***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS EASTERN ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don't know that they have been the better team but they have certainly helped us out a ton with sloppy play and mistakes at crucial times. The Defense has played ok but EIU has been their own worst enemy all night.

+19. I find myself agreeing with you very often.

Dang it I don't care how fast he is Marcus Jones should not be returning punts...that ball went right through his friggin hands. But he must be the best at it on the team which is a frighting proposition.

It is going to be great if Santoso can keep teams from getting returns all year. Awesome to eliminate the potential for the big runback plus it seems like kick returns are where guys get hurt a lot.

It is an absolutely huge advantage to keep it out of playmakers' hands in the KR game. Here's hoping for a season full of calm winds, and a healthy leg.

It's only the first game, but we're gonna need to throw the ball effectively to win against good teams. So far 8/15 for 112 yds -- that's not good enough. Leidner will need to prove he can play QB, not fullback, or he'll get killed.

35-0, but E.I. has been the better team.

attachment.php

Let's keep this shutout. When was the last time we had one of those?

Better teams don't make the mistakes and turnovers that EIU makes.

Turnovers aren't real plays, just like free throws aren't important.

Pretty sure the QB rotation is over after tonight for EIU....my god Manley has been brutal.

If it weren't for us being up by 35 points, this would be a much closer game.

I like the "Minnesota" on the back of the jerseys, but at this point in the game with some backups in it'd be nice to put a name to a number ha.

I like the "Minnesota" on the back of the jerseys, but at this point in the game with some backups in it'd be nice to put a name to a number ha.

I would much rather have the names then Minnesota on the back.

Top Bottom