***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin BATTLE FOR PAUL BUNYAN'S AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I didn't care nearly as much as I normally would have about losing close to Wisconsin. This whole season just felt like a bunch of spring games to me.

How many first down runs were there today? It was like pounding your head against a wall and then wondering why you have a headache.
MN ran it on first down 21 times. threw on first down 7 times, but 4 were on the final drive prior to OT

I can’t believe how much Morgan has regressed this year. The number of battled balls and just mechanical like motions. There is no way the defense player should have a play on that pass but it’s 5 yards under thrown and here we are.
Agreed. I hope PJ sees that, no way a QB who had as good as a season last year regresses this much if they system is suppose to stay the same.

How quickly does Mo declare for the NFL? Hope you enjoyed his 3 years here because that’s probably his last game in a gopher uni!

Wisconsin was severely depleted on offense and our defense played somewhat well. So many chances to break the game open and our offense couldn’t make it happen. Tough loss.

1-16 in the last 17. 3-23 in the last 26. Pathetic. No other word for it.
Yeah I don’t get why they can’t win trophy games. Even if they were close to .500 in those games I’d be more interested but they’re never gonna get there it seems like. At this point maybe you start going for a Les Miles or Bielema to see if they can get it done.

Hard fought game, but I think moving forward for next year we're closer to last year's record than this year's.

We improved from the beginning of the season and have a great class coming in.

Let's go bowling, if offered, and get more reps in and keep improving.

Weird year and we're not at the point where we'll be good every year - YET!!!

no way a QB who had as good as a season last year regresses this much if they system is suppose to stay the same.
Last year that QB was heaving up the same mediocre throws... the difference being that last season he had NFL-caliber wide recievers going up and making spectacular catches for him. He hasn't been able to count on that this season.

I hope all those who were overjoyed that we could play Wisconsin in Madison, rather than a crossover game we probably would have won, are happy. 23 losses in last 26 Badger games. Barry Alvarez got what he wanted. Morgan had a bad day and a bad season. Big drop-off from last year.

I can’t believe how much Morgan has regressed this year. The number of battled balls and just mechanical like motions. There is no way the defense player should have a play on that pass but it’s 5 yards under thrown and here we are.
Who’s his position coach. Look there before you put it all at Morgan’s feet.

Mo was so close to breaking it so many times. Just wasn't meant for the Gophers to prevail. To bad Morgan couldn't make that throw to Witham. We need better QB play next year.

Kicking crushed us all year. Michigan we had no special teams. Maryland we missed an OT extra point. And then today.

Just terrible all around.

Awesome game, give me a hard hitting rivalry low scoring game with stingy D rather than no D and a total point total over 85+ any day of the week; that's Chinese food - you'll be hungry for something real soon after watching that garbage
Yes, the team has started to figure things out. Were playing like the team we want to see every game. Merry Christmas to you and all posters.

How quickly does Mo declare for the NFL? Hope you enjoyed his 3 years here because that’s probably his last game in a gopher uni!
I don't think so... He might explore the option, but I bet he's told that if he comes back and continues his great play he'll be in a much better draft position.

Top Bottom