***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin BATTLE FOR PAUL BUNYAN'S AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

College overtime always favors the team with the better kicker

This game as evidence

Who’s his position coach. Look there before you put it all at Morgan’s feet.
Mike Sanford, so then it’s on the head coaches fault cause he brought that jackass in. Maybe he runs him out after this year but I doubt it. Look at how bad the specials teams have been and that guy got a raise this season.

Yeah I don’t get why they can’t win trophy games. Even if they were close to .500 in those games I’d be more interested but they’re never gonna get there it seems like. At this point maybe you start going for a Les Miles or Bielema to see if they can get it done.
Les Miles? The Les Miles at Kansas who is 0-9 and about to be fired? 🤣

I hope all those who were overjoyed that we could play Wisconsin in Madison, rather than a crossover game we probably would have won, are happy. 23 losses in last 26 Badger games. Barry Alvarez got what he wanted. Morgan had a bad day and a bad season. Big drop-off from last year.
I am happy, the rivalry means more to me than an extra win over an easy team.

I hope all those who were overjoyed that we could play Wisconsin in Madison, rather than a crossover game we probably would have won, are happy. 23 losses in last 26 Badger games. Barry Alvarez got what he wanted. Morgan had a bad day and a bad season. Big drop-off from last year.
Playing Wisconsin was the absolute correct thing to do regardless of outcome. The rivalry supersedes any desire for a win against some BIG team from the East.

That decision can’t be understood. So dumb.
Disagree.
2nd and 23. They have two timeouts. We just got sacked and fumbled. Don’t want to punt.

I’m glad they went for it, but once you’re behind the chains I don’t think it’s wrong to do that. Especially with the passing game struggling so much.

Tough year. We did play better as the year went on. Sucks to lose today.

Very poor offensive execution, dropped balls, costly penalties. Definitely a game we could've won. This was a very average Wisconsin team.

I feel the same way. A lot of people around here look at Wisconsin like Ahab looked at the White Whale. They are so obsessed by Wisconsin that they will eschew any other competitor if they feel they have even some chance of beating Wisconsin. They got their wish and once again Moby Dick prevailed.

So u enjoy 3-23?....not much of a rivalry
I enjoy 3-23 more than 0-0
If you want to follow a team with games that don’t mean anything...either go find one or admit to yourself that the games done mean anything to you

Two things about that game just have me a little dejected.

A) It bugs me that PJ leaves points on the board in every. single. game.

Like yes, you took a shot, it didn't work out, you almost lost the ball, but it's still better to run your offense, and try to get in field goal position, then it is go to overtime and play a 50/50 game. The numbers are in your favor if you try to run another play, so run it. The odds of getting points on the board are still higher than the odds of turning the ball over on a bad int. Possessions are points and PJ flushed two of them down the drain today. It's hard to win when you're not trying to score.

B) WHY IS THERE A DESIGNED PLAY IN THE U OF M PLAYBOOK THAT THROWS BLIND, LATE, AND OVER THE MIDDLE?!? MORGAN NEARLY GIFTED UW A INT IN OT.

It ended up not mattering but jfc that's bad play design. Who the hell calls that play ever? Even worse, in OT? Our offensive coordinators are just awful at times. Like I don't get it. That is never a good idea, ever.

Disagree.
2nd and 23. They have two timeouts. We just got sacked and fumbled. Don’t want to punt.

I’m glad they went for it, but once you’re behind the chains I don’t think it’s wrong to do that. Especially with the passing game struggling so much.
I disagree. Just converted 1st and 20 2 plays earlier. I think you have to play for the win. If it results in a punt, it would still be unlikely W scores with a QB who can’t throw deep very well.

I disagree. Just converted 1st and 20 2 plays earlier. I think you have to play for the win. If it results in a punt, it would still be unlikely W scores with a QB who can’t throw deep very well.
Agree to disagree

I think taking the prudent option at that point was playing to win

Since beating Wisconsin 2 years ago, this staffs 4 worst games have come against Iowa and Wisconsin. What an absolute disgrace of a performance today. Rossi's defense gives up a bunch of huge plays to a WR that might be a little person and a running back that might not break 5.0 in the 40 while Wisconsin's on their 3rd QB for part of the game.

