***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE PRIME TIME WHITE OUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

As everybody has been whining about Morgan this past week....I've been trying to explain how bad this offensive line is. Way bigger problem than the QB or the receivers.
But the media has been talking to them. Reminding us they're nice guys and we shouldn't be criticizing them. Despite.

As everybody has been whining about Morgan this past week....I've been trying to explain how bad this offensive line is. Way bigger problem than the QB or the receivers.
I disagree. I think they are an above average Big Ten o line on run blocking and below average on pass protection. The receivers are probably at the bottom of the conference at creating separation and catching contested balls (at least over the past 2.5 games). Hoping they can improve as the season goes on. Glad they decided to give Brockington and Geary more run this game.

I disagree. I think they are an above average Big Ten o line on run blocking and below average on pass protection. The receivers are probably at the bottom of the conference at creating separation and catching contested balls (at least over the past 2.5 games). Hoping they can improve as the season goes on. Glad they decided to give Brockington and Geary more run this game.

I've counted at least three dropped balls so far, and I missed the first couple drives. It's hard to fathom how the receivers got so bad so fast.

I would say the line and receivers are neck and neck.

Maybe. But on most plays....the line isn't even giving the receivers time to get more than five yards downfield before whoever is behind center is running for their life.

Having a more athletic QB does help when the OL isn’t playing well. Great drive!

It's the reason why the Vikings went 13-3 in 2017 despite having a QB (Keenum) that nobody seemed to want. Guy was able to scramble away from the disaster that was the offensive line.

I've counted at least three dropped balls so far, and I missed the first couple drives. It's hard to fathom how the receivers got so bad so fast.
Especially after that freaky good game vs Sparty? That game I knew at the time was an outlier, but turns out it was an enormous outlier.

Sixth year of the program and we don't have a reserve QB who can actually play all phases of the game.
We did but both transferred as they knew they would never start here unless Tanner was injured. They went where they knew they could get playing time. Not Fleck's fault...we have Kramer and Knuth too. We are fine.

Mrs. Billd is done with the knife...whew...now she has a broom...

Gophers about to provide the biggest embarrassment of Penn state since Jerry Sandusky. I think they can pull the upset

At the Half, this game comes down to:
1. two plays where the DBs didn't cover the middle behind the MLB
2. Refs who are reluctant to call holding on PSU.
3. MN receivers dropping too many passes.

Athan! Perfect throw into coverage, great runs under pressure. Those plays opened it up for Mo. It's like, maybe balance is a good thing?

A 90 yd TD drive. Clutch by AK. I'm just gonna enjoy that one for a minute. One step at a time.

Open up the playbook.

Concerned about Mo. Re-aggravate the ankle?
Did Mo get hurt at the end?

It's hard to judge this o-line in pass blocking. I don't know what to say.

Since our wide receivers are trash, the opposing defenses are bringing more than we can block more times than not. The false starts are ridiculous, but it's due to the stacked boxes and the pressure that is coming.

It’s not Ciarocca, it’s PJ Fleck.
How do we know this? The plays they run are the same plays nearly every time. There is zero creativity. IS that Fleck also?

I agree, Fleck confounds me with his ultra conservative play, then going for it on fourth down at times when he shouldn't, which has cost them games. Come on though, he's not the Offensive Coordinator drawing up the plays.

We're seeing exactly why he lasted one year in Happy Valley, sorry.

Not sure why they keep calling that off tackle slow developing play for Potts or if he is bouncing too far. On that play Athan could have kept it for a huge game.

Potts has been frustrating this year. Maybe rusty? He's too impatient and won't wait for the seam to appear before bouncing outside into the tackle.

Serious question. How many drops by Penn Sate? And how any of the Gopher misses were bad throws by Kaliakmanis or good plays the the PSU D-Backs?

Maybe. But on most plays....the line isn't even giving the receivers time to get more than five yards downfield before whoever is behind center is running for their life.

It's the reason why the Vikings went 13-3 in 2017 despite having a QB (Keenum) that nobody seemed to want. Guy was able to scramble away from the disaster that was the offensive line.
RT is a disaster.

IMHO, PJ has a long leash based on 2019 and 2021. I believe he could have losing seasons for the next 5 years and still have his job. I believe the administration likes him alot.
Yeah I had a feeling. Coyle has nothing but good things to say about him

Top Bottom