***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Air Force (GAME THREAD)

Well I will say the D is playing decent against the triple option, especially when that fumble occurred deep in out territory.

As usual, Weber is garbage.

Brewster is just about the biggest moron in the universe when it comes to using the coach's challenge. WTF??? Worst challenge ever.

Extremely unimaginative offensive scheme. They should be blowing AF off the ball and instead look like they are playing USC.

Nope, but they are a good deal to do with Weber's accuracy. He has hit a couple of guys in the hands, but he's also been God-awful on two-three times that number of throws.

Why didn't Brewster call timeouts after stopping AF on 2nd and forever...make them play third down, then make them punt and see if Bryant can take it back? What would be the harm?

Held them to 3 pts (following a fumble deep). The D has played superior against this squad. We need some offense. So far the "Huge improvement between week one and week two." is not much of a prognostication, coach.

Brewster's use of challenges and timesout show that he is a work in progress. Not unexpected for someone who's never even been a coordinator. If he can continue to bring in better talent he'll get it eventually. I just wish he'd get it this week. LOL

Good job and effort by the D. Piss poor job and effort by the O.

Held them to 3 pts (following a fumble deep). The D has played superior against this squad. We need some offense. So far the "Huge improvement between week one and week two." is not much of a prognostication, coach.

I agree! If you had told me that we would hold them to 3 points in the first half I would have been tickled gold!!!! We must find some offense. My concerns about Weber continue to grow.....

Brewster's use of challenges and timesout show that he is a work in progress. Not unexpected for someone who's never even been a coordinator. If he can continue to bring in better talent he'll get it eventually. I just wish he'd get it this week. LOL

Huh? Maybe if this was his first year as a coach, but it isn't. Its just plain embarrassing.

I have to say that I do like this offense better than the spread we were running last season. The problem really seems to be Weber and the running game. Weber throwing accuracy is horrendous. As for our running game, we need bigger running backs. Something along the line of Clay from Wis. If we get those two pieces, we have a great offense. IMO.

I agree...Weber seems to have regressed pretty badly. Why don't they see if Grey can pass? Just give him a couple of series instead of spontaneous appearances? Unless his throwing looks that much worse than Weber's in practice? (If so.....yikes).

On the other hand, our defense is surprisingly more disciplined than I had imagined....I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop though. :{

If we just could establish some rhythm on Offense we could have a comfortable lead right now.......

I wish that our offense could execute anywhere near what AF does.....amazing. Their coach must really be something.

Our D is leaving it all out on the field. Hopefully the offense can get inspired by their effort.

Now, quick, someone tell Weber it's the 4th quarter and we're down 3pts.

These holding penalties are killing us. These penalties are a sign of a poorly disciplined team. That falls on the HC.

This offense sucks. We can't get out of our own way..... No way we win a big ten game this year if this is our offense.

What offense are we running? Against Syracuse and Air Force we look totally disorganized and ineffective. How will we look against a Big Ten defense?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP TAKING THESE HORRIBLE PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and some fricking pass protection would be nice as well as not throwing a pass into the teeth of the Defense. What a waste of momentum!!

I agree. If we do not start finding a way to score points, we are going to get lambasted in the Big 10. There really is no reason we can't score points. We have the talent. The problem is, all the G-D penalties put us in third and long situations, which we can not continue to convert.

Here's an upshot: we can't do any worse this year than Brewster's first year!

Top Bottom