*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-UNLV GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to hold them under 20 and score another TD. Then we can all complain about ho much better they were.

I'm sure Reusse will have some highly original article tomorrow belittling the Gophers in spite of a victory. Blah blah blah, Country Jer, blah blah blah, something about the 60's, blah blah blah.

UNLV: 344 net yards
Minnesota: 200 net yards

420 now... our Defense has a LOT of work to do as well as our Offense. It's like you can't cheer for your team & see the faults it has to some of you people...

If you're satisfied with that type of performance against a team that won 2 games last year & have lost 22 in a row on the road then you might want to put less sugar in your Koolaid...

I'm sure Reusse will have some highly original article tomorrow belittling the Gophers in spite of a victory. Blah blah blah, Country Jer, blah blah blah, something about the 60's, blah blah blah.

Offense was not impressive and I would assume that's what the article will be about

Where oh where have metrlaxative and lakesgopher gone?

Remember when Brew flat out refused to take Weber out of a game that was well in hand or Minnesota was being blown out? Kill can't get Leidner a few snaps?

Edit: Timeout/Youre welcome

Good win, but if we dont fix one major problem with scheming..... iowa and san jose st are going to torch us. Just like iowa a couple years ago I spent most of this game screaming about the super soft coverage. 7-11 yards off the line every down and they threw nothing but slants, outs and hooks. You have got to ADJUST!!!! That and our o-line has got to control the line of scrimmage and scheme block more if we cant out man them..

We beat a vucking poor team in every way. Can people ever be happy happy happy?

Except total yards. Special teams played great, offense was below average at best, defense was ok. It will get better, but I didn't expect us to struggle so much tonight

420 now... our Defense has a LOT of work to do as well as our Offense. It's like you can't cheer for your team & see the faults it has to some of you people...

Yeah, I haven't seen this much slut-shaming since I stumbled onto jezebel.com once.

I'd say there is a lot of good to take from the game but also a lot that is cause for concern.

Mitch can move real good. If he can throw the rock decently I'll feel good about our QB situation going forward for the next 4 years.

I don't think I can recall a less offensively impressive 50-point performance. I'll take it, I guess.

Good to put this one in the win column. Lots of room for improvement if we hope to win any B1G games.

50 points!!!

Celebrating.gif

Get Kirkwood healthy and work on the passing game these next two games.

Great performance by the Defense and Special Teams. Offense seemed improved in the 2nd half also. Scary first half, but nice win!

We can take two things out of this game with certainty. First, our O line may be deeper, bigger and healthier than last year, but it is still not yet a very god unit. They were manhandled by an undersized and undermanned UNLV team. Secondly, they better expand the offensive play book or it will be a long season.

How long to get injury reports on Kirkwood & Hageman?

Talk about over reactions. Nice win and the offense will get better. A win by thirty isn't even good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom