***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
There was a time when a visiting Indiana squad would fire up the state for days leading into the game. Alas a bygone era. Now we find ourselves with two second year coaches who haven't quite found their footing yet. Hopefully the $5 tickets on the secondary market fuels a good walk up crowd and we can inject some life into this game.

Like others, this is a winnable game. But we need Dawson healthy and we need Battle much better than he's been.

No reason not to win this game.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for a nearly Iron 5 lineup of Samuels/Cooper/Henley/JOJ/Thompson. Ramberg will spell for positions 1-4. No breaks for TT. Keep all injured players on the bench and let them recover. Need them healthy for our run in the B1G tournament. We can do it! (channeling my inner MNJAY since that moniker is now deceased, RIP)

Looking for a nearly Iron 5 lineup of Samuels/Cooper/Henley/JOJ/Thompson. Ramberg will spell for positions 1-4. No breaks for TT. Keep all injured players on the bench and let them recover. Need them healthy for our run in the B1G tournament. We can do it! (channeling my inner MNJAY since that moniker is now deceased, RIP)
I think you meant Payne?? What happened to MNJAY?

Been watching gopher hoops for going on 30 years. Doesn’t make me an old head around these parts but it gives me some perspective.

I’m as apathetic to this team as I have been to any team ever. I don’t know what will change that. I hope they win but I really don’t care. I need to attend a game to see if that helps and per my sources there are good seats still available.

Time to burn Betts redshirt!

I was on my phone and checking the score and ESPN box had him listed as playing against Michigan.

I think you meant Payne?? What happened to MNJAY?
I have a feeling Payne is also dealing with injury. Need to employ load management. Rest him up for our BTT title run. : )

You're benching Battle? Bold strategy.

Time to burn Betts redshirt!

I was on my phone and checking the score and ESPN box had him listed as playing against Michigan.
Honestly, I was wondering if they should. If he can contribute at all do it. The 2026-2027 season is irrelevant right now and he'll probably be playing for Colorado State or something anyway.

Looks like you're not far off. 6 scholarship players tonight. TT will probably play more tonight than he has in all other B1G games combined. Free TT!

Honestly, I was wondering if they should. If he can contribute at all do it. The 2026-2027 season is irrelevant right now and he'll probably be playing for Colorado State or something anyway.
I’m not opposed to that idea, as long as he plays 10+ minutes a night - I’d rather play him than TT or Free Willy.

i dont even know what to say

Cooper will play all 40
Battle will play all 40
TT doesnt have a choice but to play all 40

i guess at least Ben wont have any excuse not to play Henley for extended minutes tonight

You're benching Battle? Bold strategy.
Battle should have rested the previous game, he's still hurt. Need him at 100%. Rest 'em up for the final 5 games of conference season followed by our BTT run. Go Gophers!

This game will get ugly fast. Save Battle’s back and wear/tear on Cooper. Give Henley, TT, Ramberg, and probably Purcell extended minutes. I’ll watch Hallmark Channel with wife 🤢.

Battle should have rested the previous game, he's still hurt. Need him at 100%. Rest 'em up for the final 5 games of conference season followed by our BTT run. Go Gophers!
Tonight seems like the perfect time to rest him. We have 6 scholarship players. We only really need 5. Rambrug and Purcell to the rescue!

In case people have not seen the other thread - Garcia and Payne both out tonight. Garcia with a bone bruise and Payne with concussion protocol.

that leaves the Gophers with 7 scholarship players available tonight:
Cooper
Samuels
Battle
Henley
JOJ
TT
Ramberg
...and walk-on Purcell

to quote Bob Dylan
I just don't see why I should even care
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there

This game will get ugly fast. Save Battle’s back and wear/tear on Cooper. Give Henley, TT, Ramberg, and probably Purcell extended minutes. I’ll watch Hallmark Channel with wife 🤢.

I'm going to watch the first hour of the game and if it gets ugly, switch to Chicago PD.

Hey, there's an idea - get Hank Voight to coach the Gophers. He'd put the fear of God into them.

I shouldn't admit this, but I haven't told my wife about these injuries because she'd probably refuse to go with me to the game if she knew.

Holy Man will tell me that this is a sin of omission.

I have a good feeling about the effort we will put out tonight. I think they will go hard and maybe stay in the game a while. I hope so. There are a couple of guys that have a nice chance to step up in TT, Henley and Ramberg (who is always and effort player).

Can never go wrong with a Candace Cameron Bure Hallmark movie! Candace is quite fetching, probably more so for those of us in the 40s-50s age range.

Before the season started two players got injured and out. Bad break to start te season. Now Carrington, Garcia and Payne are injured. Not 1 or 2 more but 3. What a fluke. The team on the floor tonight is a fluke alignment of injuries.

Henley has looked lost, but he does put in effort and quick, so I wonder how good the minutes will be.

Can never go wrong with a Candace Cameron Bure Hallmark movie! Candace is quite fetching, probably more so for those of us in the 40s-50s age range.
Well we know that you are a good husband if you know Hallmark actors by name! I've seen a ton of those flicks. :)

Do we know already if the refs will hate the Gophers tonight? Or possible sympathy?

Top Bottom