***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BOUNCE-BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Need this to be a 1st half, 2nd half, two different efforts type of game.

Illini are outplaying us overall on both sides of the ball for the 1st half. Only Mo is really bringing his A game.

As others have noted need for the D to actually pressure DeVito into making a mistake. As for the Gophers offense, line needs to give Tanner the protection so he feels safe with the WRs getting more open and fighting for and holding on to the ball.

The game is winnable but not with the 1st half effort.

Hey, let's be fair.

Illinois is not a bad team. Good RB, good WR, solid QB play, and a good defense. and, they know who they are and play to that style. Illinois could definitely win the West. it would not be a fluke.

The Gophers just don't have any margin for error. with their style, they cannot afford turnovers or empty possessions. the Gophers are built to play from ahead. they don't do well playing from behind.

Well, then, they better learn quickly. Can't depend on taking the lead the rest of the season.

Ya ya, Illinois Championship season and whatever. I hope the team knows their season is on the line for the next 30 minutes.

Illinois is out Tressel balling us today. Can PJ adapt? Well see

The running the clock to <5 sec strategy is working as long as we keep scoring TDs and they score field goals. I understand the strategy but it’s cutting it as close as can possibly be, hoping they beat themselves. Right now not that optimistic but anything can happen. Maybe the coaches pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Would love to see us find a way to get a couple chunk plays in the passing game. Should be there with how we’re running it

The running the clock to <5 sec strategy is working as long as we keep scoring TDs and they score field goals. I understand the strategy but it’s cutting it as close as can possibly be, hoping they beat themselves. Right now not that optimistic but anything can happen. Maybe the coaches pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Personally I hate it. But it’s been the MO for his whole tenure. We’ll see. If we score a TD out the gate it’s a whole different game but agree it destroys any margin for error you have

The opening drive of the half will be critical. Have to get some points or it could get ugly.

17 yards of passing in the 1st half. Gotta believe that improves.

This second half is the Gophers season in my opinion. If you lose this game, you’re not beating Penn State next week and you’re not winning the west. Tanner Morgan will need to step up and put this team on his back and win this game with his play. If Morgan, in his 6th damn season, cannot do this in the second half, I’m ready to turn the page on him. Again, if you lose this game the division is over. You might as well start Athan at that point and see what we have going forward. I appreciate Morgan for all he’s done, but these next 2 quarters are the determining factor for me with Morgan.

and yet he is still being targeted with big throws
If the ball is the program, are there consequences for continually failing to secure the ball? This isn't a recent phenomenon. He struggled last year to hang on to passes as well.

I wonder if this is why Boyd got fed up and left. Preach about the ball all day every day but when push comes to shove, they are going to trot the same crew out there and hope it somehow magically changes?

I would sit him a series or two and see if someone else can step up.

Top Bottom