***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

We're lucky on the td play, our o-line whiffed on the block to make it a td. Luckily Brooks side-stepped the defender and still scored.

The OL lets guys through to set up the screen. First game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked out, but to me, getting up by multiple scores is really important, so I'd have kicked the fg. 14 may be enough...

Let's play 4 quarters boys!

But you know if they played for a FG there would be a bevy of guys calling for his head for being conservative!

I would have kicked the FG - mainly because I didn't have confidence we could score a TD in :30 even if we got the first. Glad I was wrong.

The OL lets guys through to set up the screen. First game?

No, the two lineman in front after Brooks caught the pass. The Safety came up to make the tackle and our lineman should have blocked him. Nitpicking here...

Wow- just showed a shot of the stands while the band was playing- looked like a Twins game

No, the two lineman in front after Brooks caught the pass. The Safety came up to make the tackle and our lineman should have blocked him. Nitpicking here...

Gotcha. My bad.

Yup...they're pinching inside Greene so often. But the coaches clearly don't trust Rhoda to make the read or the exchange. So no read option...

First game I'm not able to watch on TV or live in a long time as I'm in Toronto (seriously this is painful with next to no college FB on TV). Good to see the run game doing damage. Keep pounding the rock and running the clock and 14 might be enough

Wow- just showed a shot of the stands while the band was playing- looked like a Twins game

Yep. We can never complain about attendance at TCF ever again.

BREAKING NEWS

Minneapolis,MN. - The Golden Gophers just announced the signing of the first female running back in NCAA history. Press conference forthcoming, but the marketing department at Minnesota stated they will promote their prolific running game with a nod to Beth Mowens of ESPN. Shannon Brooks, Rodney Smith and the new female running back will be known as "Slash, Bash and a little Gash" in all football promotions.

A WEE bit? Johnson makes John Birch look lime Bernie Sanders

With CR15 as our QB & our RBs you don't think it makes sense to be conservative.

BREAKING NEWS

Minneapolis,MN. - The Golden Gophers just announced the signing of the first female running back in NCAA history. Press conference forthcoming, but the marketing department at Minnesota stated they will promote their prolific running game with a nod to Beth Mowens of ESPN. Shannon Brooks, Rodney Smith and the new female running back will be known as "Slash, Bash and a little Gash" in all football promotions.
I take it you're voting for Trump. [emoji8]

Anybody know if Mitch is there in street clothes or is that not allowed in CFB?

A WEE bit? Johnson makes John Birch look lime Bernie Sanders

Good one! Don't know how many will get the reference, though. Of course, Birch was killed in WWII and wasn't actually a member of the society named after him. Robert Welch, a candy magnate, was the founder.

Great half.

I don't know that I'd call it great but we are winning?

Penalties that aren't typically called have bailed us out how many times? Offensive line generally bad. Penalties.

On the positive side no turnovers, Smith is a one man show, we executed a screen. 14-zip and that's all that matters but we need to get better.

He got in the way enough to where the safety had to go at Brooks at a bad angle. Tough to expect a big OL to completely take out a safety in the open field.

Does anybody understand why we fake the handoff to the opposite side of the RB on some of our PA passes?

With CR15 as our QB & our RBs you don't think it makes sense to be conservative.

Are you suggesting that ML7 2016 > CR15 right now?

Top Bottom