***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS GOPHERS SPRING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
It’s Gopher football game day!!!!!! Oh how I’ve missed thee, even us vs us has me fired up!

Offense looks good, ugh the D looks bad. D gets a sack, ugh o line broke down.

But that’s ok!! Have fun, STAY HEALTHY, and let’s do this!

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m liking today’s BTN schedule:
10:00 Gophers vs Orange 2022 Pinstripe Bowl
11:00 Gophers Spring Game
1:00 Nebraska Spring Game
3:00 Wisconsin Spring Game
And the Hawkeyes get stiffed - No TV!

I think Geers is going to have a great day at TE today, calling it now

Gold jerseys make an appearance after an extended absence...full 🍌 in the near future?

So differences from previous years that I've determined so far:
  • Teams were determined by coaches, not a mock draft
  • Each team has a "flag" they can use. Maroon team's is "+20 yards" gold team is "Loss of downs"

Athan seems a little out of his groove to me

CRAB doesn't like being called "uncle" by the younger players in the locker room. lol.

Hope this is more a testament to the offensive skill players....because the defenses are getting carved up. That move by Zach Evans!

Hope this is more a testament to the offensive skill players....because the defenses are getting carved up. That move by Zach Evans!
The object is to not injure the offense. This is like the Pro Bowl used to be

Athan seems a little out of his groove to me
I agree...he had the one drive where he looked comfortable but man, lots pf ugly actions.
The 2nd qtr interception was ridiculously poor...the decision, the execution of the throw 10 yards short.
Everybody looks...HEY! We can be really good! and then oh my gosh, we won't win a game bad on the next play.
Camera angles leave a lot to be desired. Maybe that is a factor.

The object is to not injure the offense. This is like the Pro Bowl used to be

You don't want anyone hurt. Just pointing out that the spring game last year had 20 points prior to "overtime". We have 35 today AT HALF.

Coyle just said that “Academically we’re the highest rated public school in the country.”

What is he referring to? Most ratings I’ve seen have Minnesota 25 to 50, which includes private schools. Almost always Michigan, Cal, UCLA, and Wisconsin are ahead if us in the rankings I’ve looked at.

Coyle just said that “Academically we’re the highest rated public school in the country.”

What is he referring to? Most ratings I’ve seen have Minnesota 25 to 50, which includes private schools. Almost always Michigan, Cal, UCLA, and Wisconsin are ahead if us in the rankings I’ve looked at.

I noticed that too. Maybe just the athletes?

Top Bottom