Official "Matt Limegrover is NOT a D1 Offensive Coordinator" thread

I'm more concerned about just plain stupid mistakes. I'm no offensive guru or elite football mind but today stands out to me as one of the worst games this team has played in a while when it comes to just plain missed assignments; FB runs right past the first defender to the second defender, tackle for loss; Campion was really, really bad for a guy with his experience. Penalties. Turnovers. You name it.

Playcalling is the least of my concerns at this point. They ran the plays they were going to run, regardless of the situation. End of story.

But if you're pissed the Gophers didn't win by 35 points, you haven't been watching this team for very long. Look at the NC games over the last 2-3 years; they don't blow out teams in the NC. Period. They don't give a sh!t about style points. They're laying the foundation for conference play

Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh!t. Mistakes, penalties, and missed assignments. The O-Tackle position is a mess right now and that IS a very real concern.

I hate to pull out the John McEnroe, "but you cannot be serious!!!"

If any of you are members of the media, can you please once and for all ask Coach Kill who actually calls the plays and how much involvement Kill has in that process? Please ask on day where he isn't threatening the fans about firing himself. I don't wanna keep complaining about Limegrover if it's Kill who's holding Limegrover back.

Like I said, it seems like the Offense is limited to a set number of plays and they are forbidden to run anything else on that game day.

I hate to pull out the John McEnroe, "but you cannot be serious!!!"

Ummm, yes I am serious.

You see, I can say this because LAST YEAR, I can easily remember getting outgained, significantly, by Eastern Illinois AND Middle Tennessee State, and then going on to win At Michigan, At Nebraska, and putting up 51 points against Iowa.

Ummm, yes I am serious.

You see, I can say this because LAST YEAR, I can easily remember getting outgained, significantly, by Eastern Illinois AND Middle Tennessee State, and then going on to win At Michigan, At Nebraska, and putting up 51 points against Iowa.

Absolutely ridiculous......They are one play last week and one play this week from being 0-3.....a vintage Mason team with Maroney and Barber would have hung 45 on those guys today against 11 in the box.

Absolutely ridiculous......They are one play last week and one play this week from being 0-3.....a vintage Mason team with Maroney and Barber would have hung 45 on those guys today against 11 in the box.

I think you're absolutely right... and that same Mason team would have went 2-6 in B1G play, and lost all 3 of those games (at Mich, at Neb, and home Iowa).

If any of you are members of the media, can you please once and for all ask Coach Kill who actually calls the plays and how much involvement Kill has in that process? Please ask on day where he isn't threatening the fans about firing himself. I don't wanna keep complaining about Limegrover if it's Kill who's holding Limegrover back.

Like I said, it seems like the Offense is limited to a set number of plays and they are forbidden to run anything else on that game day.

Don't ask today. Kill is threatening to fire himself.

On a positive note, we won't be going into the B1G season being over confident.

I think you're absolutely right... and that same Mason team would have went 2-6 in B1G play, and lost all 3 of those games (at Mich, at Neb, and home Iowa).

Kill beat an average/below average Michigan team....An average NU team twice and a below average Iowa team....Get back to me when he beats a couple of top 5 teams and a bowl game.

I'm more concerned about just plain stupid mistakes. I'm no offensive guru or elite football mind but today stands out to me as one of the worst games this team has played in a while when it comes to just plain missed assignments; FB runs right past the first defender to the second defender, tackle for loss; Campion was really, really bad for a guy with his experience. Penalties. Turnovers. You name it.

Playcalling is the least of my concerns at this point. They ran the plays they were going to run, regardless of the situation. End of story.

But if you're pissed the Gophers didn't win by 35 points, you haven't been watching this team for very long. Look at the NC games over the last 2-3 years; they don't blow out teams in the NC. Period. They don't give a sh!t about style points. They're laying the foundation for conference play.

Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh!t. Mistakes, penalties, and missed assignments. The O-Tackle position is a mess right now and that IS a very real concern.

Yeah, the execution by the Offense has been less than desirable.

Oh yeah, if you forget that they virtually never threw the ball in Kill's past Non-Conference seasons then your memory is clouded. That's what I meant when I said that this year we're actually seen that part of the game before the Big Ten Season starts. I mean as long as you're getting pissy.;)

Yeah, the execution by the Offense has been less than desirable.

You bring up a good point.

It's completely disturbing how quick we are to let the players off the hook for a pathetic effort. "Coaches, coaches, coaches..."

