*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NORTHWESTERN GAME THREAD ***

Lol, silly Gophers. Thanks for replying back. I'm blown away by how good this team is developing into. I didn't know that Mbakwe was that good when he wasn't injured but this team has chemistry and its all starting to come together. I'm hoping my 2nd favorite team can go far this year!

Well, to be perfectly honest, the first half of this game kind of made me want to poke my eyes out. But they certainly have picked it up in the second half, which is encouraging to see. I have no doubt that this team is capable of having a big year. However, they can also be pretty maddening at times as well (just like every other college basketball team out there!).

Good luck to the Buckeyes as well. Tough one at Illinois the other day.

Just got back home from a family engagement. Looking at the box score, I'm glad I missed the first half.

How can welch be such a good free throw shooter last year and miss so often this year?

After watching that first half, never thought we would ever get even close to 70 points. Kudos to the guys for picking up the pace in the second half and putting the Wildcats away about midway through the second 20 minutes!

Nice response in second half and put them away.

Glad to see Austin Hollins take over. We need guys to step up and hit big shots and he did that in the 2nd half.

can't wait for gophersports to post the highlights to this game, so many great dunks and blocks

Austin stepped up to the plate with Andre in foul trouble and having an off night. Trevor was also huge in 2nd half.

Worst first half of basketball I've seen...ever.

Unbelievably fun second half. 52 points...5 straight threes by Austin, great dunks (and some almost that would have been all time greats by Austin & Wally Dunkenstein!)

Don't give that asshat Reusse the attention he so desperately wants.

What's he saying?

Patrick Reusse ‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
Tyus Jones & Rashad Vaughn both announced at halftime that University of Minnesota is off their lists.

Tyus Jones ‏@Tyusjones06
@1500ESPN_Reusse you have incorrect information sir...

Patrick Reusse ‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
Thank, god. You weren't watching. @Tyusjones06 You have incorrect information, sir.

What an absolute chode. Seriously, what a sad, angry, old, irrelevant dickbag.

It's not that, it's just the overall negativity that he constantly throws out gets really tiresome.

Not to mention the second tweet and Tyus was pretty unprofessional...

It's not that, it's just the overall negativity that he constantly throws out gets really tiresome.

Agreed. It was an attempt at being funny, but comes off to most of us as just another unnecessary dig at the U.

Top Bottom