***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD***

Played Indiana at home after they blew out Ohio St by 25. Played Indiana on the road after they beat Illinois by 34 and Northwestern by 32 before losing a close game in OT at Wisky.

Before playing Purdue the Boilers beat Penn St by 17, Rutgers by 50, Ohio St by 11 and lost at Iowa. Neither Indiana or Purdue were in slumps.

"Slump" is an overstatement on my part although a team can be in a slump and still win. Regardless the Gophers did catch both teams right after a loss. I also didn't see Indiana playing well yesterday and won't be surprised if they end up losing a few in a row in the next week or two (yes, the Gophers did have a hand in them not playing well). Purdue won at home against Ohio State by 9 and then lost at Wisky. Ohio State is having a non-tOSU type season and Wisky is equally having a rough go at it. Although it was a win, Purdue, if they're as good as they would have us believe, should have blown tOSU out and never should have lost to Wisky.

One would have to be blind to not see that the team is improving; however, I'm still not completely sold the team has improved as much as so many others on there believe. We seem to be meeting teams when they are in a little slump. Neither Purdue or Indiana were playing as well as they had been at other times in the season.

Before some of you go off let me say again - THE TEAM IS IMPROVING and has come a LONG WAY in just the past two or three weeks - and in these close games against the Purdue's and Indiana's of the conference, I think it's helped we've met them while those teams haven't been playing their best.

What a weird argument and a hell of a stretch to discredit. Indiana was 7-1 in the BT coming in and crushing teams. You think they were playing worse because they had just lost in Madison in OT? Purdue is suddenly slumping as well because they lost in Iowa to a top 10 team?

'Is it possible IU just hadn’t fully recovered from Tuesday’s emotional overtime loss at Wisconsin?

“I don’t think the Wisconsin game had anything to do with it," Ferrell said. "Minnesota’s a great team. They’re a scary team. They’ve been in close games with everybody. I just felt like, in this game, we weren’t always there in the moment.”'

"Slump" is an overstatement on my part although a team can be in a slump and still win. Regardless the Gophers did catch both teams right after a loss. I also didn't see Indiana playing well yesterday and won't be surprised if they end up losing a few in a row in the next week or two (yes, the Gophers did have a hand in them not playing well). Purdue won at home against Ohio State by 9 and then lost at Wisky. Ohio State is having a non-tOSU type season and Wisky is equally having a rough go at it. Although it was a win, Purdue, if they're as good as they would have us believe, should have blown tOSU out and never should have lost to Wisky.
Purdue open the year with a win @ Wisky. They lost @ Iowa

Top Bottom