We are at our own 47 with two timeouts and 56 seconds on the clock. This game should be won in regulation 9 times out of 10 from that point on. Tanner takes an absolutely horrible sack and then PJ decides to just run the clock out? I've heard of conservative, but jesus that takes it to a whole new level.

This is what we've seen from PJ for his entire tenure in these rivalry games. I don't know if he's scared or what, but he freezes in these games and plays not to make a mistake. Go back to the drive we settled for the FG and it appeared that we came out of a timeout with a one read only wheel route to Cam Wiley on that key 3rd down. Look at overtime where we run/run/pass as we did all day. At some point you have to play to actually win these games. If you don't beat this version of Wisconsin, when the F do you expect to beat them?

Absoutely terrible from Tanner Morgan today too. He doesn't make that terrible throw to Geary and/or hits Witham in OT and/or doesn't lose his composure twice on the last drive of regulation (the first drew a hold on Blaise, the second was a sack/fumble) and we win this game despite the putrid coaching.

Just a ridiculous, ridiculous loss for a program that BADLY needed to win this game to regain some momentum.

So u enjoy 3-23?....not much of a rivalry
The rivalry means more, period. Sure, it's been lopsided the past 26 years, but I don't care. I question any fan who would rather play and east team for the chance at 4-3 than play wisconsin in the oldest fbs rivalry and keep the longest consecutive streak going.

Les Miles? The Les Miles at Kansas who is 0-9 and about to be fired? 🤣
Ready for your all your wisdom to fix their problem then. Fleck will end up being a middling coach like all the others. Unless they hire Barry Alvarez they just need to keep perpetually trying everyone.

It's hard to put it all on the QB, but it certainly feels like he regressed, NFL weapons or not. Bad pick in the red zone, and underthrow ball in OT.

Lack of weapons at the receiver position is pretty concerning though.

CAB goes down. That's an obvious blow. But when you have four reciever sets with Green, Geary, and Brown-Stephens all on the field....guess what.....those guys aren't going to put much fear in anyone. They aren't going to be creating a ton of separation on their routes. Do we have any other playmakers?

I like Jackson, feels like he's got a solid future in front of him.

Frustrating loss though. Really frustrating.

Food for thought. Referee's completely fucked up the runoff. Since Wisconsin had the injury, it should have been our choice for the run off. Clock also should have stopped earlier for the injury. Do we think PJ goes full turtle if we have 34 seconds and 2 timeouts, rather than 13 seconds?

Ten-Second Runoff. If the player injury is the only reason for stopping the clock (other than his or a teammate’s helmet coming off, Rule 3-3-9) with less than one minute in the half, the opponent has the option of a 10-second runoff.

Food for thought. Referee's completely fucked up the runoff. Since Wisconsin had the injury, it should have been our choice for the run off. Clock also should have stopped earlier for the injury. Do we think PJ goes full turtle if we have 34 seconds and 2 timeouts, rather than 13 seconds?

Ten-Second Runoff. If the player injury is the only reason for stopping the clock (other than his or a teammate’s helmet coming off, Rule 3-3-9) with less than one minute in the half, the opponent has the option of a 10-second runoff.

PJ elected to take it because he's a p***y-a**-b****, pardon my french.

Yeah I don’t get why they can’t win trophy games. Even if they were close to .500 in those games I’d be more interested but they’re never gonna get there it seems like. At this point maybe you start going for a Les Miles or Bielema to see if they can get it done.
If anything, i like Fleck even more after today. His guys fought their guts out and the defense improved from the 1st game until now.

CRAB being the kickoff returner is what really pisses me off

Ready for your all your wisdom to fix their problem then. Fleck will end up being a middling coach like all the others. Unless they hire Barry Alvarez they just need to keep perpetually trying everyone.
You probably had no idea Les Miles was at Kansas, did you?

The problem isn't Morgan. It's the offensive coordinator. They are putting him in just absolutely awful situations with poor play design / play calling.

Everyone and their sister knew that Minnesota was going to take a shot on 2nd down. So you leave him in the pocket against the most obvious blitz situation ever? No, you call a bootleg, or a screen. You figured that out last week. What the hell happened? Did you forget what to do?

Why is Morgan throwing across his body late on designed plays? Who does that? Do you think you're being tricky? It's f***ing stupid. I don't get it.

Top Bottom