Leidner must be happy right now; he's not hardly getting scrutinized for two of the worst INT's he's thrown in a long time. Hardly even a mention of it on the entire board.

if you try to blame anyone besides the coaches for this terrible games you are kidding yourself

they are responsible for how the players are prepared and how they play on Saturdays
'
'if these coaches were doctors there would be dead people all over the place

No playmakers, no OL, no creativity, no QB.....The D will keep them in many games, but they will get tired from being on the field so much and eventually succumb....If I was Claeys i would be questioning my long time friend right now.

I remember saying the same thing a couple years ago after Western Illinois. Come on, man...

Kill beat an average/below average Michigan team....An average NU team twice and a below average Iowa team....Get back to me when he beats a couple of top 5 teams and a bowl game.

Oh boy, here we go. All of Kill's wins were against "down" teams. None were really any good. @MI? Not impressed. @NU? Not impressed. Blah blah blah.

Oh boy, here we go. All of Kill's wins were against "down" teams. None were really any good. @MI? Not impressed. @NU? Not impressed. Blah blah blah.

Michigan was god awful last year (5-7)....the win in Lincoln was nice but Nebraska was not in the Rose bowl last year either....Iowa has been awful for years....I never loved Mason that much but he had some legitimate wins against top ten teams on the road in his first five years.

Michigan was god awful last year (5-7)....the win in Lincoln was nice but Nebraska was not in the Rose bowl last year either....Iowa has been awful for years....I never loved Mason that much but he had some legitimate wins against top ten teams on the road in his first five years.

You sold me. Bring him back. Email the U now - you are so right.

This, Mason lost BIG TEN games because of a buckling defense, he didn't have funding to pay for defensive coaches that put us in position to win. But he almost always had a VERY good offense. Seriously, can you think of what a defense ran by Claeys and an offense ran by Mason would look like? We'd win the west every year, as long as we had them.

This, Mason lost BIG TEN games because of a buckling defense, he didn't have funding to pay for defensive coaches that put us in position to win. But he almost always had a VERY good offense. Seriously, can you think of what a defense ran by Claeys and an offense ran by Mason would look like? We'd win the west every year, as long as we had them.

It would look a lot like what Wisconsin has looked like for about the last 10-15 years.

I am watching the Texas Tech v. Arkansas game and TT is showing a nice, creative game plan. Bubble screen, 6 yard in-route for a 30 yard gain followed up with a qb draw, which caught Ark. off guard leading to an easy 13 yard gain. I wish we had this kind of creative play calling.

I am watching the Texas Tech v. Arkansas game and TT is showing a nice, creative game plan. Bubble screen, 6 yard in-route for a 30 yard gain followed up with a qb draw, which caught Ark. off guard leading to an easy 13 yard gain. I wish we had this kind of creative play calling.

There are 30 year olds littered throughout college football with a quarter of the experience of Limegrover who can draw up competent offensive game plans in 2015.

"It would look a lot like what Wisconsin has looked like for about the last 10-15 years."

Sadly true.

Lime's disease---get rid of Matt

The offensive line sucks and Limegrover is the offensive line coach.
The play calling sucks and Limegrover calls the plays.
The offense sucks and Limegrover is the offensive coordinator.
Jetison Limegrover and we solve three problems with one stroke of genius.

And you guys who say we shouldn’t say to play another qb because we aren’t at practice every day and we aren’t in the meeting rooms so we have no valid opinion. The same is true for you. You can’t then turn around and say Croft would be carried off on a stretcher if he were in there. How do you know?

The ultra-conservative coach Warmath in our last national championship season of 1960 had a great qb named Sandy Stephens. When the offense slumped, Murray would bring in a small qb from SD named Smokey Joe Salem and he would ignite a rally. That’s why they called him “Smokey.” Why can’t we have Smokey Croft come in?

And you guys who say we shouldn’t say to play another qb because we aren’t at practice every day and we aren’t in the meeting rooms so we have no valid opinion. The same is true for you. You can’t then turn around and say Croft would be carried off on a stretcher if he were in there. How do you know?

The ultra-conservative coach Warmath in our last national championship season of 1960 had a great qb named Sandy Stephens. When the offense slumped, Murray would bring in a small qb from SD named Smokey Joe Salem and he would ignite a rally. That’s why they called him “Smokey.” Why can’t we have Smokey Croft come in?

I say tell Halsey hall to get a life.

I blame Limegrover's weight loss. I think he has depleted his carb intake to the point he no longer has the energy to call more than 5 plays.

You're commenting on the idiot Halsey hall so maybe you need to get a life, too

Your true colors came out after a tough win and you can't control yourself. And yes you're right I'm commenting on the idiot Halsey Hall. The Halsey Hall I know would be embarrass that you're using his name.

Halsey, your sport coat is on fire...you keep hitting enter...once was enough.

So if the 2nd string QB is the answer, maybe we also put in the 2nd team O-line.

Top Bottom