***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS ILLINOIS BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

wow Sharp, Haugh, and Luka on the floor at the same time I guess when you're down by 32...what the hell

Dakich is a dick. Cut off torico's compliment of haugh to say he has commitment issues, follows it up by calling Buggs a senior.

Just do you job man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakich is a dick. Cut off torico's compliment of haugh to say he has commitment issues, follows it up by calling Buggs a senior.

Just do you job man.

Like I said before, he hates Minnesota and doesn't really hide it.

Just do you job man.

He's a total ******.

I was unfortunate enough to be able to catch about 2/3 of the game. I've been pretty disappointed by the effort these past two games. Obviously, there is a complete lack of talent almost everywhere on the court but there isn't much hustle either. The thing I am most disappointed by though is that nobody has taken advantage of this playing time to stake a claim as being a piece of a good team going forward. Outside of Jordan Murphy, who took some atrocious shots today, I don't think we put a player on the court that should play 10 minutes a game for an upper 1/3 of the conference team.

All I ask of Illinois is that they shoot the 3 ball as well against Iowa as the did against Minnesota today. If they do that, at least something good will have come of today.

wow Sharp, Haugh, and Luka on the floor at the same time I guess when you're down by 32...what the hell

Great to see all of them score in the game. The game meant nothing. The guys gave it their best, Illinois was red hot and we had no one who could shoot the ball. Then with the limited roster we were back to the zone defense that our players are so bad at. Tough situation and glad its over. Brighter, much brighter days ahead!

I was unfortunate enough to be able to catch about 2/3 of the game. I've been pretty disappointed by the effort these past two games. Obviously, there is a complete lack of talent almost everywhere on the court but there isn't much hustle either. The thing I am most disappointed by though is that nobody has taken advantage of this playing time to stake a claim as being a piece of a good team going forward. Outside of Jordan Murphy, who took some atrocious shots today, I don't think we put a player on the court that should play 10 minutes a game for an upper 1/3 of the conference team.

All I ask of Illinois is that they shoot the 3 ball as well against Iowa as the did against Minnesota today. If they do that, at least something good will have come of today.
Oh, come on. You're disappointed? That's hilarious. There was nothing disappointing about what happened today. All of the real disappointment has already occurred.

Sad ending to a sad season, but next year will be much better.

What I don't understand is how, with D1 being elite basketball players and the B1G being a premiere conference, we have no one, literally no one, who can shoot the basketball. How in heaven does that happen? Even our walkons can't shoot. St Thomas has better shooters. How does that happen?

Great to see all of them score in the game. The game meant nothing. The guys gave it their best, Illinois was red hot and we had no one who could shoot the ball. Then with the limited roster we were back to the zone defense that our players are so bad at. Tough situation and glad its over. Brighter, much brighter days ahead!

Yes and Yes. An opportunity those three won't forget. Face it,...they helped out a lot.

Oh, come on. You're disappointed? That's hilarious. There was nothing disappointing about what happened today. All of the real disappointment has already occurred.

+19

Sad ending to a sad season, but next year will be much better.

+19.5

Go Gophers!

Yeah, I am disappointed to see guys jog back on defense. I am disappointed to see guys not fight for rebounding position or loose balls. I am disappointed to see guys not close out on shooters.

Yeah, I am disappointed to see guys jog back on defense. I am disappointed to see guys not fight for rebounding position or loose balls. I am disappointed to see guys not close out on shooters.

I think it's OK to be disappointed in all those things. I definitely got tired of guys standing flat-footed on defense and then lunging at a wide open shooter 15 feet away, which happened over and over again. They were understandably fatigued, sure, but it's hard to ignore the things you cite.

Guys played hard for the most part but just not enough talent available to compete. Illinois shot the 3 very well hopefully they do that against Iowa too. Just glad that this Gopher season is officially over and looking forward to much better results next year.

Disappointing?
I found the new 'Hoopers' commercial to be disappointing.

Disagree, moonlight. I've never seen a team representing the U more checked out than this one. (You and I go back a long way and we've lamented about a lot of bad basketball together.) There has obviously been a talent deficit all year, made worse by the dismissal of Morris and the suspension of Mason, Dorsey Jr. and McBreyer. However, the effort deficit is worse than I have ever seen. There wasn't a player on the court today outside of the two non Sharpe walk ons who looked like they wanted to be there. The last three games have been terribly painful to watch because they have looked painful to play. I will be surprised if Murphy is back next year.

The reason that Illinois was 14-25 from 3 was because almost every single one of them was uncontested. If Illinois was any good they would have been 20-25 because those were basically practice shots.

I am terribly disappointed in Pitino and the team. I don't know how to say it any other way.

Disagree, moonlight. I've never seen a team representing the U more checked out than this one. (You and I go back a long way and we've lamented about a lot of bad basketball together.) There has obviously been a talent deficit all year, made worse by the dismissal of Morris and the suspension of Mason, Dorsey Jr. and McBreyer. However, the effort deficit is worse than I have ever seen. There wasn't a player on the court today outside of the two non Sharpe walk ons who looked like they wanted to be there. The last three games have been terribly painful to watch because they have looked painful to play. I will be surprised if Murphy is back next year.

The reason that Illinois was 14-25 from 3 was because almost every single one of them was uncontested. If Illinois was any good they would have been 20-25 because those were basically practice shots.

I am terribly disappointed in Pitino and the team. I don't know how to say it any other way.
I think you are making trouble today.
Did you really want good basketball today? Did you want them on the floor scrambling for rebounds? Who in particular disappointed you? Must be Murphy & Sharp. So already Sharp has earned criticism for not playing his heart out today? And Murphy somehow didn't put his best effort forward?
I asked Sir Moonlight if he was disappointed in their effort today. He laughed as well. No. There's plenty of disappointment as far as the season is concerned but today isn't indicative of The Problem.

I think you are making trouble today.
Did you really want good basketball today? Did you want them on the floor scrambling for rebounds? Who in particular disappointed you? Must be Murphy & Sharp. So already Sharp has earned criticism for not playing his heart out today? And Murphy somehow didn't put his best effort forward?
I asked Sir Moonlight if he was disappointed in their effort today. He laughed as well. No. There's plenty of disappointment as far as the season is concerned but today isn't indicative of The Problem.

If the day ends in "y" I make trouble. :)

I always want good basketball, but didn't expect it today. I did expect good effort in the form of a few rebounds and close outs. There is always next year.

If the day ends in "y" I make trouble. :)

I always want good basketball, but didn't expect it today. I did expect good effort in the form of a few rebounds and close outs. There is always next year.
Do you feel a little better that Illinois embarrassed Iowa? :) They continued their hot three point shooting against a better opponent.

Top Bottom