***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS GOPHERS SPRING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The tone of PJ's press conference wasn't as sunshine and rainbows as usual, and I won't say it's concerning but definitely noteworthy. I think all the key portal departures and graduates have left us in a bit of a bind on defense.
I enjoy listening to PJ speak. I know some don't like his Fleckisms. When you listen to him, he'll give you a lot of genuine insight into what he's thinking and feeling about the team.

Agreed that is his words are noteworthy. Definitely spoke about the inexperience and being a coach led team and not a player led team so far.

He sounds optimistic about the talent and heard 'explosive' mentioned on offense. Just work to get them the needed experience.

Those that said he doesn't like/want a spring game I think couldn't be more wrong based on his comments. I think he highly values it and it's a huge information gathering data point.

I do think this is home for him and his family.

I enjoy listening to PJ speak. I know some don't like his Fleckisms. When you listen to him, he'll give you a lot of genuine insight into what he's thinking and feeling about the team.

Agreed that is his words are noteworthy. Definitely spoke about the inexperience and being a coach led team and not a player led team so far.

He sounds optimistic about the talent and heard 'explosive' mentioned on offense. Just work to get them the needed experience.

Those that said he doesn't like/want a spring game I think couldn't be more wrong based on his comments. I think he highly values it and it's a huge information gathering data point.

I could listen to him talk endlessly. Also liked his attempted joke at about 10:30.

This is the equivalent of the Russian generals calling all the shots versus the Ukrainian sergeants and unit commanders doing it on the battlefield and making adjustments.

His eyeballs were removed was my understanding of the procedure.
Don't fool with Mother Nature if you don't have to. If you have a medical necessity and the wherewithal to do it, by all means, do it. However, don't get addicted to plastic surgery.

1682275269194.png

Last edited:

As an alleged writer, you should know that your comment is a non-sequitur.

I'm confused. Wisconsin fan has "non-sequitur" in their vocabulary? 🤯

Honest question: have any more Badger QBs thrown any interceptions since I went to sleep last night? I was able to count Sconny picks instead of sheep and I slept AMAZING!

I'm confused. Wisconsin fan has "non-sequitur" in their vocabulary? 🤯

Honest question: have any more Badger QBs thrown any interceptions since I went to sleep last night? I was able to count Sconny picks instead of sheep and I slept AMAZING!
Where is Hornibrook when you need him?! Loved him almost as much as Ethel Mertz.

I would bet a decent amount that the Gophers will be active in the portal during the next open window. I could see them looking to add an OL, a CB and maybe a LB.

As an alleged writer, you should know that your comment is a non-sequitur.
(1) Are you arguing a non-sequitur is somehow grammatically incorrect?
(2) Why are you complaining about them in a thread where you brought up PJ's plastic surgery out of nowhere? So you're complaining that someone made a non-sequitur to your non-sequitur?
(3) You're a creepy guy.
(4) Everyone knows all of the PJ's got news last offseason. It was part of the 16.4.37 upgrade to their operating systems.

Tony Nelson 59 looks like the real deal, wow. Appears like he’s backing up 69 at left tackle but overall it would be nice if some of these young OL are ready to play, Anthony Smith looks like a Michigan or Alabama DL he’s a stud has a ways to go on technique but he’s something. Apologies to Kramer he looks like he’ll be fine. The RBs will be able to take it to the house which for all the great things Mo did we have missed. WR room looks strong 11 will be fun and overall we should be way better there. Depth at LB and CB could be an issue but 6 at LB looks like an up and comer. Our TEs are grown ass men I’d hate to run into that bunch in a dark alley. Kudos to PJ on the portal got some players.

Tony Nelson 59 looks like the real deal, wow. Appears like he’s backing up 69 at left tackle but overall it would be nice if some of these young OL are ready to play, Anthony Smith looks like a Michigan or Alabama DL he’s a stud has a ways to go on technique but he’s something. Apologies to Kramer he looks like he’ll be fine. The RBs will be able to take it to the house which for all the great things Mo did we have missed. WR room looks strong 11 will be fun and overall we should be way better there. Depth at LB and CB could be an issue but 6 at LB looks like an up and comer. Our TEs are grown ass men I’d hate to run into that bunch in a dark alley. Kudos to PJ on the portal got some players.
I thought Maverick B & Stolsky both made some nice plays in the scrimmage as young ILB. Not a lot of D stand-outs overall, though. The safety group didn't make much noise. Was hoping a young S would show out. I really like our OL depth. I think we've got some good young ones in the pipeline and Nelson looks to already be in the 2-deeps, which is very impressive.

I thought Maverick B & Stolsky both made some nice plays in the scrimmage as young ILB. Not a lot of D stand-outs overall, though. The safety group didn't make much noise. Was hoping a young S would show out. I really like our OL depth. I think we've got some good young ones in the pipeline and Nelson looks to already be in the 2-deeps, which is very impressive.
Nelson is looking like he could be another prime example of why high school ratings for offensive lineman are fairly worthless. O-line is one spot where you really need a coaching staff with an eye for what they are looking for. Mason's staff was really good at that. Fleck's has been pretty solid on that front as well.

Doesn't matter much how they look in high school when in most cases they are going against players significantly smaller and weaker than they are. It is all about what that player is going to look like 3 years down the line when they have had time to develop.

(1) Are you arguing a non-sequitur is somehow grammatically incorrect?
(2) Why are you complaining about them in a thread where you brought up PJ's plastic surgery out of nowhere? So you're complaining that someone made a non-sequitur to your non-sequitur?
(3) You're a creepy guy.
(4) Everyone knows all of the PJ's got news last offseason. It was part of the 16.4.37 upgrade to their operating systems.
There has to be multiple versions of Heather as well, as I don't think I have ever seen any of his versions live without Heather in the vicinity.

Top Bottom