***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE RARE MID-WEEK AFTERNOON IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
3-11 Minnesota at 5-9 Penn State, a venue that often attracts few fans to begin with will likely mirror the atmosphere of last year when no fans were at most venues. This is the type of game that the team that creates the most energy and intensity on their own will have an advantage. This is not a game Ben Johnson likely had fan noise piped in from the speakers in practice this week.

First half against Ohio State was great. Second half was a disaster. It's hard to know what Gopher team will come out, but we need to put two halves of ball together. This is a game we can win.

Luke Loewe has been our leader the last few games at least from an effort standpoint. Let's hope others elevate their intensity as well.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m glad I checked GH. I had no idea there was a game today! Great thread title (and info), Stan.

Winnable game, be interesting to see how much gas we have in the tank and if we adjust minutes to keep guys fresh for Saturday. Guessing they felt like they let one get away at the Barn and will be fired up for this one

We will win this. We are fired up after getting beat bad. Let's throw 9 bodies at them, get everyone good minutes and give our four starters some breathers. Let's go!
If Penn State makes the same error as last time and fails to pressure our guards we might just win.

Glad PSU beat Michigan State. They were overdue for a win. Now they can relax. Don't let the crowd of dozens rattle you!

I'll watch only if the Gophers keep the game within 5 points. PSU 74 MN 53

I'll watch only if the Gophers keep the game within 5 points. PSU 74 MN 53
Wanna bet $10? I’ll take Minnesota +15.5 and since you think it’ll be a 21 point game that’s great for you.

outside of the hard-core fans on GH, I wonder how many people are actually aware that the Gophers are playing a game today?

I'd bet that if you did a "man on the street" poll, most people have no idea this game is being played. And "most people" likely includes a lot of media members.

that is one of the reasons why I hope Ben Johnson succeeds - to get some real "buzz" back in the program.

I remember when Gopher Men's basketball was a big deal. I've been at games at Williams that were absolute sell-outs. that was fun. I'd like to see it happen again.

The game will start here today at 3:00 pm CST, and in happy valley at 4:00pm EST. I will commence day-drinking today at 3:00pm CST.
…that is all.

Loewe and Stephens should be able to maneuver against Penn St, if they can get some points Gophers win 67-64.

I hope we see a more aggressive Curry soon. That’s how we got Hercules in foul trouble last game

Top Bottom