***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SOUTH DAKOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

As stated before - the key for this team is zero expectations. If they play bad, well, it was expected. If they play well - hey, a pleasant surprise. That is the only way to approach this season.

People on here are acting like the Gophers are some highly rated team that got upset by a MIAC school.
In reality, a very young, inexperienced team that is struggling with various aspects of the game lost to another D1 school. If that is the end of the world, I'd hate to see how some of these posters react when something really serious happens.

Until they start crushing these kinds of schools and do something of significance in the BIG, fans have every right not to get excited. Is what it is. I'll still watch but I am not going to stay glued to the tune or buy tickets if the fish are biting.

Until they start crushing these kinds of schools and do something of significance in the BIG, fans have every right not to get excited. Is what it is. I'll still watch but I am not going to stay glued to the tune or buy tickets if the fish are biting.

No one needs to be excited about the loss. Just calling for the coaches head after something that was definitely plausible at the start of the season is going overboard.

All my years on GH, Pitino has been given the shortest leash.

I can't remember a revenue sport coach who was hired, had a worse first year than the last year of the coach who was fired before him, then had a second year worse than his first year, and then had a third year which everyone expected to be worse than his second.

Someday these kids will grow up and we will have an experienced team like most. Mason, Fitz, Konate, and Lynch seniors. Murphy, Dorsey, Dupree, Gilbert juniors. Coffey, curry, and Hurt sophomores. Hopefully an impact freshman or two. It will be ok. I'll be at Williams on Tuesday to continue to watch this team mature and grow. Enjoy the journey. Maybe I'm naive but I'm still optimistic.

Top Bottom