***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If we are just shooting badly today we are winning. Unfortunately we are shooting even worse than badly.

We've missed some free throws as well, although I heard on this board that they don't actually matter.

Wow, nice shot to end the half! solid effort overall.

I like the look of this game a lot more than the other night. Not settling on JUST the perimeter. It appears Konate has been told he needs to at least attempt to score.

Wow, nice shot to end the half! solid effort overall.

That's the biggest thing for me going forward. At least play hard every game. If we do that I think we will upset a few teams.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We've missed some free throws as well, although I heard on this board that they don't actually matter.

They matter, but I'd rather have more than 2 made threes than 2 more free throws. Just me though.

That's the biggest thing for me going forward. At least play hard every game. If we do that I think we will upset a few teams.

They definitely seem more awake this game. I'm thoroughly frustrated with the refs this game though. Particularly the second foul on Murphy, that call on Konate under the basket, and the no call on the illegal screen on Mason. I think if we come back out firing and the crowd stays in it, we have a shot, despite the officials.

Win or lose, this is the effort I've been waiting to see all year. Absolutely fantastic effort.

Pitino's offense seems to really be focused on getting open 3's which doesn't work as well with this team of not great three point shooters.

I'm not sure if he is impressed or surprised it went in.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, this half definitely was encouraging. They never fell behind by more than about 6. Play hard (especially defensively), don't throw the ball away, and go after loose balls and deflections and you have a chance to beat a higher rated team.

Bakary is outscoring King and Morris combined and also has as many rebounds as the two of them. The hook shot looked nice. He did a couple of them earlier in the season that worked well. I hope he continues to do more of that and less of trying to emulate Mo and getting called for a travel or offensive foul. Nice game by Dorsey. I hope he uses Gilbert a bit more in the second half to see if he can hit a couple of shots. Unless Mich State goes really cold I don't think shooting 35% will be enough to win this game.

Dorsey is or has played more under control. Good to see. Joey needs a couple of threes and I like our chances... Murphy just can't pick up a quick foul to start the 2nd half.

This is a solid showing not because they are playing fundamentally sound basketball and making shots, but because they are playing with some heart. Wish this was more the norm than the exception.

Morris is determined to do whatever it takes to score more points this half.

Morris is truly outstanding at his game; that is, consistently and single-handedly destroying momentum for his team. He's a pro at it and has it perfected.

At the game today and I am sick. They don't call travel anymore and apparently throwing your shoulder into the defender underneath and billing your way or charging in the lane is the new normal. This really isn't a fun brand of basketball to watch. College hoops is turning into the NBA. Booooooooooooooo!

Nice to see Dorsey putting together a solid game.

msu player way over the line on the pass in after bucket/

Refs really lose credibility with me when they don't call a guy that has two feet practically in bounds when he inbounds the ball after a made bucket. It's a rule. Call it.

Is the game still close enough that we're allowed to complain about officiating?

Four guys stand outside again no chance for OR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good to see The Barn almost full on a Saturday in January.

Yeah kinda sad.. I was one very hard on NCAA to call more fouls when they occur ... Now they are just making things up! They have just gone way to far.

Top Bottom