***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS EASTERN ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Overall the defense has been solid, but I think we need some practice in identifying screens!

After ONE game, I think we need lots of practice in identifying lots of things. Holy Jesus Martha. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

What a joke of an ending. They get three chances to do an onside kick.

Backups on defense are going to get an earful after this one.

Second team defense are going to get a lot of teaching time and film reviews.

It's a win, we ended the game poorly but who cares? I hate fcs games, no clue how good or bad we are based on inferior talent. I have heard Eiu is an over rated fcs team that plays in a terrible conference and never wins in the playoffs...time will tell

Congratulations Eastern Illinois for keeping their starters in all game and doing whatever it took to score as many points as they could.

Dear Sky-Is-Falling Posters Who Are Warming Up Their Keyboards:
Those last two TDs were against our 78th string.

I only saw the last few minutes, but dear god, it was like watching a movie called "The Bad News Bears give college football a try."

Can only hope the preceding 55 minutes or so were a whole lot better.

Congratulations Eastern Illinois for keeping their starters in all game and doing whatever it took to score as many points as they could.

On that last TD #5 for them did the fake taking a picture thing. What an idiot.

I only saw the last few minutes, but dear god, it was like watching a movie called "The Bad News Bears give college football a try."

Can only hope the preceding 55 minutes or so were a whole lot better.

Well we had a lot of young guys in the end. Not surprising.

What were they supposed to do? Why not take every opportunity to get reps/teaching moments for your players? It was the right thing to do for their team if they want to get better.

On that last TD #5 for them did the fake taking a picture thing. What an idiot.

I did notice one of their onside-kick team guys waving his arms trying to get their fans excited after they finally recovered it on the third try. What a frickin' gong show.

What were they supposed to do? Why not take every opportunity to get reps/teaching moments for your players? It was the right thing to do for their team if they want to get better.

Unless your star WR or TE get hurt. I don't think it's smart to have your stud TE on onside kick team when you're down by 28 at the end of the game, but more power to them.

Somewhere, somebody lost money over that point after not going forward. I have never seen that rule invoked.

How many pushups did Goldy performed tonight?

Leidner could have played better, but overall a great first game. Our defense is legit! It was obvious we were trying some things tonight...we could have run Cobb and passed to Williams and been unstoppable. We'll be fine...

Was the ball thrown to KJ May tonight?

Is kirkwood fourth string now?

Is it just me or do Gray, Nelson, and Leidner give you a lot more appreciation for Weber?

Streveler set his feet and completed a crisp pass.

Quarter back controversy.

[/sarcasm]

Edwards is a stud!!!!!

Edwards is quick

He's fast.

Wow Berkley.

Yeah he is really fast.

2 TDs - not bad for a first game

Lightning in a bottle......... Wow!

Cutting through those guys was very Maroney like.

He definitely has the speed to be elite....now just have to hope he has the durability to hold up to the pounding he will take at RB. Agree that we have not seen a guy with burst like that around here since Maroney.

Can leap tall building in a single bound.:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Top Bottom