***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SOUTH DAKOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

Embarrassing... Didn't think it would be a great year... but SD? Unacceptable.

We had them down 6 with two minutes left in OT. No matter what happened before that, you have to finish that

Embarrassing... Didn't think it would be a great year... but SD? Unacceptable.

They had a bad game and lost in double OT. It happens. It's not like other B1G teams haven't had this kind of loss so far this year....

Dear Richard. Totally unacceptable. If you can't get the team to play well enough to beat a bad SD team at home, you don't belong in the Big Ten. Embarrassing!

Now the Gophers get to play the good South Dakota team on Tuesday.

A loss like this doesn't surprise me at all. Had to expect it with our youth and the fact that upsets like this have become common for teams better than us. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it though.

Just a disgusting performance by the Gophers. Losing a 6 point lead in overtime is inexcusable. I predicted their would be an ugy home court non-conference loss this year, but this shocked me. Essentially you had 3 chances to beat South Dakota (40 min game and then two 5 min games) and couldn't get it done. I didn't understand why the Gophers were taking 3's late in regulation when a)they hadn't made one all half and b) were in the double bonus and were getting to the line at will. In both overtimes, it was beyond ridiculous that they couldn't get a single stop with the lead in the closing minute of the first or second OT. They (including the coaches) deserved every bit of this loss.

Morris played poorly tonight. Mason didn't play well. Team shot 35% from the floor.

No shooters, no defense, no inside game. Other than that we are pretty good.

Was worried after the nice performance against Clemson that we might see a team at least start off asleep today and that's what happened. Would not have guessed SoDak would be the one to end the long home winning streak. Didn't get to watch today but listening to the game it seemed like Murphy really kept us in it and tried to carry the team but not many other guys that stood out. King had a decent game, Dorsey showed the potential but also had some costly turnovers. Mason might have had one of the worst games of his career so far but did hit some clutch shots. Morris sounded awful going 1/10 and Konate seemed to really struggle on defense. Sounded like the refs were pretty questionable both ways but they really questioned the call on a potential King steal towards the end of the 2nd OT were Mason would have had a layup to take the lead but they bailed USD out with a foul call on King.

Just a disgusting performance by the Gophers. Losing a 6 point lead in overtime is inexcusable. I predicted their would be an ugy home court non-conference loss this year, but this shocked me. Essentially you had 3 chances to beat South Dakota (40 min game and then two 5 min games) and couldn't get it done. I didn't understand why the Gophers were taking 3's late in regulation when a)they hadn't made one all half and b) were in the double bonus and were getting to the line at will. In both overtimes, it was beyond ridiculous that they couldn't get a single stop with the lead in the closing minute of the first or second OT. They (including the coaches) deserved every bit of this loss.

So you predicted a loss like this but it still shocked you?

The positive is we are one more bad loss closer to getting rid of Pitino.

The amount of layups given up by this team is ridiculous. Coupled with poor shooting and it was a painful game to watch.

Only bright spot was Murphy again.

They will lose another home non conference game, my guess is 8-5 in the non-conf and 3-13 to 5-13 in the big ten. This is a really really sad state in year 3. His seat is going to be really hot heading into next year, combine the team has gotten worse each year he has been here and a new ad hard to see him making it past next year without a tournament appearance. Looking more and more like they hired a name and not a coach, not to mention the person who hired him.

The positive is we are one more bad loss closer to getting rid of Pitino.

Good idea, get rid of Pitino and risk Coffey decommitting and Murphy transfering. Pitino will have at least next year to prove himself. This was always going to be a down year given what we lost.

So you predicted a loss like this but it still shocked you?

Yes, because of how it happened. I thought they'd lose one of these games, but not in this manner. Murphy had a tip in to tie it with like 1 second left in the game. They then go to OT with all of the momentum against freaking South Dakota, get up by 6, then piss that away to go to a second OT. At that point, you now have a THIRD chance to wake the F up against a South Dakota team that had 4 of their 5 guys on the floor with 4 fouls. They still find a way to lose.

How much is his buy out. Can we start a collection?

They will lose another home non conference game, my guess is 8-5 in the non-conf and 3-13 to 5-13 in the big ten. This is a really really sad state in year 3. His seat is going to be really hot heading into next year, combine the team has gotten worse each year he has been here and a new ad hard to see him making it past next year without a tournament appearance. Looking more and more like hired a name and not a coach, not to mention the person who hired him.

It's ok. Let it out

Good idea, get rid of Pitino and risk Coffey decommitting and Murphy transfering. Pitino will have at least next year to prove himself. This was always going to be a down year given what we lost.
x2 Next year is the big year and with the transfers and incoming freshman we could be very good.

Hell get next year but hard to see how the program will be tournament ready next year. This is the worse team since Monsons last year. The center position is in the worse shape of my 30 years of being a fan.

Football would never lose to a team from South Dakota, especially at home.

Embarrassing!

We beat Clemson, found a superstar, things are turning yay!!!!

We lose to SD, fire Pitino, how much is his buyout?

Can everyone just take a deep breath and let this play out? We lost a non-con home game finally. It was bound to happen. It happens to everyone

Hell get next year but hard to see how the program will be tournament ready next year. This is the worse team since Monsons last year. The center position is in the worse shape of my 30 years of being a fan.

I'd wait and see how the team is playing in late January or February before making that proclamation. I think it's possible that this is the first Gopher team in a long time that gets better as the season moves forward.

So last year is not Pitino's fault because he had all of those underperforming Tubby players, but this year is not his fault because now he doesn't have those same players?

Bleed I agree that is why I don't understand all of his defenders. Its year 3 and every year the team has gotten worse.

Two questions for those who were at the Barn:

1. Was the 3 made by South Dakota to take the lead with like 1:10 left in the 2nd OT a prayer? Radio guys said so, but they don't exactly inspire confidence.

2. Was the crowd pretty quiet for South Dakota free throws in then 2nd OT? Certainly didn't sound on the radio like the environment for those free throws was very intimidating, but am not used to just listening to the game so don't know how well it picks up crowd noise.

Top Bottom