Official Gophers in the NFL Updates Thread

I played high school football with Charlie Frye. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to make millions of dollars playing football. He wasn't even that dominant in high school.

Backup quarterback is one of the best jobs in the world.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Brady Quinn and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Aaron Rodgers and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

Insulting to who? At least Weber has yet to be given a chance in the NFL. Quinn has several years and two teams in. Chances are neither of them will be in the league in a couple years, but I'd take the unknown over the proven flop at this point.

Considering Denver's style of play demands a tough, mobile quarterback, it would not shock me if Weber got some playing time if Tebow gets banged up.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Brady Quinn and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Aaron Rodgers and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

It wasn't in the same sentence, but I don't think that will change the fact that you still feel insulted.

zambam said:
I HATE the opportunity that Tebow has been given in the NFL. When you watch ESPN, all the highlights they show of him are him RUNNING not him PASSING. I have a feeling there are quite a few QBs that if given the chance Tebow has gotten would have done quite well in the NFL.

Yeah - I hate that Tebow has been given the opportunity to win games and help his team battle for a division title. I don't like that he is a winner and a good person that cares for others. Too bad one man expressing his love for God can make so many hate!

Didn't see the game so I didn't know Barber ran out of bounds in regulation as well saving Denver some time. That being said I think the writer might have been a little harsh in calling Barber dumb. It is very clear he is not a fan of MB3 because apparently he does not talk to the media. Well one former Gopher's misfortune helps another probably make the playoffs so it can't be all bad.

If you were watching the Teesus/Brady Bowl, but Tebow sat next to Weber often on the bench.

Weber has grown an impeccable mustache.

Top Bottom