***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

why do these announcers have to keep telling meaningless stories? Just talk about the game at hand. when did this all start?
I agree - its impossible to know what is going on. I always have the espn box score/play by play available for those little details like fouls etc.

Nothing I hate more than passing up the 3 to step in and take a loooooooooong 2. Morris.

Crazy we are up 1 right now.

Stunned that we are leading playing as poorly as we are. If we would stop making the unforced turnovers and keep Morris from shooting long jump shots, we'll have an excellent chance to win this game.

I don't know, he's probably the easiest guy on our team to hate. If we're thinking from the rest of the conferences point of view. We're a pretty likable group of guys aside from him.

They're booing him because he's from Nebraska and didn't go there. No other team boos EE. It's just funny considering he wasn't a heavily recruited guy.

They're booing him because he's from Nebraska and didn't go there. No other team boos EE. It's just funny considering he wasn't a heavily recruited guy.

I doubt that's it. He didn't even have an offer from them.

If that's the case, then I hope we play UNLV at home in the NIT.

Konate with 7 boards!!!

We need to actually give him the ball when he is open though.

After you type your response, re-read it. If its mindless negative drivel, hit cancel.

Notable halftime stats: Konate has 7 rebounds (7 more than King), Petteway has 3 fouls, 3 turnovers.

So you are telling me that by simply looking at stats from a game you can tell how lucky a team is? How the hell are stats going to tell you how many shots rimmed out, how many guys slipped on defense, how many times player got sweat in their eyes while shooting? Or how many times guys didn't box out, threw crappy passes, or didnt rotate on defense. The first things are luck, the second set are not and neither of them show up on a stat sheet.

So you are telling me that by simply looking at stats from a game you can tell how lucky a team is? How the hell are stats going to tell you how many shots rimmed out, how many guys slipped on defense, how many times player got sweat in their eyes while shooting? Or how many times guys didn't box out, threw crappy passes, or didnt rotate on defense. The first things are luck, the second set are not and neither of them show up on a stat sheet.

I think you guys are talking about 2 different things.... You responded after Moonlight said Bakary has 6 rebounds.... I think you were talking about something the announcers said am I right?

Ugly 1st half. But I'll take an ugly road win. (There is rarely any other kind in the B1G.)

Whatever you tried to say, makes no sense. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Shields & Petteway were intro'd as the highest scoring duo in the BT. Only 8 pts so far. Keep that pressure up

I'm talking about the luck stat they cited during the first half.

I simply ignore comments that don't make sense - esp. during the game

Other side to look at it is that he will be more prepared for next year. I'd rather have a more than one 4 who has playing experience going into next season (excluding Buggs and Kanote as potential 4s)

100%. If he's ready now, play him now. This experience will be invaluable next year.

"Luck" in the Kenpom calculations is as follows - A team with any given offensive and defensive rating, against a given strength of schedule, should be expected to have a given number of wins and losses (typically fractions). Lets say that the Gophers, as the 48th best team playing against the 96th hardest schedule, are expected to be 13.2 and 5.8 (for example). The fact that we have 1.2 fewer wins than expected is "bad luck"

Top Bottom