***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NEBRASKA BTT WIN OR SEASON'S OVER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Here we are, the potential end of the road, or the beginning of an amazing run. It all begins tonight in a winnable game vs The Mayor and his improving Huskers squad. We know Coyle has Ben's back, we also know we may put a 60% FT shooter in the game for 17 seconds at a critical time to unfortunately shoot FTs.

This could be the last time Battle/Samuels/Cooper put on a Gopher jersey, or this could be the start of the most improbable 5 in 5 run in college basketball history.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the optimism Stan. Hoping for a great effort tonight at a min.

this could be the start of the most improbable 5 in 5 run in college basketball history.
I can picture it now, #16 Minnesota vs #16 Alcorn St in Dayton...

The game that hasn't been played 2 years in a row. They keep dodging us with "covid", we know they're just too scared to play us.

Last edited:

Let's get one win to start! Go Gophers!!

the rest of you will have to pull the Gophers through without me.

due to the weather forecast, some HS basketball playoff games were moved from Thursday night to tonight and I am doing PA duty. so, best I can do is try and sneak a peek at the score during time-outs. with luck I might get home in time to catch the last 10 minutes of the game or so.

BTW - a former co-worker of mine is a rabid Husker fan. so I would really appreciate a win tonight, because the alternative is seeing this guy gloating on Twitter all night.

due to the weather forecast, some HS basketball playoff games were moved from Thursday night to tonight and I am doing PA duty. so, best I can do is try and sneak a peek at the score during time-outs. with luck I might get home in time to catch the last 10 minutes of the game or so.

BTW - a former co-worker of mine is a rabid Husker fan. so I would really appreciate a win tonight, because the alternative is seeing this guy gloating on Twitter all night.
Would his #11 Huskers beating the #14 Gophers really be something to crow about on Twitter? I mean I know it has been a rough run for Nebraska fans with their football team in the crapper but damn....have they really sunk that low? :)

Worst case scenario if Nebby wins, I’d that he belongs to you again in the fall😃

Yer on the call!

This can't be the their last game of the year as I won't be able to watch or listen to the game...some times one has to do work.

I feel that the pairings tonight are really unfair. This day has belonged to Nebraska and the Gophers in recent years while Ohio State and Wisconsin are interlopers to the Wednesday round. I wish the Huskers and the Gophers had a chance to oust each of the interlopers!

This could be the last time Battle/Samuels/Cooper put on a Gopher jersey

Which begs the question: will they fight like lions to delay their final appearance or will they fold like cheap suits?

Today we start the big push.

Yes indeed.

basketball-hoosiers.gif

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Gophers sign Jimmy Chitwood from portal, will be immediately eligible.

I'm assuming that Johnson will not repeat his strategy from last years WW game: play 4 guys 40 minutes and the 5th guy 39 minutes.

I hope they figured out a way to limit Griesel. He killed us the last time.

Two turnovers within the first minute.

Well, at least we got a shot off on our 4th possession.

Top Bottom