***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT COLORADO IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Don't know if anyone commented on it yet, but one little nitpick on Thomas's TD run - it looked like he kept the ball in his left arm. Would be better to switch to his right hand to brace for contact.

Say what you will, but Tanner either has really regressed from 2 yrs ago, or having Bateman and Johnson was the driving force of his excellence.
Well, then there is hope... With CrAB, Wright and Jackson, it's quite possible that Tanner will come around and have another year of excellence. It took him a while to ease into things in 2019, too.

DVRd the game on Fubo cuz I needed to work on the RV (aka my beer swilling man cave) and now just finished it. I honestly don't remember a dominating performance like this vs a decent Power 5 program. Other than the shaky FG kicking, it was total domination.

Great to see the defense totally step up; granted Colorado's offense is lost. But still. Domination.

O-line was impressive. Colorado's D is pretty good, but I get the sense these Pac12 teams are no longer built to stop the power run game. I loved it.
I've been critical of Potts' tackle breaking ability compared to Mo, but he showed great patience, vision and quickness today and looked like a potential star. He looked like he might be bruised a little so let's hope he's OK.

I get the sense the Gophs could have lit up CO in the passing game if they had to. PJ instead did his best Jim Tressel impression and sucked the time off the clock like a boa squeezing the life from its prey.

Great to see CAB back. The young man is a stud and an obvious leader of the receiving corps.

Soliloquy finished. Back to an ice cold Coors.

Last edited:

Potts might have just been a little sore. There wasn't a reason for him to return since Irving and Thomas were doing very well. Dunlap's injury might have been a little more. He was on the field for awhile but he did walk off himself.
I’m guessing dehydration or simple heat exhaustion for CD. As soon as they got him off the field PJ was going up the line telling the guys to hydrate

I noticed that too right away. Almost said something, but didn't want to get trashed!
I think he was trying to switch hands but when then he was nervous about switching hands with the defender that close.

The first two games we score 31, today 30 with a missed extra point, that's pretty consistent.
If we score 31 in every remaining game, how many will we win?

Maybe it's good nobody was able to watch this one today.

We'll sneak up on Ball State next week...

Don't know if anyone commented on it yet, but one little nitpick on Thomas's TD run - it looked like he kept the ball in his left arm. Would be better to switch to his right hand to brace for contact.
Enjoy the victory and quit nitpicking … but I saw that too.

Man alive Former this is quote of the year stuff, I love it!
“PJ instead did his best Jim Tressel impression and sucked the time off the clock like a boa squeezing the life from its prey.”

I kept waiting for Colorado’s offense to do something. Anything. But they did not.

Man alive Former this is quote of the year stuff, I love it!
“PJ instead did his best Jim Tressel impression and sucked the time off the clock like a boa squeezing the life from its prey.”

There is a bullshitting sweet spot from roughly 2 to 4 beers.

I listened to the game on the Gopher app and didn't check the GH. It's funny to read through this thread and the number of chicken little posts. Some folks here just can't enjoy anything.
Great win for the good guys. I look forward to Bowling Green next.

Top Bottom