Official "Matt Limegrover is NOT a D1 Offensive Coordinator" thread

The offensive line sucks and Limegrover is the offensive line coach.
The play calling sucks and Limegrover calls the plays.
The offense sucks and Limegrover is the offensive coordinator.
Jetison Limegrover and we solve three problems with one stroke of genius.

And you guys who say we shouldn’t say to play another qb because we aren’t at practice every day and we aren’t in the meeting rooms so we have no valid opinion. The same is true for you. You can’t then turn around and say Croft would be carried off on a stretcher if he were in there. How do you know?

The ultra-conservative coach Warmath in our last national championship season of 1960 had a great qb named Sandy Stephens. When the offense slumped, Murray would bring in a small qb from SD named Smokey Joe Salem and he would ignite a rally. That’s why they called him “Smokey.” Why can’t we have Smokey Croft come in?
Well I see you're trying to represent Halsey hall's great life...you're a disgrace to his family. You have severe mental illness issues.

If any of you are members of the media, can you please once and for all ask Coach Kill who actually calls the plays and how much involvement Kill has in that process? Please ask on day where he isn't threatening the fans about firing himself. I don't wanna keep complaining about Limegrover if it's Kill who's holding Limegrover back.

Like I said, it seems like the Offense is limited to a set number of plays and they are forbidden to run anything else on that game day.

I've wondered about this myself. Two seasons ago during that stretch where Kill was not on the sidelines, the offense took some chances, seemed less predictable, and the team did win four straight. As acting head coach, Claeys said he pretty much deferred the play calling to the offensive coordinator.

These "so and so sucks and should be replaced or fired" threads suck in and of themselves. Limegrover is a D1 cooridinator, and will not and should not be let go. I do however think it is valid to ask if he is just spread too thin being both the OC and line coach. That seems very demanding of time and energy at the D1/power 5 level.

I actually think he's handcuffing Limey, maybe?

Look back when Kill was out with his medical issue, Claeys was the interim HC, and Limey had to answer to no one.
Vs Penn State, vs Nebraska, our offense was balanced, strong, spread, fast. When Kill officially came back to coach the
bowl game vs Syracuse, we were back to 'between the tackles or deep down the field, incomplete passes).

I tend to agree with this a little bit.

Memo to Coach: LSU vs. Auburn at the half 7/10 passing for 40 yards 27 rushes for 267. Leading 24-0. Go back the basics and run the ball.

Husker...we're you at the game? They can't block anybody Smith ran into his blockers in the backfield several times.

They will lose every B10 game with this Offense!

other than Purdue, which game do you feel remotely confident in?

If you asked me today, I still say I'm confident about @Purdue and Illinois.

Today, I think we'll get smoked by @NW, Michigan and Nebraska but that they'll actually be close games when all is said and done simply because our defense will hold them all under 20 points.

We are getting the snot beat out of us by Wisconsin, @Iowa, and @Ohio State.

My guess today is 3-5 in conference and a toilet bowl appearance. If we can somehow find a way to score 20 points a game, that changes to a 5-3 guess.

Official "Matt Limegrover is NOT a D1 Offensive Coordinator" thread

No playmakers, no OL, no creativity, no QB.....The D will keep them in many games, but they will get tired from being on the field so much and eventually succumb....If I was Claeys i would be questioning my long time friend right now.

Dude. You have made your "The Season is Over" points in every thread on here. We get it. We know your thoughts. Did you really need to start a new thread to say them again?

EDIT: Not sure why Tapatalk insists on putting this reply in this thread and not in the "We'll lose every game thread"?

Dude. You have made your "The Season is Over" points in every thread on here. We get it. We know your thoughts. Did you really need to start a new thread to say them again?

EDIT: Not sure why Tapatalk insists on putting this reply in this thread and not in the "We'll lose every game thread"?

The mods moved it. Rightfully so. bornin1997 doesn't need his own thread. He's polluted enough as it is.

My own personal opinion is that we have talent and coaching issues and it's really hard to decipher what is the root cause of the struggles. For example, many have rightly questioned the frequency of running plays on first down against Kent State despite a stacked box. What if Limegrover (and/or Kill) simply doesn't have the confidence in Leidner to complete passes and felt running against 8,9, 10 man fronts was still the best option. Then that's not so much on Limegrover's play calling, but on recruiting decisions made by the staff. It's possible that Limegrover's hands are tied by the talent he has at his disposal. I feel like very few power five schools would trade their top three wide receivers for Maye, Wolitarsky, and Carter. We know the offensive line and tight end position groups have both suffered injuries. With that said, there should be plenty of talent on a Big Ten team that just gave it's 5th year coach a raise to put up a bunch of points on that Kent State team.

If I am reading the board correctly, I think I can sum up what people are saying.

1) Lime is telegraphing the first down play with its basic consistency of run on first.
2) The health of the line is disconcerting and backups will have to step up.
3) The quarterback needs to be able to throw further than 30 feet accurately.
4) The basic playbook is the same as the last 5 years.
5) The playbook should be used since we all know what it contains.
6) Mitch would look interstellar if the receivers would catch what is thrown.
7) The receivers would look interstellar if the qb would throw a catchable ball.
8) Fans would be satisfied if the offense looked like it had a reliable passing attack.
9) Change should be systematic and agreed upon, or it would be revolutionary and destructive.
10) The status quo is dangerous, thus we need revolutionary change to destroy the old and bring on the new.
11) The coaches need to be trusted because their income is higher and therefore they know more about football.
12) The guardians of Xenon will save us.
13) If only we hadn't chased away Nelson, he wouldn't have been in Mankato.
14) The use of pink and brown shirts to shame players is still useful.
15) Our players are better recruits. Why aren't they beating everybody?

Top Bottom