***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Should have kicked the field goal or faked it.

Looking like we're going to get steamrolled. Our defense is a sieve and the offense can't convert on short.

I'd feel better if they could stop the run, but this could get ugly.

Tanner is going to need to air it our. Bret's teams never get called for holding, and the RUTM isn't working today.

Two things driving me crazy:
- Throwing on second and long. The linebackers are sprinting back into coverage as soon as the ball is snapped. Just run the ball and position an achievable third down.
- Running on first. They are literally putting a safety on the edge on first down. Throw against the inevitable single coverage.

We can’t keep giving up 5 yards a damn play.

PJ should call 3 timeouts in a row right here. That'll slow momentum.

Gut check time. I think the D's gotta pick up the slack. Get us a short field, or even a score. Illinois came to play we're snakebitten.

Damn Gophers, you can't suck this bad. Get it together, 14 - 0 is not insurmountable.

This is the game where our passing game has to perform well or we lose. Illinois is stacking the DL and blitzing. Running 75% of the time while are behind equals automatic loss to Illinois. Tanner needs to unload quickly with the pressure he faces. And our routes must be designed for quick throws. Illinois is playing with great mental toughness; we aren’t.

Top Bottom