***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MIZZOU CITRUS BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Listening to ESPN again?

Ummm Michigan being down...Penn State coming of major scholarship reductions...care to elaborate on the strength of the Big Ten?

And don't say look at the bowl results

Ummm Michigan being down...Penn State coming of major scholarship reductions...care to elaborate on the strength of the Big Ten?

Wisconsin, MSU. You named two down, I named two up.

And why exactly can't I use Bowl games to help my stance? Because bit works against yours? The demise of the B1G was prematurely reported.

Was at the game, saw so many AWESOME plays, and then watched us shot ourselves in the foot when needed not to there most.... Stupid penalties, stupid turnovers and not capitalizing after getting turnovers.... then there's Claeys posting the same D that we did vs OSU, spread out, no safety help in there middle and they exposed it hard. Can not have that, need to adjust. I'm cautiously optimistic for next year, but Leidner needs to secure the ball and we need huge starts from Jones, Smith and Holland and Gentry... and if Maxx is fine, need Duke to stay healthy.

Then you can't cherry pick and say the reason is two programs are down. Michigan St. is as good right now as they have been in a long time.

Then you can't cherry pick and say the reason is two programs are down. Michigan St. is as good right now as they have been in a long time.

Oh Ok sorry I did not realize the conference was the greatest conference in the country...so your saying if Michigan State and Wisconsin would have lost today that would have changed your opinion of the conference?

Big Ten is mediocre and I am being polite saying that...just like the Big Ten is mediocre in basketball this year. Its top loaded with a few good teams but the underbelly is very weak.

Oh Ok sorry I did not realize the conference was the greatest conference in the country...so your saying if Michigan State and Wisconsin would have lost today that would have changed your opinion of the conference?

Big Ten is mediocre and I am being polite saying that...just like the Big Ten is mediocre in basketball this year. Its top loaded with a few good teams but the underbelly is very weak.

I didn't say the conference was great. No one did. I said you were cherry picking programs that were down to try and argue your point. If you are using that as proof the conference is down, I'm going to bring up a program that is doing extremely well right now.

And yes, if Michigan St. and Wisconsin lost today it would change my opinion a little bit. Michigan St. beat a team many felt should be in the playoffs. Wisconsin beat a team that was in the National Championship last year.

The conference is down this year, no one is saying it isn't. It just isn't as down as everyone has said all year.

The Big Ten isn't top loaded in basketball. There's Wisconsin and then 10 rungs down on the ladder, there is the 2nd place team.

Frustrating loss. But we have to remember that many of the posters on this board are 15-17 years old and over react to everything. No moral victories, I get it but to call Kill a moron as someone did is just ridiculous.

I was too poor to make it down to the bowl game....but I did buy a commemorative t-shirt. I'm demoralized after this loss. I considered burning the shirt.....but instead.....I'll pack it in a box.

The shirt was worn once......today. It will never be worn again. Someday......when the Gophers win the National Championship......I'll pull this shirt out of the box.....look at it fondly......and remember that even though we lost.....this was a building block towards something greater.

If you don't think the Gophers were the better team, in a physical sense, I don't know what to tell you.

Their QB, who is a known scrambler, played on 1 leg over half the game, and their best receiver was in and out. That alone gives the Gophers advantage.

Again, not sure what you were watching. Gophers physically dominated the game for 3.5 quarters, but couldn't stop making mental mistakes (dropped balls, fumbles, stupid special teams plays) and made horrible coaching decisions.

If Missouri was physically superior, they would've won by 30 today, and we wouldn't have had a shot with 8 minutes left in the game.

I'm not sure how anyone could think otherwise, unless you're a mizzou fan.

I think it's pretty clear that Some of you are being to hard on KILL..he can coach and he knew he had a talent disadvantage at almost every position but TE. Our Def. was able to take away your run game and still allow your QB to make plays but heck every one knew he or your WR group couldn't dial up enough big scoring plays to win. So what did we do dominate your OL and hold your team to 106 yds rushing......you avg. 225yds per game....That is physical domination and good coaching! On the flip side even with a gimpy QB and Hunt not playing WR. We still where able to dial up enough passing game to keep your Def. honest and then Grind you down with more physical play in the 4th qrt leading to 159 yds rushing from Murphy and 114 yds rushing from Hansbrough!

