***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Me too. This team and staff are starting to build something. Ola pushing that idiot in their huddle was a good sign. They are maturing. I thought it would be 20+ loss. This makes 4 of 6 that could have been. I know everyone can say "could have", but this team is getting stronger and better.
Ola is our answer to Wisc Davidson.

TT is not a terrible shooter.
From 3, he was shooting 3-13 (23%) this year coming into tonight's game... and that's without taking any shots in Big Ten play.
After tonight shooting 0-6, he sits at 16%.

that's terrible.

Ola is our answer to Wisc Davidson.
Except Ola is a man, Dinkison was not. Not arguing with you, just saying I hate Dinkison. And everything Minnesota is better than anything shitsconsin.

But to your point, I hope he is that guy that stirs up shit. That would be fun but also him being not a pussy makes it even better.

Except Ola is a man, Dinkison was not. Not arguing with you, just saying I hate Dinkison. And everything Minnesota is better than anything shitsconsin.

But to your point, I hope he is that guy that stirs up shit. That would be fun but also him being not a pussy makes it even better.
Last year a number of posters said if Davidson was a gopher the coaches would bench him for his chippy play. Now we'll see what happens to Ola.

Ola Joseph is going to be a player. He needs to see the court better but he is confident and tough and his shot isn't broken, he just needs to keep working on it. This off season has to be him and Payne becoming consistent threats from 10-12 feet. Payne has to learn to drive Ola Joseph already has that.

8 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal 3 blocks and 8 points. No to shabby!
The problem is 8 points on 13 shots- not real good. Did he show that he might have a future? Sure. His position is pretty crowded here though.

Ola reminds me of Draymond Green. I see him developing into that kind of player.

The problem is 8 points on 13 shots- not real good. Did he show that he might have a future? Sure. His position is pretty crowded here though.

All in all TT played a pretty good game for a guy with bench slivers.
Hopefully he sees more playing time from here on out, but BJ will probably sit him on the bench and encourage him to transfer at the end of the year.

No complaints tonight, all seven guys played their hearts out. They'll get a couple, three or four wins if they can consistently find the effort to be on the floor for loose balls and make the effort plays. Just needed a couple more shots to fall tonight. Hopefully JOJ okay and we can get a couple guys back for Saturday

Garcia doesn't need to play 35 minutes/game.
I agree and I would give the extra minutes to Payne. That's the future and that's what we are playing for this year.

With Garcia and Payne healthy- who would you play him instead of?
I'm not smart enough to answer that. I just mean that this guy gives everything. It would be nice if the flow of the team allowed him to come in for 10+ this year. Then maybe more in future years.

Ola reminds me of Draymond Green. I see him developing into that kind of player.
I was thinking the same thing. He'll start some fights and with the mentality that he will finish them too. Not need refs and other people to do it for him.

Last year a number of posters said if Davidson was a gopher the coaches would bench him for his chippy play. Now we'll see what happens to Ola.
Not to start an argument, but there is a diffenerce between punching nuts, and being strong. Ola is strong, Bradley was not.

Bradley intentionally hurt people, Ola will just punish people.

Not to start an argument, but there is a diffenerce between punching nuts, and being strong. Ola is strong, Bradley was not.

Bradley intentionally hurt people, Ola will just punish people.
Purdue game disputes your claim.

Ok, first game of the year in person thoughts.

Positives: I thought the zone was good. TJD ate us up but he does that vs everyone. That had been a huge issue, tonight I liked it, well done CBJ. 2. They played hard, for only basically 6 guys they put it all out there. 3. Battle in the 2nd half looked like old battle. 4. I have really not liked Henley, tonight he showed a few nice pops of some upside. 5. JOJ might end up being our most important player from the fr class, he has swag

Negatives: FREE THROWS!!! It's infuriating. 2. CBJ made some weird choices, like 1 second on the shot clock, we have battle inbound the ball?? 40 sec left and we take a TT 3??? Henley brought the ball up WAY too much. At times our offense was samuels playing pitch and catch with TT 😬 3. TT, might be the weakest player in the B1G, TJD is good but man 0 physical presence.

Overall nice to compete down guys but IND outside of TJD played horrible, that game was there for the taking and simple mistakes hurt us.

All in all TT played a pretty good game for a guy with bench slivers.
Hopefully he sees more playing time from here on out, but BJ will probably sit him on the bench and encourage him to transfer at the end of the year.
Unfortunately
We don't know if they would have played with the same sense of desperation though.
Reminded me of the Rutgers game last year

I'm not sure what that was tonight. Gritty? Good effort?

That would have been an embarrassing loss for Indiana but they got it done. I'm not very impressed with the Big Ten this year. Bunch of really mediocre teams.
I'm afraid to think it, but maybe it's a system and team coming together (Gritty and good effort). Obviously not there yet, but not the 40 point blow out some were expecting. I'm reluctantly optimitic in what is brewing here.

Weber is absolutely correct. We are so young it leads to a lot of little mistakes down the stretch of games (ie blocking out or not pinching down on free throws). Hopefully that means we can flip the switch at some point and start making those plays (even if it’s not til next season).
They are not that young. Copper and battle are both juniors and samuels is a senior. Battle played 40, cooper played 35, and samuels played 28. Had Garcia been healthy he would hav replayed 35-40 and he’s sophomore, but he’s been out of high school since 2020. Some of the players are young, but they also have a lot of experience especially in the back court.

It was an entertaining game and a fun night out, and I'd like to say that keeping it close under these circumstances was thrilling and satisfying, and it was, but the truth is that I'm just deflated. And I think my season ticket mates were even more down than I am. That's not to take anything away from the team's efforts, which were really something. I guess I sometimes wish I weren't so invested, especially in light of this program's place in the world. I suspect people like Souhan would say that, considering the program's history, why do I think I have the right to be disappointed with a loss?

They are not that young. Copper and battle are both juniors and samuels is a senior. Battle played 40, cooper played 35, and samuels played 28. Had Garcia been healthy he would hav replayed 35-40 and he’s sophomore, but he’s been out of high school since 2020. Some of the players are young, but they also have a lot of experience especially in the back court.
You completely missed the point. Of course we have some veteran presence. The players making these mistakes that Weber and I were referring to are often the freshman playing in crunch time. There have repeatedly been games in the last few moments where someone like Henley or JOJ didn’t box out or something similar that cost us. We aren’t the only team playing young guys (Purdue for example), so hopefully we can get coached up and figure some of these “little” details before Battle/Cooper graduate. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

He's not going to contribute much next season sounds like badmouthing to me. Not outright bashing but badmouthing.

Asign that label to other producing players.
That isn’t badmouthing. You’re overly sensitive to anything that isn’t predicting him as a savior. He could be an 8/8 guy who plays good D. That would be a nice freshman year.

I'm not sure what that was tonight. Gritty? Good effort?

That would have been an embarrassing loss for Indiana but they got it done. I'm not very impressed with the Big Ten this year. Bunch of really mediocre teams.
They had a case of playing down to their opponent.

Top Bottom