***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT VIRGINIA TECH BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Looks like we're back to the offense of 4 guys outside the arc, one guy inside. That would be ok if we had shooters. Hard to get offensive rebounds (and there are plenty) when standing 20 feet away from basket.

Does Jamison Battle even want to play? And does Ben want him to get a single shot today?
Watch the game. Battle shoots from anywhere. The problem is he can't score if you lock him in thr gym alone.

Other than Payne this freshmen class hasn’t been impressive at all.

I wasn't expecting even an NCAA tournament team but I'm very disappointed in this team. I certainly expected a better team than last year but I don't think they'd be at them more than three out of every ten times. They are below average in every aspect of the game. At this point they're not even entertaining. It reminds me of the humphries team or the year when hargrow and Boone joined what had been a plucky NCAA tournament team.

5 second call out of a timeout, can't make that up

Now we can't even get the ball in. This is hard to watch.

I've never seen a team come out of their shoes the amount the gophers do. I think Johnson needs to make sure they all tie their laces before going on the floor.

Garcia stood there and watched that missed shot and made zero attempt to grab the rebound.

How can our FT shooting be so bad? Just horrible fundamentals? Second worst team in the country.

My gosh. That’s enough for tonight. I cannot believe how much standing around they do on offense.

Knee jerk reaction is If we win 10 games this year I would be shocked.

0-5 on free throws?

team could be ranked over 200 by the end of december

I wasn't expecting even an NCAA tournament team but I'm very disappointed in this team. I certainly expected a better team than last year but I don't think they'd be at them more than three out of every ten times. They are below average in every aspect of the game. At this point they're not even entertaining. It reminds me of the humphries team or the year when hargrow and Boone joined what had been a plucky NCAA tournament team.

You mean the same teams Ben Johnson played on?

Still not enough time to fully judge an entire coaching tenure.

But boy is Johnson worthless as a game coach so far.

Top Bottom