From the get go of the game some of my Buds..OU,ND and NEB. fans kept telling me not to worry we had more talent and it would show in the 3rd and 4th qrt. Of course I was not buying that at all in the first half as we played like arse and looked to be mailing in the game. But they where right as bad as we played we still lead the game.

The reason Minn. was so competitive is because of the expert coaching of Kill and the execution by the players. Just keep recruiting and developing and you will win these games. But to act like Minn. has better talent is sort of biased.

I think it's pretty clear that Some of you are being to hard on KILL..he can coach and he knew he had a talent disadvantage at almost every position but TE. Our Def. was able to take away your run game and still allow your QB to make plays but heck every one knew he or your WR group couldn't dial up enough big scoring plays to win. So what did we do dominate your OL and hold your team to 106 yds rushing......you avg. 225yds per game....That is physical domination and good coaching! On the flip side even with a gimpy QB and Hunt not playing WR. We still where able to dial up enough passing game to keep your Def. honest and then Grind you down with more physical play in the 4th qrt leading to 159 yds rushing from Murphy and 114 yds rushing from Hansbrough!

From the get go of the game some of my Buds..OU,ND and NEB. fans kept telling me not to worry we had more talent and it would show in the 3rd and 4th qrt. Of course I was not buying that at all in the first half as we played like arse and looked to be mailing in the game. But they where right as bad as we played we still lead the game.

The reason Minn. was so competitive is because of the expert coaching of Kill and the execution by the players. Just keep recruiting and developing and you will win these games. But to act like Minn. has better talent is sort of biased.

Good post. By the way.... I was getting so sick of hearing how your QB was hurt. Not a shot at him, he is tough, but the announcers couldn't shut up about it. "He has an ice towel on his neck then comes into the game". An ice towel? Really? Sorry, didn't know where else to post this. Congrats on the Victory. I have been a Mizzou fan for quite a while. I have led them to multiple NCs on the Xbox.

Thanks and IMO your team played tough and hard nosed all game. Kill can coach and to act like Minn. had more talent and he squandered the game away is laughable. If Kill came out and played like some of your fans wanted it would expose some of your weaknesses....we have those same talent gulfs in the Sec and you win by covering them up with execution and smart plays. Throwing caution to the wind gets you beat....GP rarely deals up trick plays and when he does he believes it's against teams we have as much or more talent.

Thanks and IMO your team played tough and hard nosed all game. Kill can coach and to act like Minn. had more talent and he squandered the game away is laughable. If Kill came out and played like some of your fans wanted it would expose some of your weaknesses....we have those same talent gulfs in the Sec and you win by covering them up with execution and smart plays. Throwing caution to the wind gets you beat....GP rarely deals up trick plays and when he does he believes it's against teams we have as much or more talent.

Well I guess we lose if we play conservative and we would lose if we were aggressive. Might as well shut the program down!

Or maybe he dials up trick plays when his team can't do anything offensively? Truth is, the Gophers were dominating until your coach started taking risks to change the momentum. He did a great job, as our Coaches weren't ready for it. No one is saying Kill can't coach... what the majority of us are complaining about is when we were down by 3, with a minute left to play and at least two time outs left in the first half, Coach Kill just let the time run out. Even after two successful passing plays. The players on the field were pretty pissed off also from how they reacted. Then at the end of the game, instead of trying to score quickly with a 2 minute offense, we casually stroll down the field and run the time off the clock ourselves. I like what Coach Kill has done for us, and I don't mind conservative play calling if it's tied or they're up. But if they're losing, it's time to take chances... wouldn't you say? One thing for sure is Coach Pinkel thought so too.

This makes no sense.

That said, good win for you guys. Thanks for visiting, and beat Saban for me next yer fer crisessakes!

