***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS TCU FROGS IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Our new and improved offense and QB...............3 pts.

Should be 10 if we don't fumble at the 1. And that had nothing to do with the QB. Mitch hasn't been great so far (not much improvement from last year) but he could use a little more help as well.

TCU averaging 4.6 yards per play. I will take that. They averaged 6.7 last year.

Have they had a play over 15 yards yet? No big plays.

Our new and improved offense and QB...............3 pts.

Our new and improved offense...is our same offense, minus 2 NFL draft picks and a couple 3 year starters on OL.

But seriously, it's the first game of the year. I'd hoped for change with a 2nd year starter at QB, but this O,always starts the year slow.

ESPN just gave nice props to our D...said they are playing outstanding......nice to hear

The non-fumble call was fine. Yes he fumbled but was at least 2 yards behind the initial contact. That will always be a call in favor of forward progress.

If we had say, 2 minutes, I'd say give it a shot. Your only option there is to go deep with no Timeouts. Defense has the advantage.

No, we're miscommunicating. We would have had 1:05 or so with the assumption they would make that chip shot FG.

Get a nice run back, who knows. Yeah, from the 25 I'd take a knee too.

We are overmatched on offense, overmatched on defense and slightly better on special teams. Not sure I can find a way Peter Mortell can win us this game.

I see that AWeb training is really paying off. Leidner looks even worse.

Leidner throw has nice knuckleball. Someone get him an emery board.

Hello hydro and lala. Where's wolf?

I think the reshuffling of the O-line helped, now Leidner just needs to relax

My biggest takeaway from the first half is just not making plays when their was a chance to make them. Obviously, Williams fumble looms large but Campbell had a shot at a pick late (possible pick 6?) and the offense has failed to convert on a number of passing plays. It's encouraging to hold TCU to a 10 point half, but it's very frustrating to only see 3 points on the board for the home team. The first 3 times the Gophers failed to convert 3rd down, they failed to throw the ball to/beyond the sticks ( 2 short incompletes that would have resulted in a punt if caught and one unsuccessful run on 3rd and 3-4).

A little concerned with how easily TCU gashed the Gopher Defense on the ground on the final drive of the half. The Offense really needs to step up, it's going to take at least 3 TD drives in the second half to win this game.

Patterson said they need to run the ball more given how far back we put our LBers and DBs, and I truly believe he will. Unfortunately, I see
a repeat of the Mizzou game where they did a draw play up the middle for no less than 15 yards a pop....

Wow...after 9 months I had forgotten how many ****ing morons decide to show up in the game thread.

Like...people who don't realize that Jeff Jones had a concussion. You're ****ing morons.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow...after 9 months I had forgotten how many ****ing morons decide to show up in the game thread.

Like...people who don't realize that Jeff Jones had a concussion. You're ****ing morons.

It's pretty brutal in here. A lot of user names that I don't recognize.

If I gave you the option 24 hours ago to go into halftime down 10-3, people here would have been slavering over the thought.

Sorry, not all of us check this site every six minutes to learn that Jeff Jones had a concussion...jayzuz cripes.

If I gave you the option 24 hours ago to go into halftime down 10-3, people here would have been slavering over the thought.

This is an incredible start, considering it could easily be 10-10. Our hope rests on the run game getting going and gnashing them. Mitch doesn't have it tonight and our game plan is unimaginitive, to be generous. They are vulnerable to the run, which is surprising, andd hugely encouraging.

lala in gopherland and hydro.....only show up in chat I think. good to have them here. Same with wolf..hven't seen him yet though.

we have to move the ball on O

Sorry, not all of us check this site every six minutes to learn that Jeff Jones had a concussion...jayzuz cripes.

Someone in the TC media tweeted he was in on a play in the first half. Can't remember who. But maybe not a concussion?

As much as people have hyped both our O & D lines, we sure seem to get dominated. Is it scheme or is TCU just better than us?

Sorry I don't post daily. I live in New Orleans, have no inside connections the the program, and consider myself a fan. So I apologize. This is a forum for people to voice their opinions right? Get off your high horse man

Gameover. I wish we had a Qb, maybe in 2 years....

As much as people have hyped both our O & D lines, we sure seem to get dominated. Is it scheme or is TCU just better than us?

Well, I mean they are the #2 team in the country.

Top Bottom