***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT VIRGINIA TECH BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I have to ask do you think gopher football special teams contributed to their success this season?

Ah....no! But, they sure helped Iowa and some other teams. Ours are pretty much treated as a necessary evil.

Still no clue how to get ball into the post. Clearly our best option, and no ability to execute. Stop with the high ball screen weave action and drop the big to the block for a post entry. No one can effectively penetrate from wing except JOJ but obviously we can’t play him more than 5 min per half. Hands are tied.

Brick by brick. We have no strategy to get Battle open ap
parently.
[/QUOTE

Is it me or is Battle ( our all american ) being sent to the left corner to stand around on offense like Loewe did most of last season ?

Ah....no! But, they sure helped Iowa and some other teams. Ours are pretty much treated as a necessary evil.
That makes me feel better. I was worried for a second cause gopher specials team was a disaster again this year. Outside of Matthew Tricket who only missed 3 field goals, but man were they big misses.

Last season Battle had lots of good looks and was able to drive. Not sure why he is on left wing versus right where he was effective last year. BJ needs to set the offense around him and let Garcia get the scraps. Get Cooper chances to penetrate and usually something good happens. Too bad he is so bad on D. Not sure what to say about others than to keep PP and OJ out there

Henley with a great steal then tries to go coast to coast for no reason and pfft. Why?

They need to have an assistant tie everyone's shoes. I've never seen this many shoe issues in one season. And we're only in the seventh game.

5 minutes into 2nd half...
VT 3 turnovers
Minn shooting 3-11

Top Bottom