***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD***

Yes. Virtually all pro and college teams tell their players to run back on defense to prevent transition offense. Advanced stats have proven that offensive rebounding is not very important.

Interesting. Seems that our opponents really benefit from it.

Great start on defense allowing three easy buckets. No effort.

This is a F ing joke. Blow it up now so we don't have put with 3 more years of this garbage.

One team made halftime adjustments. The Gopher's lane defense is wide open.

Pretty disappointing. I've been a big Pitino/waiting for next year kind of guy, but I'm beginning to question whether he is even capable of coaching a college basketball team.

Does anyone know why we run a 4 out 1 in offense when we are such a poor perimeter shooting team?

This crap is hard to watch...making me wish for Tubby's offense. And any defense...any at all would be nice.

We had 2 possessions in a row where literally, it was 2 against 5. Mason and Morris were the only ones moving and passing the ball between each other. Either our players are really dumb, our coaches can't coach or a combination. Really poor effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 2 possessions in a row where literally, it was 2 against 5. Mason and Morris were the only ones moving and passing the ball between each other. Either our players are really dumb, our coaches can't coach or a combination. Really poor effort.

Or our players don't trust each other.

The roads are fine. I would guess that people don't receive enough entertainment watching this squad in person. It's better to sit at a bar and drink while watching the game.
Or this team has driven people to drink....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is a F ing joke. Blow it up now so we don't have put with 3 more years of this garbage.
Don't talk so negative you might get a temporary ban from the board.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why we run a 4 out 1 in offense when we are such a poor perimeter shooting team?

Probably the same reason we continue to play a zone defense against a team that is hot from the outside.

If I never see Carlos Morris play a minute again that is ok with me...garbage player. This team will not win another game this year.

NW had 8 threes total last 2 games. They have 11 today. Pretty much sums up the Lil Ricky era. I guess we'll wait until year 5 and a 6-12 B10 record before we blow it up. That's just how we do things up here.

I know people keep talking about patience, and next year's recruiting class - but really, how much impact can 3 guys have? (plus, I question how much Hurt will play as a FR, so it's really 2 guys) To transform this program, Pitino is going to have to land at least one Major impact player - I'm talking an All-Conf as a FR type of player. I like Coffey, but I don't think he's on that level. I see Coffey as the kind of guy whose skills will compliment other good players - assuming there are other good players around him.........

If there's a plan or a strategy here to build the program, it's eluding me at this point.

How many times will NW sucessfully run the pick and roll down down the lane before we attempt to stop it?

King, Buggs and Morris should be glued to the bench...go young and give all the freshman and sophomores run. If you are not going to be competitive with veterans go really young and get them some experience.

BTN announcers hammering the lack of leadership by King and Morris. Pitino must also be pissed at them as they are both riding the pines(and rightfully so). Unfortunately that leaves 3 frosh and 2 sophs on the floor.

Little Richie made a major blunder not bringing in a veteran assistant when McHale left...country club 2.0 (alla Wolves)

I know people keep talking about patience, and next year's recruiting class - but really, how much impact can 3 guys have? (plus, I question how much Hurt will play as a FR, so it's really 2 guys) To transform this program, Pitino is going to have to land at least one Major impact player - I'm talking an All-Conf as a FR type of player. I like Coffey, but I don't think he's on that level. I see Coffey as the kind of guy whose skills will compliment other good players - assuming there are other good players around him.........

If there's a plan or a strategy here to build the program, it's eluding me at this point.

With the transfers there will be five new players next year.

But with this kind of effort, it won't matter. Pitino needs to get these guys going fast.

You blow up the coach now...you might as well be ready for another 3+ years of ineptness. I'm not saying Richard is the greatest coach ever, but I'm willing to wait at least another year. Everyone of us knew it would be like this, this year. The thing I struggle with the most is the lack of effort on the part of some of the players. As I have said a number of times during past games, there is not one player on the floor that has stepped up to kick the other players in the ass...sorely missing a floor general.

Like that the broadcaster commented on Morris and King's manhood being challenged. Pitino should not have put them back in. Why play King when we are down by 22?

They are adding 5 players next year. Fitzgerald and Lynch are the 2 transfers who are with the team. There are no guarantees but with experience and the 5 additions the team is bound to improve.

Morris appears to be in every game for one person...Morris. That's not leadership. King has looked progressively less interested as the season has went on.

They are adding 5 players next year. Fitzgerald and Lynch are the 2 transfers who are with the team. There are no guarantees but with experience and the 5 additions the team is bound to improve.

You're right. I forgot about the transfers.

Mike Grimm just made the following comment - "Northwestern is going to get the victory, but it won't help their RPI."
Now, that is a true commentary on the current state of affairs for Gopher BB.

Top Bottom