***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
The winnable games on paper are few and far between on the Gophers conference schedule, but today is one of those days. Pitino has never beat the mighty Wildcats at home, and Mo's missed layup a the buzzer from two years ago still stings. Here's hoping we finally solve the home-Northwestern issue and finally get a win.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A home loss to NW to start B10 0-4 will turn up the heat a couple degrees on Lil Ricky's seat.

Northwestern has only lost a couple games this year. What would make a person feel confident that the Gophers win today?
I hope the Gophers win, but I can't dismiss the idea that Northwestern is a better team than us in all facets of the game.

Northwestern has only lost a couple games this year. What would make a person feel confident that the Gophers win today? I hope the Gophers win, but I can't dismiss the idea that Northwestern is a better team than us in all facets of the game.

Because I'm a cockeyed optimist

Are our guys told to not crash the boards on offense? Every outside shot we take there never seems to be anyone in the paint trying to get an offensive rebound.

Unbelievable that the game is half way through the first quarter and only 5 posts. Either people are at the game or just don't care anymore.

Why would coach continue to start Morris and King when the team is going nowhere and it is clear they don't have the ability to make this a winning team?

We've gotten some good looks from 3, just not dropping.

Unbelievable that the game is half way through the first quarter and only 5 posts. Either people are at the game or just don't care anymore.

Why would coach continue to start Morris and King when the team is going nowhere and it is clear they don't have the ability to make this a winning team?

I still don't understand the hate for Morris. Yes, he does some stupid stuff but so does everyone else. He's the only guy on the team that consistently tries to drive to the hoop. No one else does that. We keep settling for outside shots even though we can't make them.

I like the way Bakary is playing. He has a defensive presence without fouling.

Sick when Konate is high scorer. Team's as quiet as crowd and posters.

Watched Maryland today...LOTS of talent on that team. We have to have a post presence to be successful...we just don't have it....and everyone knows it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watched Maryland today...LOTS of talent on that team. We have to have a post presence to be successful...we just don't have it....and everyone knows it.

We also need guys that can shoot, guys that can drive, guys that can play defense, and guys that can take care of the ball.

Like Bakary's start, but now he doesn't seem to be able to catch the ball. I would still rather see him get minutes than either of the Seniors. No Buggs today. Sat him the entire first half. He will be coached to transfer.

We also need guys that can shoot, guys that can drive, guys that can play defense, and guys that can take care of the ball.

Personally, I think if we get regular post production it would take some pressure off the shooters.

I hope Morris saw that inside pass from McBreyer to Konate. Those whirling dervish passes in traffic are too much for Konate to handle.

Meanwhile, we get back doored in the post for the second time in a couple of minutes.

How are the roads up in the cities? Terrible conditions here in SW MN. wondering if that helped hold down the crowd.

No free food - gophers trail at halftime. This team is so schizo - they can have 2 or 3 good possessions in a row, then they go into one of those 3 or 4 minute dead zones. Yes, I know they're young - but it's still frustrating to watch.

I think Dorsey needs to have his eyes checked. It seems like the mark that he is shooting at is either in front of or behind the actual scoring spot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think Dorsey needs to have his eyes checked. It seems like the mark that he is shooting at is either in front of or behind the actual scoring spot.

In other words, I think Dorsey's depth perception is off.

Except for a few really bad moments, the defense was pretty good in the first half. Bakary's best all around half in some time, probably his best period.

Joes defense is not good tonight

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are our guys told to not crash the boards on offense? Every outside shot we take there never seems to be anyone in the paint trying to get an offensive rebound.

Yes. Virtually all pro and college teams tell their players to run back on defense to prevent transition offense. Advanced stats have proven that offensive rebounding is not very important.

Kings defensive liability is to much to make up for on offense, it drives me crazy. Missed assignments on 3s and anything inside.

This team is difficult to watch right now. Either it is lack of communication or lack of trust (perhaps both), but everything seems to be a step slow. The last 15 seconds of offense, before the half, was a snapshot of how the season is going.
Will we see any adjustments at the half?

How are the roads up in the cities? Terrible conditions here in SW MN. wondering if that helped hold down the crowd.
The roads are fine. I would guess that people don't receive enough entertainment watching this squad in person. It's better to sit at a bar and drink while watching the game.

Joes defense is not good tonight

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I thought the same, but in his defense, it seems that NW has forced him to try guard two guys when we play the match-up zone. The question is, where is the help defense?

Except for a few really bad moments, the defense was pretty good in the first half. Bakary's best all around half in some time, probably his best period.

Not sure that a zone (even if it was a good one) is a great idea against a team that isn't terribly athletic with a knock down 3 point shooter .

Top Bottom