This makes no sense.

That said, good win for you guys. Thanks for visiting, and beat Saban for me next yer fer crisessakes!

I think it might. A good coach uses trick plays when they bear a better chance of success. Missouri recruits at near Nebraska levels. We don't.

It's 4th & 3 on Mizz 17 yard line. Missouri fake punts.
Who would Missouri rather try this move against? -- Alabama or Minnesota?

Answer: Minnesota ... I guess. But either attempts would be nuts. I have no idea why people are hailing this decision as "out-coaching" or brilliant. It baffles me. The only reason for praise is because it worked. Had it not, the result would've been sure Gopher points, momentum, and the ire of Mizz fans.

I think it might. A good coach uses trick plays when they bear a better chance of success. Missouri recruits at near Nebraska levels. We don't.

It's 4th & 3 on Mizz 17 yard line. Missouri fake punts.
Who would Missouri rather try this move against? -- Alabama or Minnesota?

Answer: Minnesota ... I guess. But either attempts would be nuts. I have no idea why people are hailing this decision as "out-coaching" or brilliant. It baffles me. The only reason for praise is because it worked. Had it not, the result would've been sure Gopher points, momentum, and the ire of Mizz fans.

It's obvious a few of you don't know anything about football. Missouri's coach didn't think "Hey, this is not Alabama, it's only Minnesota, so let's do a whole bunch of fake punts because we have superior athletes." It was more along the lines of "Minnesota is out playing us big time and we need to get something going. We've got a total of 26 yards in the first quarter, and it's now 4th down... we need to score, so let's try to keep the ball. Let's fake punt!"

And the out-coaching part wasn't that Missouri had successful fake punts and on side kicks... the out coaching part is that they called plays to win, while Kill called plays to not lose. Please re-watch the last minute of the first half to follow what most of us are hailing about.

This makes no sense.

To GP it makes sense.. he explained it that your best bet against talented teams is to play conservative and not expose yourself. On def. we will rarely press coverage...play our base Tampa 2 bend but don't break style...Versus teams who are less or of equal talent we will blitz more and man up. Same on offense and special teams we get more aggressive with punt blocks and trick plays believing the talent can execute them better and even over come botched trick plays. On offense he will take a lot more shots down field in the passing game etc.

To GP it makes sense.. he explained it that your best bet against talented teams is to play conservative and not expose yourself. On def. we will rarely press coverage...play our base Tampa 2 bend but don't break style...Versus teams who are less or of equal talent we will blitz more and man up. Same on offense and special teams we get more aggressive with punt blocks and trick plays believing the talent can execute them better and even over come botched trick plays. On offense he will take a lot more shots down field in the passing game etc.

So what you're saying is that if Missouri is getting man-handled, and the opponent is Alabama, they would just play conservative all game and continue taking a beating without trying to do something to change the momentum, just because Alabama has superior athletes? I find that hard to believe, but then again, I didn't watch the Missouri vs Alabama game.

Or maybe he dials up trick plays when his team can't do anything offensively? Truth is, the Gophers were dominating until your coach started taking risks to change the momentum. He did a great job, as our Coaches weren't ready for it. No one is saying Kill can't coach... what the majority of us are complaining about is when we were down by 3, with a minute left to play and at least two time outs left in the first half, Coach Kill just let the time run out. Even after two successful passing plays. The players on the field were pretty pissed off also from how they reacted. Then at the end of the game, instead of trying to score quickly with a 2 minute offense, we casually stroll down the field and run the time off the clock ourselves. I like what Coach Kill has done for us, and I don't mind conservative play calling if it's tied or they're up. But if they're losing, it's time to take chances... wouldn't you say? One thing for sure is Coach Pinkel thought so too.

I never saw Min. Dominating...I saw Mizzou have some early turn overs and play a lack luster first half in the execution dept. and some of that was very well because of the well coached gopher team...but in the end Mizzou had enough talent to wear you all down upfront on both sides of the ball.

