Official Gophers in the NFL Updates Thread

Maybe someone will pick him up if they have injuries, I don't know why no team has given him a shot. Perhaps he could jump over to the UFL if he wants to keep his skills fresh while he tries to get signed with an NFL team.

Decker had his 7th TD of the season yesterday and Spaeth and MB3 each have TDs tonight on Monday Night Football!

Go Gophers!!

Decker had a 56-yard TD reception today. It was one of two completed passes by Tebow all game long. He went 2 for 8.

Decker was a pretty good back-up for my fantasy team early on but since Tebow took over, his numbers have dropped (like every other TE or WR on the team).

Orton Waived

Does Orton being waived open the door for Weber to join the big club?

I think it's safe to assume that they would bring him up to the 3rd spot.

Happy to see that they don't have waivers in college football and that Ryan Orton remains with the Gophers.

This is off topic and whatnot, but the timing of this seems really fishy. Why cut him now? Do they save on his salary? If he ends up in Chicago, it makes me think there's some sort of under the table deal happening.

This is off topic and whatnot, but the timing of this seems really fishy. Why cut him now? Do they save on his salary? If he ends up in Chicago, it makes me think there's some sort of under the table deal happening.

There's nothing fishy going on. They cut him now because Orton approached the front office about being cut once he heard about Cutler going down for the year. Orton has made it no secret that he would like to play in Chicago.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19391873

Outstanding...one step closer to me becoming a Broncos fan. I'd love to see a Weber-to-Decker TD in the NFL.

Imagine if someone, myself included, had the guts to take up Rosemountian up on his bet about Weber making an NFL roster. He could've been gone for good.

There are worse guys holding a clipboard in the NFL than Weber.

Amazing at this point that the best thing to happen to my fantasy team would be for Tebow and Quinn to both get hurt. Decker's had a really nice first full season, but he's next to worthless with Tebow.

Amazing at this point that the best thing to happen to my fantasy team would be for Tebow and Quinn to both get hurt. Decker's had a really nice first full season, but he's next to worthless with Tebow.
I HATE the opportunity that Tebow has been given in the NFL. When you watch ESPN, all the highlights they show of him are him RUNNING not him PASSING. I have a feeling there are quite a few QBs that if given the chance Tebow has gotten would have done quite well in the NFL.

I HATE the opportunity that Tebow has been given in the NFL. When you watch ESPN, all the highlights they show of him are him RUNNING not him PASSING. I have a feeling there are quite a few QBs that if given the chance Tebow has gotten would have done quite well in the NFL.

You hate that Tebow has gotten a chance to win a bunch of games this season? You hate that he has done the winning with his legs and not his arm? What does it matter if he is better at running than throwing? Cue someone saying it is the defense that has won the games for Denver and Tebow has had nothing to do with it.

I'm not a Tebow guy, but he wins games. Who cares how?

I am really hoping Adam gets that 3rd Spot, which I would assume he will.

Don't mean to make this a Tebow arguement (even though I guess I am) but this is incredibly dumb.

Don't mean to make this a Tebow arguement (even though I guess I am) but this is incredibly dumb.
Why? Because I dislike that just because he is Tim Tebow he has been given a chance that most spread option QBs never EVER received?

I really hope that Adam gets the call. I think that would be very cool to see, and the Donkey's QB situation seems very fluid and wide open to competition, so he could have a great shot to move his way up the depth chart if he impresses. It would just be awesome to see 'Weber to Decker' again, and it'd be good PR for the Gophers program too.

Why? Because I dislike that just because he is Tim Tebow he has been given a chance that most spread option QBs never EVER received?

Clearly no one will change your opinion so I'm not going to hijack the thread and try.

It has been tweeted in multiple places that Weber is now on the Broncos' 53-man roster.

This is somewhat of a life-changing event for me, honestly. I'm beginning to reassess my priorities in life. I'm questioning whether I want to devote time and energy to following a league that would seriously (as far as I know, this isn't a joke) pay Adam Weber to play football.

First of all he playEd for Florida during their heyday, won the heisman and a national championship.

Second, cam newton, pat white, Terrell Pryor, Vince young, Jamarcus russell. And that's just off the top of my head.

It has been tweeted in multiple places that Weber is now on the Broncos' 53-man roster.

This is somewhat of a life-changing event for me, honestly. I'm beginning to reassess my priorities in life. I'm questioning whether I want to devote time and energy to following a league that would seriously (as far as I know, this isn't a joke) pay Adam Weber to play football.

It's no more disturbing than Brady Quinn still being allowed to play this many years in. The fact that the Broncos are 5-5 with these 3 QB's is just generally mind-blowing. Ask John Elway.

As I've said a ton of times, there are worse QBs than Adam Weber who are being paid to hold a clipboard on an NFL sideline.

Weber is a strong, tough kid. He had some mechanical and footwork issues that needed to be ironed out. Heck, so did Aaron Rodgers when he came out of the Tedford system at Cal. I'm pleasantly surprised that Weber's getting a chance.

As for Tebow, he reminds me of Bobby Douglass, former Bears' QB from the 1970s. Couldn't hit the ocean from the shore when throwing the ball, but was a big guy with some speed and toughness. Almost ran for 1,000 yards one season (14 game seasons back then).

Bears stunk with Douglass. Broncos will likely stink with Tebow.

It's no more disturbing than Brady Quinn still being allowed to play this many years in. The fact that the Broncos are 5-5 with these 3 QB's is just generally mind-blowing. Ask John Elway.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Brady Quinn and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

Weber is a strong, tough kid. He had some mechanical and footwork issues that needed to be ironed out. Heck, so did Aaron Rodgers when he came out of the Tedford system at Cal.

It's pretty insulting that you would even place Aaron Rodgers and Adam Weber in the same sentence.

Top Bottom