***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS AUBURN OUTBACK BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
For only the second time in the many years I've been starting the in-game thread, we have a J1 football game!!!!!! The chance to play a national program like Auburn is huge. Winning this game validates us as a top 10-12 team. A loss and we're now looking at a season where we lost 3 of last 4. This is a biggie!

It won't be easy and we're underdogs for a reason, but we can and will prevail!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be watching the game live from an airplane unfortunately (at least I get to watch live!). Hoping for an exciting game! Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah! RTB!

Auburn fan here. Just want to say that it should be a damn good one, and PJ has y'all heading in the right direction. Disregard the other guy that got banned.

Game will come down to the trenches on both sides.

To the person who said they'll fight at waffle house.. we celebrate there. Any disagreements are settled at Sonic.

Gopher passing game will have to carry a big load. I'm betting Malzahn will lean heavily on Whitlow in the run game. It will be telling to see whether Auburn shows up focused and if that "okay" (nod to Geico) offensive line can win the SEC v B1G battle of wide bodies. I am certain Fleck will have his guys sky high, should be better than most of what ESPN has had to offer on the bowl menu thus far.
War Eagle and good luck ya'll....

Gopher passing game will have to carry a big load. I'm betting Malzahn will lean heavily on Whitlow in the run game. It will be telling to see whether Auburn shows up focused and if that "okay" (nod to Geico) offensive line can win the SEC v B1G battle of wide bodies. I am certain Fleck will have his guys sky high, should be better than most of what ESPN has had to offer on the bowl menu thus far.
War Eagle and good luck ya'll....

IALTO

To the person who said they'll fight at waffle house.. we celebrate there. Any disagreements are settled at Sonic.

Fine by me, chief. Sonic it is. See you at the one directly south of RJS after the game.

In all seriousness though, does anyone know the status of Annexstad?

Last edited:

Was listening to a couple of Auburn fans last night feeling very confident that they will roll over us as we play no-one of any note.

Really looking forwards to the game; will be a good measure of how far we (and the depth of quality in the Big Ten in general) have developed.

SkiUMah

Football Gods......awake! Shine down on the Gophers. We will need their help in this one.

I'm excited to head over to RJS pretty soon! Can't wait to see how full the stadium is and how many are Gopher fans. If my time around town the past 24 hours is any indication, MN fans are going to outnumber Auburn by a wide margin.

SUM, RTB, GG!

Really tough matchups for the B10 today: Auburn, Alabama and Oregon. I think Ohio State could defeat any of those teams--though narrowly. Uphill battles for Gophers, Michigan and Wisconsin.

But anything is possible.

The parade last night was pretty even in numbers of fans.

I live well outside of Minnesota and don't have the money to go to the game, so I'm debating whether to go to an Outback Steakhouse to watch the game.

Let's go, Gophers. Cap off this great season with a win against one of the big boys.

I live well outside of Minnesota and don't have the money to go to the game, so I'm debating whether to go to an Outback Steakhouse to watch the game.

Go there, kick in the doors and yell "ROW THE DAMN BOAT!!! and by the way, if I'm not intruding, may I please have an order of coconut shrimp? If you're not too busy."

On offense ... we have to run the ball. Or else, Bateman, TJ, and Morgan have to be supermen. Not out of the question. But it would be a lot easier, if we could establish the run!

It's been a serious problem in for us in bowl games under Malzahn. The way we showed against UCF in the CFA Bowl will still be in most of our guys minds, so I don't see it as a problem. I guess you read that as a built in excuse...? If emotion plays any part in this game, that new number 7 on our helmets today could be an issue, lol.

Wait and go for your free shrimp after the Gophers win.

It's been a serious problem in for us in bowl games under Malzahn. The way we showed against UCF in the CFA Bowl will still be in most of our guys minds, so I don't see it as a problem. I guess you read that as a built in excuse...? If emotion plays any part in this game, that new number 7 on our helmets today could be an issue, lol.

Yes. Pre-emptive this year, which is nice. Our excuse is our OC left so we’re likely to underperform.

:clap:

Watching some pregame here at home and see nothing as of yet on the Gophers, all wisconsin and michigan WTH!?

I doubt there was ever any chance that Faalele was going to play today. Fleck gonna Fleck

Top Bottom