Christmas traditional stuff) and return on Friday a few days ago and now just a 10am arrival on game day and a return on Friday mid-day.

The very early MSP flight into JFK around 930 or 10AM (and a E train trip to Manhattan, then #4 Subway up to 161st/ Yankee stadium looks to be about 1 hour), had me hooked, then I backed off a half an hour ago.

Something like that will induce me to purchase in a few more days. The trip I just passed on was into JFK and out of Newark. I am not sure if Newark, LGA, and JFK are all pretty much equal when it comes to transit into Manhattan. I have only flown into EWR-Newark.

I can either quickly check my bag at a mid-town hotel before getting on the #4 to the Bronx, or travel with no bag, buy some stuff after the game and ship it all back UPS before I head to the airportFriday (extra shirt or something, Walgreens stuff)

These types of last minute, bare bones trips are fun, I did the same thing into and out of Phoenix last year. I will bring cash, cards, and little else, and the key will to be to stay in a good Manhattan hotel post game. For PHX I brought my work computer, but this time no way.

25 plus years ago I rode the subways all over Manhattan the days before my brother graduated from West Point, and it was a lot of fun, but that was perfect weather in May, early June, , not December.
This is awesome! Do it! I would if I could (love NYC!), but like others above I've got family obligations. I'm guessing everyone who goes will have a good time though.

In his presser, Fleck mentioned that the coaches asked the team how many had been to NYC and only about five hands went up.

I lived there for a half decade in my latest 20's / early 30's. Christmas season in NYC is awesome.

God bless Texas as I am never leaving, but man as a younger guy, NYC was fun. The team is going to have a great time.

I lived there for a half decade in my latest 20's / early 30's. Christmas season in NYC is awesome.

God bless Texas as I am never leaving, but man as a younger guy, NYC was fun. The team is going to have a great time.

I grew up about 2.5 hours away and used to go there for a day each summer as a teenager and then a couple of times as a college student. It was always a good time. Everyone should visit there at least once in life.

That probably was Manhattan I'm guessing. I just checked hotels closer to the stadium in the Bronx and in Washington Heights over that time period and they weren't even close to that much.
Yeah, it was Manhattan and it was bloated because they were hosting a large-ish conference.

I don't think hotels closer to Yankee Stadium will be too bad.

Right. All college kids from the cold and icy north prefer NYC in late December to a warm and sunny destination.

Right. All college kids from the cold and icy north prefer NYC in late December to a warm and sunny destination.

Really ?
These kids (70% black) grow up watching shows and musical artists, etc from places like NY.

You think they care about BFE Nashville or Charlotte?

Weather matters not. Culture and "coolness" matters.

Top Bottom