***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE PRIME TIME WHITE OUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Serious question. How many drops by Penn Sate? And how any of the Gopher misses were bad throws by Kaliakmanis or good plays the the PSU D-Backs?

Two were right off the hands before contact (Jackson and BSF up the middle). One may have been contested but catchable (BSF on the left sideline).

He sucks at pass coverage and would SOMEONE cover their fucking TEs?!

Fereimuth killed us in 2019 and apparently no one fucking knows to cover TEs when we play Penn State? 🤦🏻‍♂️
It's just a smart game plan by PSU, attacking our weakness (55 in space). His foot speed in space obviously stands out on film. He made some nice plays against the run early in the game. That's his strength.

We have to find a way to create some pressure in passing situations. It's such a weakness this year, and puts a ton of pressure on our secondary.

Who starts at RB in the second half? I'll take Williams.

Two were right off the hands before contact. One may have been contested but catchable (BSF on the left sideline).

And the Penn State incompletes? Did any of them touch a receiver or were dropped by one?

Serious question. How many drops by Penn Sate? And how any of the Gopher misses were bad throws by Kaliakmanis or good plays the the PSU D-Backs?
My opinion AK should be 6-8. 4 drops so far. You could argue 1 of BSF’s 3 was knocked out of his hands by they safety.

AK has played pretty well. Let’s trust him and not run into stacked boxes anymore!

What a joke of a game plan. If this is where we are at in year 6 it's time to seriously evaluate where the program is going.
Same game plan they used to get blown out in Illinois, when they had a bye week to work on some creative plays, but obviously didn't feel it was necessary.

Last edited:

I've counted at least three dropped balls so far, and I missed the first couple drives. It's hard to fathom how the receivers got so bad so fast.
Serious question: We get to pick these guys...recruit them. I get they need some speed to get separation BUT shouldn't the first requirement be....ya gotta be able to catch the ball? Or next..

Okay! They finally let AK open up, throwing on first down, throwing the long ball, running some - better to go down fighting, if we have to.

The staff didn’t do a whole lot to help AK early on. I know they would try to run the ball early on, that was no surprise. But they did him a disservice by not calling a few play action rollouts or something easy to get him in rhythm a little bit. He looks very comfortable and they should be able to mix it up more in the 2nd half.

We will know in a few minutes... we desperately need him.\

He plays through injuries most of the time and might play the whole half, then miss next week.

Potts looks pretty sluggish if he is needed. That play slow lateral run that lost 5 yards tonight looked exactly like that shxt play that opened the Purdue game right in front of me. Hated it then, hated it tonight.

We sure could use Bucky Irving, but as someone pointed out he was going for the $$$ no matter what.

It's hard to judge this o-line in pass blocking. I don't know what to say.

Since our wide receivers are trash, the opposing defenses are bringing more than we can block more times than not. The false starts are ridiculous, but it's due to the stacked boxes and the pressure that is coming.

It is hard to judge because Purdue, IL and PSU all blitzed with an extra body almost every play. They'll keep doing that until the Gophs prove it can be stopped.

Diane sawyer and Matthew perry. Ummm it’s been awhile for anyone to care at this point.

Gopherhole MDs already diagnosing Mo with a hamstring pull. Damn, they're never wrong about this stuff.

The staff didn’t do a whole lot to help AK early on. I know they would try to run the ball early on, that was no surprise. But they did him a disservice by not calling a few play action rollouts or something easy to get him in rhythm a little bit. He looks very comfortable and they should be able to mix it up more in the 2nd half.
I think we have something really good in AK down the line.

We have no MO though, and no receivers.

That is very depressing.

Serious question: We get to pick these guys...recruit them. I get they need some speed to get separation BUT shouldn't the first requirement be....ya gotta be able to catch the ball? Or next..
Difference between a 2 or 3 star player and a 4 or 5 star player.

My opinion AK should be 6-8. 4 drops so far. You could argue 1 of BSF’s 3 was knocked out of his hands by they safety.

AK has played pretty well. Let’s trust him and not run into stacked boxes anymore!

And Clifford who was 14 of 21. What should his completion numbers be?

Gopherhole MDs already diagnosing Mo with a hamstring pull. Damn, they're never wrong about this stuff.

I mean, he's coming off a sprained ankle. Odds would say that. Those re-tweek easy, but the re-tweeks are often more painful than harmful.

At the Half, this game comes down to:
1. two plays where the DBs didn't cover the middle behind the MLB
2. Refs who are reluctant to call holding on PSU.
3. MN receivers dropping too many passes.
I saw it as 55 having middle of the field responsibility, reacting too slowly, getting blown past and then the QB dropping in a pass over his head. In that scheme MLB is supposed to take away the middle of the field for most of the play.

I have no idea but he made the exact same movement while scoring back at Nebraska in the north end zone in 2020, it looked exactly the same and it was a hamstring. He finished out the game then.

Top Bottom