***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NEBRASKA BTT WIN OR SEASON'S OVER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This ain't no shit win. The Huskers have been the team you don't want to play lately. This is an impressive accomplishment.
Where do the Huskers go from here? They probably lose tominaga, Griesel, and Walker. They may be in a world of hurt.

I really hope Henley stays......he is so raw but there is a really good player in there.
I have been critical of Henley doing Henley type stuff which usually wasn’t anything good.

He does seem to have gained more confidence as a few more shots have started to drop. I have come around to wanting him to stay.

Where do the Huskers go from here? They probably lose tominaga, Griesel, and Walker. They may be in a world of hurt.
They had a bunch of guys get hurt who will all probably be back....but they have some big pieces to replace.

I have been critical of Henley doing Henley type stuff which usually wasn’t anything good.

He does seem to have gained more confidence as a few more shots have started to drop. I have come around to wanting him to stay.
He made some massive plays in the 2 wins here late in the season. He has to learn how to play under control but there is a really good player in there.

From the 12th row, Nebraska played zero defense most of the game. Fun game, played well, and biggest crowd on a Weakling Wednesday I’ve ever seen.

I can picture it now, #16 Minnesota vs #16 Alcorn St in Dayton...

The game that hasn't been played 2 years in a row. They keep dodging us with "covid", we know they're just too scared to play us.
Alcorn lost tonight, not surprising. They know what would've been ahead of them.
Cowards

Don't be a dink. If Henley had been the last person to touch the ball.

I didn’t say he was the last person to touch the ball. He touched it. Replayed showed Henley touched it. It was a good play. Then it went off #5s hand.

First game I can truly remember where guys were drilling clutch shots.....all year other teams have been doing that to us....it was so nice to see us be the team making those shots for a change.
Me too. It always seemed like the other team could do no wrong. Tonight it worked for the right team for once.

Tominaga has another year remaining, but yeah Griesel and Walker are definitely gone.

Fun game. Definitely the most complete game the Gophers have played all year. Outside of a couple bad passes, Cooper was excellent. The team moved well tonight and he found them for wide open shots and dunks.

First game I can truly remember where guys were drilling clutch shots.....all year other teams have been doing that to us....it was so nice to see us be the team making those shots for a change.
I didn't think Carrington played too well, but I thought the clutch shot of the game was his rainbow 3.

Nebraska had all the momentum and if I'm remembering correctly, they had cut it to one.

I had a bad feeling at that point, and when he launched from way out there, I was like NOOOOOOOO........"oh, great shot!"

Tominaga has another year remaining, but yeah Griesel and Walker are definitely gone.

Fun game. Definitely the most complete game the Gophers have played all year. Outside of a couple bad passes, Cooper was excellent. The team moved well tonight and he found them for wide open shots and dunks.
they are talking like he won't come back. They asked him in the postgame, and he said he didn't know. He can be a star overseas.

From the 12th row, Nebraska played zero defense most of the game. Fun game, played well, and biggest crowd on a Weakling Wednesday I’ve ever seen.
Perhaps it was the spector of eternal damnation that scared them from defending.

Maybe it’s been mentioned, but how about Payne shutting down Walker in the second half!?

I thought Walker was going to score 30 points after the first few minutes. He may not have scored in the second half.
I kept thinking about how Payne would have been in 7th or 8th grade when Walker was a senior in HS. Crazy how COVID and transfers has led to these age gaps. And Payne held his own physically.

If he decides to play defense, or pulls his head out on defense... he gave up a lot of easy points tonight.

I really hope Henley stays......he is so raw but there is a really good player in there.
There’s a chance he never turns out, but his ceiling is sooooo high. Has all the pieces you need, gotta take shots on guys like that and hope you can turn them into a star. Those are the types of guys that can turn around programs

Are you running it back for Thursday night as well? Or are you one and done?

If he decides to play defense, or pulls his head out on defense... he gave up a lot of easy points tonight.
Totally agree - he is not good on the defensive side - slow, loses his man, doesn’t fight through screens - he was torched by Tominaga all night - and he was also slow to rotate in the Wisconsin game when they hit the big three pointer late to take the lead - i know he is young but he is not good - he is chasing the game - for those who disagree key on him defensively tonight when watching Maryland game

Watched the game on DVR, first 4 minutes I thought a train wreck was going to happen…then it turned into arguably the best game for the gophers all year:
-offensive execution
-ball movement *we didn’t have a ball stopper last night* which led to open shots which we were nailing (I think at some point it was like 13/14 in a row)
- huge rebounding advantage, which the announcers said we should have since nebraska is a terrible rebounding team…and we did
-CBJ getting fired up and backing his players (Battle)…even though I’d argue leaving him in with 4 fouls with 9 minutes left is insanity *but also Battle needs to understand that with 4 fouls you don’t go for a 50/50 charge/block call…just give the layup…that’s partially on him*
-clutch free throws from Talon and Henley
-Carrington plays like trash all game but gets slight redemption with his high arching 3 to build the late lead
-3 calls under a minute left go our way (the Griesel offensive foul was not an offensive foul, the other two calls were accurate)

Not sure where this has been all year. I can’t just say it was matchup issue with Nebraska because each player made the choice to pass the ball (maybe it was Nebraska’s choices of zones…). We will see tonight

Last edited:

I mean, welcome to college sports. I like Fred, and I hope they come out well.

I didn't think Carrington played too well, but I thought the clutch shot of the game was his rainbow 3.

Nebraska had all the momentum and if I'm remembering correctly, they had cut it to one.

I had a bad feeling at that point, and when he launched from way out there, I was like NOOOOOOOO........"oh, great shot!"
The way he released it reminded me of Blake. 😱💀

was a fun game!
Henley making all 3 of his free throws on that 3 point foul was huge.....and at the end him missing that first free throw the hands sweat a little more, bad things creep into your head.....huge for him to make that 2nd one! just a great all around game on offense for him......again you can see he just gets lost on defense too often yet and is still a bit out of control....but man great to see him take some major strides here to close out the season

and Dawson Garcia, once again, just making plays for us!!
my favorite part might have been BJ fricken standing up for his players and losing his cool! not great he got a technical but it was horse shit call and glad he made a point
Steady Cooper! great job! his 2 3's were just at the perfect time! and his clutch free throw shooting!
51.9% field gold percentage, 41.7% 3 pt percentrage, and 70% Free throw percentage is going to win you a lot of games!

was a fun game!
Henley making all 3 of his free throws on that 3 point foul was huge.....and at the end him missing that first free throw the hands sweat a little more, bad things creep into your head.....huge for him to make that 2nd one! just a great all around game on offense for him......again you can see he just gets lost on defense too often yet and is still a bit out of control....but man great to see him take some major strides here to close out the season
Exactly. Great perseverance and key shots but he got schooled four times on back doors.

I was thinking he should have missed the second free throw which would have ended the game without a shot. The 1.3 second heave was scary. Don’t think that is possible if they have to rebound the ball.

Top Bottom