***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin BATTLE FOR PAUL BUNYAN'S AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Whew, the longest running rivalry in college football survives COVID! The Axe once again is up for grabs, as are bragging rights between two programs, two fan bases and two rivals who don't like each other much. The last time the Gophers ventured into The Camp, we dominated. Here's to a fast start tomorrow, punish their inept offense and allow the Big Ten's best RB to do his thing.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.
I hope the shitty Mertz shows up...the one we've seen the last few weeks. Not the one from week 1.
I hope we have d backs drop in coverage
When Illinois decided not to do that, it went poorly

3pm is such a beautiful kickoff time. December is such a beautiful football month. Maroon is such a beautiful color. PJ is such a beautiful man.

wisconsin is such an ugly state. Camp Randall is such an ugly stadium. Red is such an ugly color. Badgers are such ugly animals.

3pm is such a beautiful kickoff time. December is such a beautiful football month. Maroon is such a beautiful color. PJ is such a beautiful man.

wisconsin is such an ugly state. Camp Randall is such an ugly stadium. Red is such an ugly color. Badgers are such ugly animals.
and they stink too

Get em boys. This is your superbowl. Leave it all out there.

Gophers lead 24 - 17, and run 21 straight times in the 2nd half without scoring and loses 28-24.

Gophers lead 24 - 17, and run 21 straight times in the 2nd half without scoring and loses 28-24.
Sadly, it could happen. Let's just dominate the first three quarters so emphatically that the fourth quarter doesn't even matter in a Gopher beat down of Wisconsin!

I want to get up for this game and hope for the slightest chance to win, but I just don’t see it.

1. Wisconsin has won 15 of the last 16 meetings
2. Everyone is forgetting we are going to be down a significant amount of players and get very few back due to COVID or injury
3. Wisconsin is a double digit two score favorite
4. Wisconsin is playing at home
5. This year Wisconsin has looked better by far. They have a much better defense than us and their offense has excelled against bad teams. I know people want to bring up Wisconsin’s three losses, but they all had great defenses. Minnesota is closer to Illinois than those three in terms of defense and Wisconsin killed them. Not to mention Wisconsin beat Michigan and we got floored by them.

The past, present, and (with Wisconsin out recruiting us again this year and our prized big CB will probably not come here) future looks much sunnier for the Badgers.

Real fan hood will be tested tomorrow. Will you watch the Axe game all the way through? or watch the ACC championship game and tune into BTN when you see the Gophers might actually win?

Real fan hood will be tested tomorrow. Will you watch the Axe game all the way through? or watch the ACC championship game and tune into BTN when you see the Gophers might actually win?

Go with the latter, if it even happens, but I am feeling a blow out, so you can watch the ACC game all the way through.

What other game is there?

Let’s hear thoughts on how people think our OC will do vs this D. I think he’ll get dominated.

I want to get up for this game and hope for the slightest chance to win, but I just don’t see it.

2. Everyone is forgetting we are going to be down a significant amount of players and get very few back due to COVID or injury
5. This year Wisconsin has looked better by far. They have a much better defense than us and their offense has excelled against bad teams. I know people want to bring up Wisconsin’s three losses, but they all had great defenses. Minnesota is closer to Illinois than those three in terms of defense and Wisconsin killed them. Not to mention Wisconsin beat Michigan and we got floored by them.

The past, present, and (with Wisconsin out recruiting us again this year and our prized big CB will probably not come here) future looks much sunnier for the Badgers.
Dang, dude. Let me try to inject a little sunshine into your day.
  1. Those don't mean anything today.
  2. We have no idea how many guys will be missing. Anyone who tested positive by like Wed after PU game should've practiced a couple times this week and be cleared today.
  3. Nebraska was a double-digit favorite last week.
  4. No fans. Nebraska was also at home last week.
  5. Their D is for sure legit, but their O looked like garbage the past 3 weeks. Minnesota's defense held NU to 300 yards last week after they'd put up 340 on Iowa and 400 on Illinois (over 600 last night). Maybe MN D is improving? I wouldn't be surprised if they held this Wisconsin O under 300 yards.
Watch the game, have a drink, try to enjoy. I can almost guarantee you it's close and interesting.

1) games from 5+ years ago literally have zero bearing even psychologically on these players.
2)that’s simply not that true...anyone who was out in Purdue game is back today
3) yup
4) no crowd and MN won last time they played in Madison
5) if you think Wisconsin has looked much better you haven’t watched them. Wisconsin has looked mediocre on offense outside of Illinois not covering their wideouts. Against Michigan, Michigan had the same issue that Minnesota had against Michigan...bad run fits. Both times wisconsin looked good it was 100% because the defense was schematically unsound. If Minnesota is schematically unsound today, Wisconsin will kill them

TODAY the Gophers battle for the axe. I don’t care about the last 16 games. I care about today. The boys will be fired up, this we all know. The coaches are ready. We are underdogs but so was team USA vs the Soviets, Rocky vs Apollo Creed and me when trying to get my wife to date me—and the underdogs prevailed in those.

Do I expect a win? I don’t know. But I expect to be entertained, to cheer, to care and to see if we can end the 2020 season on a positive note.

Do you? Just about every single post you make is about how bad the team is, how bad the Gophers will get blown out, or justifying why PJ should be fired this year. So again, do you actually want to get up for this game? Your track record suggests you don’t.

Could the Gophers win? of course, they could win.

Are they favored to win? according to the gamblers, No. Wisc 12.5 pt favorites.

Will they win? I think that all depends on whether the Gophers can establish a running game. If the Gophers can manage a consistent 3-4 yards a carry at least, they can stay in the game. But, if the Gophers are looking at 2nd-and-9 or 3rd-and-8 all game long, I just don't see them winning. With no Bateman, I just don't like the odds if Morgan has to throw the ball 35 or 40 times.

The Gophers' OL is a run-block 1st outfit. If they can't run-block successfully against the WI defense, I really question how well they will hold up in pass protection, especially if Morgan is dropping back 35 or 40 times.

Being a fan doesn't mean turning your brain off. I want the Gophers to win every game. But matchups dictate games, and I suspect the Gopher O vs the Wisconsin D is not a good matchup for the Gophers.

Assuming the Gophers will not shut out Wisconsin, the Gophers are going to need to sustain drives and score points. for that to happen, the running game has to be effective. that is the key to the game.

Very glad the longest running rivalry wasn't defeated by this absurdity. Tradition...and streaks...are cool things.

Today is hard. Was hoping for a noon game but due to obligations i won't be able to watch the later start. Hoping this sacrifice means you all get to watch the Gophers blow them out. ;)🙏

Just go away.

Top Bottom