***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS AUBURN OUTBACK BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I didn't expect a win, but thought there was a chance for one reason, if you've clearly got a better QB, you've got a shot. That hasn't happened often (if at all) until now.

I didn't expect a win, but thought there was a chance for one reason, if you've clearly got a better QB, you've got a shot. That hasn't happened often (if at all) until now.
Undefeated against Alabama's finest.
Yeah, our last two games against their bluebloods Alabama and Auburn in bowl games we are victorious!!!

Kudos to the play calling today on offense. The use of different screens at times did the trick.

I mean... do we really need to watch Rose Bowl warm-ups? Show me the Gophers!

All day on BTN and ESPN it's been nothing but Shitsconsin. I WANT GOPHERS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful game plan and execution by our Gopher players. Better prepared team won today. Gus Malhazan was outcoached.
We left them confused. On a couple of our offensive sets, those Good ‘ol boys didn’t know what to check their ass or scratch their watch!

The Auburn fans were first class as were the Gopher fans at the game. A very enjoyable game on a beautiful day.

It was a very comfortable stadium and we stood often but our fans were amazing and loud !

ESPN 3rd string team
I know the angry, over the top opinion is what is most common on here, but as someone who watches way too much spots on TV, I'm going to speak up one last time for Benetti. Yes, I'm biased as he especially shines doing my favorite sport, baseball, but he is solid in all sports. I'm not the SJW type so I don't give extra credit for his disability (cerebral palsy after premature birth), but I suspect him never being a jock makes him more relatable as a fan of sports. He never played football, so everything he's learned is because he loves watching the competition. His style works for me. I'm the biggest critic of almost all tv play by play and color commentators and I'm not the bleeding heart type, but I always love it when Benetti is doing the game. He's not perfect, but an honest effort without acting holier than thou works for me. I realize it's opinion and haters on here will hate, but Jason Benetti has a fan here.

From wiki, I found out he (like me) was in the high school band: "Benetti was born 10 weeks prematurely and hospitalized for three months. During the three months in the hospital, Benetti had a respiratory illness while in intensive care that deprived his blood of oxygen. It is believed that caused his cerebral palsy, which was diagnosed when Benetti was a toddler. He underwent years of physical therapy and two surgeries to improve his ability to walk.[2]
In junior high, Benetti ran his school's NCAA tournament pool, and in high school he joined the radio broadcasters.[3]
Benetti's cerebral palsy prevented him from playing tuba during marching band season. Not wanting to exclude him, the band director asked him to serve as the halftime broadcaster for their marching events.[4]"

OK one last thing. Dare you to watch this news clip about Jason Benetti without tearing up just a little. Maybe you think he sucks at his job, but are there really that many that suck less than him? Not in my book.

I know the angry, over the top opinion is what is most common on here, but as someone who watches way too much spots on TV, I'm going to speak up one last time for Benetti. Yes, I'm biased as he especially shines doing my favorite sport, baseball, but he is solid in all sports. I'm not the SJW type so I don't give extra credit for his disability (cerebral palsy after premature birth), but I suspect him never being a jock makes him more relatable as a fan of sports. He never played football, so everything he's learned is because he loves watching the competition. His style works for me. I'm the biggest critic of almost all tv play by play and color commentators and I'm not the bleeding heart type, but I always love it when Benetti is doing the game. He's not perfect, but an honest effort without acting holier than thou works for me. I realize it's opinion and haters on here will hate, but Jason Benetti has a fan here.

From wiki, I found out he (like me) was in the high school band: "Benetti was born 10 weeks prematurely and hospitalized for three months. During the three months in the hospital, Benetti had a respiratory illness while in intensive care that deprived his blood of oxygen. It is believed that caused his cerebral palsy, which was diagnosed when Benetti was a toddler. He underwent years of physical therapy and two surgeries to improve his ability to walk.[2]
In junior high, Benetti ran his school's NCAA tournament pool, and in high school he joined the radio broadcasters.[3]
Benetti's cerebral palsy prevented him from playing tuba during marching band season. Not wanting to exclude him, the band director asked him to serve as the halftime broadcaster for their marching events.[4]"

OK one last thing. Dare you to watch this news clip about Jason Benetti without tearing up just a little. Maybe you think he sucks at his job, but are there really that many that suck less than him? Not in my book.
Thanks for that really nice info. Like you, I enjoy him doing games. Now I like him even more.

The Auburn fans were first class as were the Gopher fans at the game. A very enjoyable game on a beautiful day.
I watched three post-game Auburn interviews. In all three, including Malzahn, they were very gracious and repeatedly said that we just played better and were the better team today. First class responses.

Thanks for the info- heartwarming story about a good, really smart dude overcoming physical disabilities. Look forward to hearing him call a game again- hopefully with a different color analyst!

Top Bottom