***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT COLORADO IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This feels like a fork in the road game. A solid win and we are game on! A bad showing and questions mount.

I think Fleck opens the playbook and Morgan throws for 225.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man I hope so.

This feels like a fork in the road game. A solid win and we are game on! A bad showing and questions mount.

On the first drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was once a fan of Colorado football.
  • They were a fun team to be in Bill Walsh's College Football on Sega Genesis because you could run the option with Charles Johnson and Eric Bienemy.
  • They beat Michigan on a Hail Mary.
  • They call that animal a buffalo and not a stupid bison.
So they're cool with me, except this Saturday.

I think the key to this game is the Gophers' defense. The transfers on the D-Line have to make an impact - TFL's, QB pressures, or........even.......a QB Sack. LB's have to fill holes and set the edge. DB's have to keep plays in front of them and make solid tackles.

If Colorado wants to score, make them come up with a 10-play, 80-yard drive. Nothing easy, nothing cheap. Make them earn every yard.

DEEEEEEFENSE!!!!!

In the summer 1991 I was doing the touristy thing in Colorado.

As a foreign student, back in my home country now, my knowledge of football then, as is now, was sketchy!!

So when we were in Denver...I insisted to our group that we should go to Boulder. This was in June and i saw their sunken stadium...they had just won the championship the previous year...I remember wistfully thinking...one day we will be there...the first step to that is winning today.

I am sure our Gophers will ski u mah the crowd there!!

I think the key to this game is the Gophers' defense. The transfers on the D-Line have to make an impact - TFL's, QB pressures, or........even.......a QB Sack. LB's have to fill holes and set the edge. DB's have to keep plays in front of them and make solid tackles.

If Colorado wants to score, make them come up with a 10-play, 80-yard drive. Nothing easy, nothing cheap. Make them earn every yard.

DEEEEEEFENSE!!!!!

I'd love to see a sack or two, but with Colorado throwing so infrequently (to date, at least) the odds are against it.

I think Morgan has to throw for 200+ & 2 TDs(at a minimum) for us to win.

I was once a fan of Colorado football.
  • They were a fun team to be in Bill Walsh's College Football on Sega Genesis because you could run the option with Charles Johnson and Eric Bienemy.
  • They beat Michigan on a Hail Mary.
  • They call that animal a buffalo and not a stupid bison.
So they're cool with me, except this Saturday.

Bizon

DEEEEEEFENSE!!!!!

The Coloradans seem to believe they have a pretty good defense. Assuming we are full strength at WR this is steel on steel. No idea what the MN D will look like tomorrow. I challenge anyone to give a forecast on that.

Fingers crossed big O shows up.

I figure more like 325

The biggest worry for the Gophers going forward is the Defense.

The transfers on the current team were meant to be a temporary fix. The 2019 Gopher Defense in retrospect where really good. Many are in the NFL.

Let's hope that by a miracle that they hold their own playing in high altitude.

What they have shown us the first two games is worrisome. They need to make adjustments against what the Colorado Offense will do to exploit their weakness.

Though the terms are often used interchangeably, buffalo and bison are distinct animals. Old World “true” buffalo (Cape buffalo and water buffalo) are native to Africa and Asia. Bison are found in North America and Europe. Both bison and buffalo are in the bovidae family, but the two are not closely related.

The Coloradans seem to believe they have a pretty good defense. Assuming we are full strength at WR this is steel on steel. No idea what the MN D will look like tomorrow. I challenge anyone to give a forecast on that.

Fingers crossed big O shows up.
I think the D will look pretty good. I think we need more speed on D though.

Top Bottom