Now don't twist this I'm not saying Mizzou was vastly better talent wise than the gophers, with a bit more execution and a few more Mizzou mistakes you could of walked away with a win.The problem was we had enough talent and executed on offense and def. to a average degree to win by 14+ PTs.

The gophers game plan was superb IMO...not give up the big play on def.....you didn't except on QB runs and in the 2nd half when our OL blew up your wore down DL....And on offense to take what the Def. was giving you,which you did but we shut down your run game with our DL and you QB had a career day throwing,but outside of the one super TE TD our DB could cover and stop any big passing plays and just let you dink and dunk but not get points. If we had less talents players or had poor execution you break some and score. Game plan for you was sound.

At the end of the day Jimmy and Joes win games not X and O...

So what you're saying is that if Missouri is getting man-handled, and the opponent is Alabama, they would just play conservative all game and continue taking a beating without trying to do something to change the momentum, just because Alabama has superior athletes? I find that hard to believe, but then again, I didn't watch the Missouri vs Alabama game.

We got beat 42-13 in the Sec title game no trick plays....got shut out versus UGA and no trick plays....take it as it is.

I never saw Min. Dominating...I saw Mizzou have some early turn overs and play a lack luster first half in the execution dept. and some of that was very well because of the well coached gopher team...but in the end Mizzou had enough talent to wear you all down upfront on both sides of the ball.

lol, I'm not even going to argue because it's obvious you're here to gloat and say Missouri has superior athletes. And you're probably right, you guys probably do have better athletes. We lost, and it all unraveled in the second half, and that's that. Good game Missouri. Now get off our boards. We're mad at Coach Kill, not Missouri.

The point most of us are trying to make is that Coach Pinkel called plays to try to win, and Coach Kill called plays to try to not lose... and ended up losing anyways. None of that says Coach Kill was a bad coach, just that he should have took more risks.

We got beat 42-13 in the Sec title game no trick plays....got shut out versus UGA and no trick plays....take it as it is.

Seriously? Missouri has superior athletes. Minnesota can't compete. Is that what you want to hear? Congrats!

lol, I'm not even going to argue because it's obvious you're here to gloat and say Missouri has superior athletes. And you're probably right, you guys probably do have better athletes. We lost, and it all unraveled in the second half, and that's that. Good game Missouri. Now get off our boards. We're mad at Coach Kill, not Missouri.

The point most of us are trying to make is that Coach Pinkel called plays to try to win, and Coach Kill called plays to try to not lose... and ended up losing anyways. None of that says Coach Kill was a bad coach, just that he should have took more risks.

RolGnav- you are the only one arguing. TheGrove is responding to your questions and when you don't like the answers you call out an agenda. Then you use "we" and "us" when you are on your own with this.

If I get a vote, I would like to see TheGrove stay on this board and you leave.

RolGnav- you are the only one arguing. TheGrove is responding to your questions and when you don't like the answers you call out an agenda. Then you use "we" and "us" when you are on your own with this.

If I get a vote, I would like to see TheGrove stay on this board and you leave.

Actually, I jumped in to ask questions because if you read all of his comments, he's been basically saying that Missouri has superior athletes because Coach Pinkel only calls trick plays against weaker opponents. My say in it is that most teams will try to mix it up and call some trick plays (fake punts, onside kicks) to change the momentum. So I just agreed with him. But if he's just hear to gloat and belittle "us" Gopher fans, then to get out of here.

But hey, you can brown nose him all you want. I don't give a flying monkey's nutt.

Edit: LOL, no wonder why.. you are a Missouri fan. Poop runs thicker than Maroon and Gold. Why are you even on a Gopher's forum?

I have been a Mizzou fan for quite a while. I have led them to multiple NCs on the Xbox.

Edit: LOL, no wonder why.. you are a Missouri fan. Poop runs thicker than Maroon and Gold. Why are you even on a Gopher's forum?

I am above all a Gopher fan. I think even you could have figured that out. I also have a few other programs I like to see succeed, such as Mizz and TCU.

It is similar to posters here on GH. I like some and some I don't. Guess where you fit?

Top Bottom