*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NORTHWESTERN GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
I hope we don't have a let down. Hopefully we get off to a good start, get the crowd into it and get them down early. Let's get after it.

Need to win this one. Can't afford to let the easy ones get away if we expect to challenge for a 3 seed in the NCAA.

I can't see a let down resulting in a loss...just a closer than expected game. This NW team with the losses to injury and suspension is a shell of what it was supposed to be. They don't play defense well, shoot well or rebound much at all. We dominate them at every position with size, strength & ability. We should win by 30 if we play well. By 10 if we play poorly.

I see Joe C. and Rodney having big games (NW can't stop them). Our bigs will enjoy free reign and Mbakwe only plays 20 minutes and still gets a double double. Opportunity for Ellenson to get 15 minutes, along with Oto, Mo, EE, Mav, Welch & Ingram to book significant minutes. Starters will need rest as we have three huge games coming up against IL, MI & IN where our starters will need to play 33 plus each in those games for us to have a chance to win.

Starters will need rest as we have three huge games coming up against IL, MI & IN where our starters will need to play 33 plus each in those games for us to have a chance to win.

This is key. I'm not super concerned about a loss today (knock on wood) but it would be great to see us come out hot and be able to rest starters, as well as get valuable experience for our depth guys

Losing Cobb, Crawford and now Hearn and Lumpkin has crippled NU. They will be lucky to win 1 game this year in the B1G unless their young players really step it up.

anyone find a stream? FirstRow's link isn't working right now.

How about some chatroom action huh?

I promise we wont swear in our chants!

this style of play is gross. how can any fan be supportive of stand around for 34 seconds and then launch a three on purpose? booooooooorrrring

Slow start. We need to play better if we ever want to compete with a team like Michigan. Michigan comes out with a 20-4 run to start against Northwestern. We struggle at the beginning. It's time for us to raise our level of play.

"Why is Tubby Smith going to his bench?"

Really??

Pretty awful start. Get the starters back out there and speed up the tempo.

need to start pressing or something. put more pressure on the ball handlers and get some buckets in transition

Jeezo, 11-10 with 4:38 to go in the half. I hate playing Northwestern.

Also, we really suck tonight. Hope we don't lose.

We are offensively challenged with only Andre Hollins being capable of hitting a shot past 15 feet. This is ugly.

If you're good enough, you don't let a team like Northwestern do this.

Top Bottom