***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN OPENER IN GAME THREAD!!***

All joking aside, I am glad to see our freshman getting playing time.

Our Oline still sucks. Only 2 untouched defenders in the backfield on that play.

Well. Start him the rest of the year. No matter if he lights it up or sucks. Leidner isn't the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much this.

Burn a guy's redshirt, he has to be the guy for the rest of the year.

Yup. I was a Leidner apologist. I'm done. Zero points is pathetic. Now that we burned Croft's redshirt.........it's time to move on.

I'm encouraged. If we can sign 5 new starters on the oline by next week, we might have something.

Croft's passes have been accurate, he's just not throwing it as hard as he should. But he's definitely way more accurate.

Where are Still and Gentry? Carter is 5'9". Tough to hit him the sideline.

Agree. Time to take lumps with Croft at QB. Leidner shouldn't see the field again unless Croft gets injured.

does seem to have a nice touch.....could use a little more zip on a couple of those.

Does he supposedly have a strang arm? anyone know?

He actually has pocket presence. I don't think I've ever seen Mitch step up in the pocket.

Say what you want about QBS until we get receivers that can hi point a ball the passing game will suffer.

You can see the difference in the accuracy like night and day. Croft just needs some game time experience.

Serious question. What do we have for a O-line next year? How many of these guys are seniors? I know we've got a bunch of guys hurt right now, is there any hope for improvement? I know our Freshman class was pretty decent, and then next years class has some decent signings as well?

Already thinking of starting the Should we start Croft the rest of the year Poll with both choices being YES.

Yes, but if this offensive line doesn't improve quickly this season is shot. The only benefit is that the experience will move Croft ahead of Leidner for next season.

I am really enthused with what Croft has shown. Definitely more of a threat than slow and weak LOLeidner.

Agree. Time to take lumps with Croft at QB. Leidner shouldn't see the field again unless Croft gets injured.

I don't think Leidner needs to see the field again at the QB position, any reps taken by him at this point are wasted.

Move him to TE so his senior year he has a chance to play a new position.

Party time in Evanston. Good for them. They aren't that good, but they get to pretend for another week.

I feel less stressed watching Croft throw. Leidner was just painful to watch.

I don't think Leidner needs to see the field again at the QB position, any reps taken by him at this point are wasted.

Move him to TE so his senior year he has a chance to play a new position.

He fumbles too much. He could maybe play FB, and just never see the ball. I'd never throw him a pass.

Croft's passes have been accurate, he's just not throwing it as hard as he should. But he's definitely way more accurate.

I would imagine he's a little jittery. And even saying that, he already looks more confident than Leidner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if we'll score today, maybe the defense can get something?

Our D only gave up 13 points (so far) - despite an offense that has been shut down all game.

Two questions: 1. Should we recruit an extra O-Lineman in this year's recruiting class?; 2. Is it time to have a dedicated Offensive Line Coach instead of Limegrover doing double duty as OC ?

Wisconsin just fumbled at the Iowa 1 yard line. Iowa still up by 4. Wisconsin has 4 turnovers. Would have been a good year to knock off WI.

Top Bottom