***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BOUNCE-BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I am bummed for the rest of the season seeing this. I thought we had a defense.
The D overall is good but the lack of a pass rush has really been an issue once the schedule got tougher.

I thought Wally and Smith could man up with almost anyone. We are playing way off.

I'm stunned.

pretty good to be dominated in the first half and be down by only 6.

Our LB’s and DB’s are blitzing right into their lineman, probably taught this for gap integrity but they need to make a move and get around them. They’re smaller, quicker and in most cases more athletic. They need to do a much better job on blitzes.

Drops a lot of passes. And has now contributed to TWO interceptions over the past two games. Makes you wonder how confident Morgan is even throwing the ball to him.
and yet he is still being targeted with big throws

No pressure up front is not allowing Gophers to get off the field. I get playing a run shell with Brown a great tailback. Got to turn tables on the and hog the ball in second half. Gophers are lucky to still be in this game with that time of possession difference. They still have a shot to win this game. Need the offense on the field. Defense needs to start forcing some punts.

Minn with only 3 possesions in the half. One ended with an INT, one ended with 3 and out, and one went 8 plays 80 yards for a TD. Can't win if this continues...have to get Illini offense off the field.

Hey, let's be fair.

Illinois is not a bad team. Good RB, good WR, solid QB play, and a good defense. and, they know who they are and play to that style. Illinois could definitely win the West. it would not be a fluke.

The Gophers just don't have any margin for error. with their style, they cannot afford turnovers or empty possessions. the Gophers are built to play from ahead. they don't do well playing from behind.

Ugly half but only down 6 and getting the ball to start the second half. Make your corrections and come out ready to go. Still in this
22 needs to go get that ball two games in a row now with negative plays. 2 and 24 playing hard if they keep it up we should be fine. 55 terrible today diving and missing 2 as he breaks big run after big run. Too bad PJ doesn’t believe in momentum as we could use a swing right now.

Hey, let's be fair.

Illinois is not a bad team. Good RB, good WR, solid QB play, and a good defense. and, they know who they are and play to that style. Illinois could definitely win the West. it would not be a fluke.

The Gophers just don't have any margin for error. with their style, they cannot afford turnovers or empty possessions. the Gophers are built to play from ahead. they don't do well playing from behind.
Illinois is out Tressel balling us today. Can PJ adapt? Well see

Minn with only 3 possesions in the half. One ended with an INT, one ended with 3 and out, and one went 8 plays 80 yards for a TD. Can't win if this continues...have to get Illini offense off the field.
Four. One ended in a kneel down.

need some hero mode adjustments from Rossi at halftime

Oh god.....hearing Chunk complain about the refs.

Yeah laughable by Frito. They’ve been coached to hold and have gotten away with murder all game. I feel like I’ve seen this at his previous stops.

Gut check time for Gophers. We get the ball at the start of the 3rd quarter. O has to show up and get a TD. Morgan's interception in my view was underthrown leading to INT. Lead the receiver and it's a score. Rossi's D scheme has to be modified but if the O shows up with time-consuming drives that will help D. Game is still up for grabs.

Top Bottom