***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Minn outscored 13-3 since 10:16 minute mark
Yeah....both teams shot poorly.....Garcia being on the bench probably played a huge part in that.

On the plus side, in spite of that poor finish to the half all they managed to do was draw even and now Garcia can come back fresh for the entire second half and one of their best players seems unlikely to play in the second half (Howard).

Cooper and Battle have played 20 and 19 minutes each in the first half. Payne at 16. Minnesota doesn't have great depth and so a risk of another late game slump.

Garcia obviously at only 11 minutes scored 7 and hopefully is a hot hand like against Ohio State to the end.

Edit: I briefly tuned into the Maryland Purdue game and they were talking favorably of Payne and Garcia.

I can’t believe this Gopher squad is outrebounding a team with Hunter Dickinson. The active hands and rebounding has been good to see today. You just have to close your eyes when the Gophers are on offense.
With the way the first half went you should probably close your eyes when both teams are on offense :)

He sat, didn't pick up anymore fouls and we are tied at halftime. Seems to me like sitting him was the right choice as now he can go the full second half and doesn't have to play passive due to fouls.
I'd rather have rolled the dice and been up 8 but reasonably people disagree on that decision.

Probably because they were winning... Who's to say he doesn't pick up the third foul immediately if he goes in.
There's that but almost as big of a concern is that Garcia has to play so timid that he can't really defend even if he is in.

Like I said, I would have played him and rolled the dice but I won't bash any coach for sitting him. Reasonable people and good coaches think about that differently.

I can’t believe this Gopher squad is outrebounding a team with Hunter Dickinson.

I would guess that Dickinson has significant regrets that he didn't go pro earlier in his career.

Why is Garcia guarding Dickinson 1 v 1?

He sat, didn't pick up anymore fouls and we are tied at halftime. Seems to me like sitting him was the right choice as now he can go the full second half and doesn't have to play passive due to fouls.
Their chance to win was to maintain/build on the lead. Letting Michigan come back and tie ended any chance to win.

If Michigan ends up winning they are going to have that missed layup playing on a loop in meetings.

Probably because they were winning... Who's to say he doesn't pick up the third foul immediately if he goes in.
If he does, you take him out then. I'd rather lose in the last 5 minutes because he fouled out that lose in the first half because we sat him for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom